Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ryan Bertrand

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Signing someone like Gosens would have been great but it diverts funds into a position that stifles the superb JJ and up and coming Thomas. 

It makes perfect sense to get in someone like Bertand to hold the fort and we can re-evaluate the LB options next year.

Someone like Gosens will make more sense next year when we will probably have to make a decision on Ricardo as he will only have 1 year left on his deal

At that point we may decide to sell Ricardo, use JJ at right back with Castagne and bring someone like Gosens in with Thomas

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Yeah it's an absolute disgrace that we've replaced a departing experienced left back with another experienced left back lol 

We need to improve the squad. Not stand still. Signing a player on the decline just doesn't impress me. Apologies. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sdb said:

We need to improve the squad. Not stand still. Signing a player on the decline just doesn't impress me. Apologies. 

Do you think there's much point in spending £35m on a left back, when we have an injured one ready to go from December, who probably would have won no end of awards and be in the England squad if he hadn't got injured?

Have to weigh these things up don't we, i'd rather the £35m went on a CB or Striker whilst we go with Thomas and Bertrand for 4 months before JJ returns.

Also there's every chance Ricardo gets back to fitness to a level where he is on the right and Castagne is on the left, with Thomas out on loan and Bertrand as LB back up. 

Put simply we do not need to spend any transfer money on that particular position.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

People moaning about adding some decent depth? Good job some of you aren’t in charge of recruitment. 

Mad isn't it? Not too long ago we had to watch Hamza get turned inside out at RB against Spurs. How anyone can be against a free depth player, I don't know.

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Strange signing Indeed!.

Thought we'd be aiming much higher.

1 hour ago, sdb said:

Underwhelmed with this. The sort of

signing we'd have made 5 or 6 years ago. We've progressed since then.

I'm pretty sure people felt the same way about Jonny Evans.

We have just have two senior pros leave, leaving just Kasper, Vardy, Albrigthon and Evans, we need to balance youth with experience.

Unfortunately we can't afford players in the prime 26-28 years so we buy young or senior pros.

Edited by coolhandfox

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Remember that Rodgers sees Ricardo as a viable right win option too.

We could easily line up first game of the season like this....

Kasper

Timmy, Wesley, Jonny, Bertrand

Youri, ndidi, maddison

Ricardo, edouard, Barnes

That leaves out Justin who could fill in at left back or right back (unlikely to be fit I know), Soumare, vardy, Iheanacho, soyuncu, Thomas, maybe praet, mendy, kdh and possibly a new right winger.

3/4 quality signings this year and we're going to have genuine depth. 

...are you looking to play Maddison as a #8!!!

Wilf will always drop to sit infront of the back four, that way he does what he does without any indecision of who picks up who. Maddison claims he is a #8 and has asked to be accommodated in that role, playing him wide will not help to alleviate his frustration and it is a ploy that Rodgers has adopted that does not work. Very much see the two CB's as Soyuncu and Fofana and I hope we will be looking to utilise that partnership on a regular basis.

1 hour ago, sdb said:

It’s clear we aren’t signing him to be our favoured left back but he’s a steady option, we currently have injury concerns he plugs the hole till we have all full backs fit and he’s free! What’s not to like?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...are you looking to play Maddison as a #8!!!

Wilf will always drop to sit infront of the back four, that way he does what he does without any indecision of who picks up who. Maddison claims he is a #8 and has asked to be accommodated in that role, playing him wide will not help to alleviate his frustration and it is a ploy that Rodgers has adopted that does not work. Very much see the two CB's as Soyuncu and Fofana and I hope we will be looking to utilise that partnership on a regular basis.

Jonny Evans is one of, if not the best CBs in the premiership. There is no way Rodgers leaves him out if fit.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Who would you sign as an experienced replacement for Fuchs? Sometimes it's as important to bring in some experience from squad players as it is to bring in a young up and coming star. We need a blend.

Fans would soon be moaning if we have a real naivety and few players behind the scenes who can come in and have an impact. 

The odd free transfer who can bring a some know how isn't a bad thing. He also is unlikely to be on huge wages and cause much disruption to the development of Luke Thomas. He'll be cover for James Justin until he's back, so I reiterate who would you have signed? 

Dennis Rofe.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Who would you sign as an experienced replacement for Fuchs? Sometimes it's as important to bring in some experience from squad players as it is to bring in a young up and coming star. We need a blend.

Fans would soon be moaning if we have a real naivety and few players behind the scenes who can come in and have an impact. 

The odd free transfer who can bring a some know how isn't a bad thing. He also is unlikely to be on huge wages and cause much disruption to the development of Luke Thomas. He'll be cover for James Justin until he's back, so I reiterate who would you have signed? 

Alan Paris

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Jonny Evans is one of, if not the best CBs in the premiership. There is no way Rodgers leaves him out if fit.

...Fofana and Soyuncu do not get a working partnership unless the are allowed to play together and find their balance!!!

Evans injury at the moment is a big red flag and Soyuncu is so much better in a back four and constantly placing him in a three, helps no one.

• Like 1

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...Fofana and Soyuncu do not get a working partnership unless the are allowed to play together and find their balance!!!

Evans injury at the moment is a big red flag and Soyuncu is so much better in a back four and constantly placing him in a three, helps no one.

I think they will play together plenty, 4th cb depending, i just think itll be mostly cups we see that. 

If evans is fit he starts as far as brendan is concerned.