Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

We are in Europe..!! You miserable Collection of Bar-stewards..!

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Div 3 was 13 YEARS AGO. Admin was nearly 20 YEARS AGO.  This has absolutely no bearing on our current situation  so I wish it was stopped mentioned every time top 4 is discusses.

"It'll be a shambles if we miss out on top 4 second season running after being in it virtually all the time"

"Yes but did you know we played Hereford 13 years ago?"

I agree partly..But Dont forget all the Motivation & mitigating support & reasons behind our title win.

It was also Credits Not only on our traditional & other clubs history...But the Fingers-up to the clubs, for all/Any reasons who had/are become entitled,

The wise cracks from ex-top-player/Club pundits & snobbish media, Plus our own fans, including you + me initial doubts.

Born on the Breeze of those 40,20,10 years of traditional continual earnt success of those we are/were envious. ( I personally have no jealous/envious pangs)

Those now traditional Big 6 ,with  many points in their History they too & rightly look back to...Its helped Build up to what they are and their recognised success..

& to a certain debate level, have held rightly proudly onto it...Success builds Financial-support & strength.,Followed from the  others with cynical envy.

So Yes those points , to a point with those small successes und fails  do have bearings......

Coincidence & Convenience of history if you like..

• Like 1

We have qualified for Europe two season running via our league position. 

Previously we have qualified for Europe once in our history by our league position.

We are in our first FA cup final for 53 years.

I not sure what people are getting there knickers in a twist about.

If offered, I'd take top 6 and a cup final again next season! 

We are punching well above our weight.

• Like 2

As the dust settles I will be happy. But it’s only natural to feel like we’ve blown a huge chance (2 years in a row) 

The repercussions of missing out could be huge. We could lose Rodgers, top transfer targets will be missed and the  financial difference (when the club probably needs it most) 

It’s sport of course we want to compete! I  was thinking this morning about how  random clubs(England) never get to compete in the champions league and how when we were in it I always thought that was the last time it would happen. To get this close twice and fail is just heartbreaking. 

I don’t understand how some of you don’t get that and just think ‘well it’s been a good season for little Leicester’. Both of these feelings can exist at the same time. 

It’s not like people are calling for Brendan’s head 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We have qualified for Europe two season running via our league position. 

Previously we have qualified for Europe once in our history by our league position.

We are in our first FA cup final for 53 years.

I not sure what people are getting there knickers in a twist about.

If offered, I'd take top 6 and a cup final again next season! 

We are punching well above our weight.

2 seasons in a row, finishing 5th having dropped down to that position two seasons in a row would suggest we are not 'punching' above our weight.

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

2 seasons in a row, finishing 5th having dropped down to that position two seasons in a row would suggest we are not 'punching' above our weight.

Perhaps, but the financial measurements for such things, all indicate that we are, so who knows.  :dunno: 

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Why does somebody always bring league one up ? We should never ever even dropped that low in the first place and in our entire history have played at that level once. 

The same argument applies to Champions League....in our entire history have played at that level once.........yes we’re  really close to making that twice and probably deserve it as we’ve been top 4 all season. However at start of each season there are 20 clubs dreaming and hoping for this or winning one of the cups and sadly due to financial clout there is a small elitist bunch that have almost made it a monopoly of theirs . The fact that for the third time in five years we’re the team threatening to gatecrash their cosy little club is fantastic and beyond my wildest dreams. I’ve lived and breathed every moment of LCFC sine Dec 2nd 1966 and will be bitterly dissappointed if we lose tomorrow and slip out of top 4 but I am and still will be immensely proud and happy with the season especially given the number of serious long term injuries that have hit us over last 2 seasons. Those of you who may use both or either failure as an excuse to persecute our manager or certain out of favor players will be bang out of order in my eyes. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Perhaps, but the financial measurements for such things, all indicate that we are, so who knows.  :dunno: 

I guess, but football is usually about 11 vs 11 on a saturday, and we probably have the 5th best team in the league. Just because arsenal pay £70m on Pepe does not mean he is better than Maddison (for example) who cost £25m (Unless youre a presenter on sky sports) 

2 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I guess, but football is usually about 11 vs 11 on a saturday, and we probably have the 5th best team in the league. Just because arsenal pay £70m on Pepe does not mean he is better than Maddison (for example) who cost £25m (Unless youre a presenter on sky sports) 

Think the financial measurements are a little blunt/old fashioned these days to be fair, and innovation would indicate a more contemporary metric is needed, but Arsenal’s squad, should be better than ours, as should Tottenham’s, based purely on their clubs financial might, their failure to make it a reality is an club ownership/management issue.

So our approach of reworking seemingly spent talent (Albrighton, Youri to a degree)and even more excitingly in recent times, buying next level young talent (Fofana, maybe Maddison) in conjunction with a player development focused coach/manager, is 100% the way to take the next step and cement ourselves into the Euro reckoning.

Slightly off topic there at the end, apologies!  lol

7 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Not arguing...!! Just Good banter..

what also makes Football besides the hard truth of 11 vs 11.  is  the rabbit on the Terrasse & Pub corner tables....are those fans between 11th & 6th clubs all saying, ....."Yes they are doing well, but we can Match the foxes on our day"..

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think the financial measurements are a little blunt/old fashioned these days to be fair, and innovation would indicate a more contemporary metric is needed, but Arsenal’s squad, should be better than ours, as should Tottenham’s, based purely on their clubs financial might, their failure to make it a reality is an club ownership/management issue.***

So our approach of reworking seemingly spent talent (Albrighton, Youri to a degree)and even more excitingly in recent times, buying next level young talent (Fofana, maybe Maddison) in conjunction with a player development focused coach/manager, is 100% the way to take the next step and cement ourselves into the Euro reckoning.

Slightly off topic there at the end, apologies!  lol

Agree   *** But Dont underrate...traditional- Club known-Star-  name, with the London Catchment area with other local Top Drop Off clubs..!!

for starry-eyed wanna-bes, also keeps a Reputation ticking over, with youth-policies.

If we only made the Europa or Conference as opposed to champions league, it would feel like we have claimed to have swam the channel when our lifeless body has been washed ashore at Calais.

We have spent only 2 weeks outside the top 4 since Sept 2019! Unfortunately, it was the two weeks that mattered. We all just hope history isn't repeated. Nothing wrong with that at all.

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

As the dust settles I will be happy. But it’s only natural to feel like we’ve blown a huge chance (2 years in a row) 

The repercussions of missing out could be huge. We could lose Rodgers, top transfer targets will be missed and the  financial difference (when the club probably needs it most) 

It’s sport of course we want to compete! I  was thinking this morning about how  random clubs(England) never get to compete in the champions league and how when we were in it I always thought that was the last time it would happen. To get this close twice and fail is just heartbreaking. 

I don’t understand how some of you don’t get that and just think ‘well it’s been a good season for little Leicester’. Both of these feelings can exist at the same time. 

It’s not like people are calling for Brendan’s head 

This for me is where the danger is.  I think there are many on here that feel we should be expecting top four next season.  However, we have seen in the past few months what a mini-dip in form can do if a 'big-money six' (Liverpool in this case), suddenly get it together.  With the financial power these teams have, consistent qualification for any type of European football is a phenomenal achievement by us, and we must not lose sight of that.  Like a few Uptheleauefox  said, I will be disappointed to miss out, but not devastated.  I will not buy into the idea we have bottled it, while they praise Liverpool for making it against the odds (Utter tosh!). 

The more consistently we make it into even the top 8 places of the league the better.  What we are achieving is amazing... and I'm going to enjoy the ride!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I don’t understand how some of you don’t get that and just think ‘well it’s been a good season for little Leicester’. Both of these feelings can exist at the same time

This annoys me more than anything. We can debate all day long about where our aim is and do we have the 5th best squad or the 11th best squad and all those things but the narrative that regardless where we finish, and more importantly, how we finish, there will be "little old Leicester had a brilliant season" because we once had Josh Low on the wing. Rodgers is quite clearly the best man for the job but i fo wish this "little old Leicester", attitude would die off. Doesn't mean we should expect title challenge with Man City or signing £70m players like Chelsea.

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

This annoys me more than anything. We can debate all day long about where our aim is and do we have the 5th best squad or the 11th best squad and all those things but the narrative that regardless where we finish, and more importantly, how we finish, there will be "little old Leicester had a brilliant season" because we once had Josh Low on the wing. Rodgers is quite clearly the best man for the job but i fo wish this "little old Leicester", attitude would die off. Doesn't mean we should expect title challenge with Man City or signing £70m players like Chelsea.

I think it's only our older fans that say that. Most probably as that's because it's always been that way to them. Some love to run down the City (not just our football club) and enjoy belittling everything about it. My Grandad was like it and I never quite understood. I think we find it hard to accept praise. 

• Like 1

For me, football is in my life to bring a little joy and distract from the trials and tribulations of "real life" - not add to them!

I get the point we should be striving for improvement blah blah blah. However realistically, as fans, we have zero impact on proceedings on the pitch. What does striving for improvement even look like from a fans perspective? Just seems like an excuse to have a good old moan to me.

I'm 100% convinced everyone involved in the club is doing everything in their power to improve performances on the pitch and finish the season as strongly as possible. As is evidenced by the unprecedented improvement we have seen over the last 10 or so years!

Without trying to be too philosophical about it - the key to happiness is being grateful for what you have in the present moment. Constantly wanting more is the path to unfulfillment & eternal misery my friends. We're competing at the top of the league, we are watching some of the best footballers ever to wear the shirt, we are in the FA cup final tomorrow and we have some of the best owners in football. There's not many (if any?) fans in football that have it better than us Leicester fans right now. Enjoy it while it lasts - I know I am! 

:scarf:

• Like 3