Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ryan Bertrand

13 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Not so sure myself. He went missing that night we stuffed them 9-0.

:ph34r:

Johnny Evans went missing  the night  we beat Man United 5-3!

I'm not going to look it up but I'm betting there was similar doubts in the ranks when we snapped up Marc Albrighton for a free.

There's that modern football phrase of "trust the process" and I've seen our club do so much decent business in recent years (more so when we spend less) that I'm happy to trust the process if we sign Bertrand and be pretty sure his experience, attitude and versatility will be handy.

4 minutes ago, iancognito said:

I'm not going to look it up but I'm betting there was similar doubts in the ranks when we snapped up Marc Albrighton for a free.

There's that modern football phrase of "trust the process" and I've seen our club do so much decent business in recent years (more so when we spend less) that I'm happy to trust the process if we sign Bertrand and be pretty sure his experience, attitude and versatility will be handy.

....probably the nearest thing to this would be Simpson coming to us!!!

Albrighton was young and had come on the scene at Villa as a potential England player, and for him to have slipped to a point that he was released on a free, meant something drastic must have happened, either due to application or problem with the club.

An absolute professional and very much someone to look up to.

4 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Not so sure myself. He went missing that night we stuffed them 9-0.

I dunno, you could argue he got us an assist or two, or three, or four, or...

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....probably the nearest thing to this would be Simpson coming to us!!!

Albrighton was young and had come on the scene at Villa as a potential England player, and for him to have slipped to a point that he was released on a free, meant something drastic must have happened, either due to application or problem with the club.

An absolute professional and very much someone to look up to.

True, think there was a fee for him but there were definitely doubts about Simpson and they were probably still there until Ranieri came in because Simpson was still competing with De Laet until that point. Albrighton had to work hard to get and keep a place here, it took him 6 months just to get up to our fitness levels when he'd been one of Villa's fittest players in his last season there. I think the fact he just stuck at it, worked his arse off when he got in the side won a lot of people over. Bertrand would have to do the same because we're setting top 6 standards now.

I vaguely remembered him coming in for criticism from Southampton fans this season so did a bit of reading and apparently his legs have gone, he's been totally half-arsed for much of this season and the comments here about his professionalism and superb attitude are wide of the mark. Sign him up

5 minutes ago, Guest said:

I vaguely remembered him coming in for criticism from Southampton fans this season so did a bit of reading and apparently his legs have gone, he's been totally half-arsed for much of this season and the comments here about his professionalism and superb attitude are wide of the mark. Sign him up

He is the captain I think but I’m not going to go against Southampton’s fans comments, they watch him week in week out. He was definitely class between 2014-2016 when Southampton had a very good team under koeman. 

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

He is the captain I think but I’m not going to go against Southampton’s fans comments, they watch him week in week out. He was definitely class between 2014-2016 when Southampton had a very good team under koeman. 

Nah he used to be I think but it's Ward-Prowse these days. The consensus seemed to be that he's still a decent defender 1v1 but he's no longer athletic enough to contribute in an attacking or pressing sense, and that he's a great lad to have around when things are going well but not so much when they aren't. If it's a one-year deal and he's not asking for stupid money then I don't think he's an awful signing but I certainly wouldn't be expecting much from him

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Guest said:

Maybe the case, but we heard the same from west brom regarding Evans. How many games did he play? Chances are we’ll play him far less which will help him out. 

12 hours ago, filbertway said:

Fair play if it is one, I'd have jumped the gun a bit. At 31 I can't imagine him ever wanting to sign a 1 year deal.

He could go somewhere else and get a few PL games, or he could sign with us for a season, on a reasonable salary (that's more than 30K a week;)), get a couple of extra games in the EL to add to his tally, then move somewhere else and still get a season or two on decent money. 

Until JJ is back we're short at LB, one injury and we're screwed.

This makes sense for the player and us imo. 

If they announce a 4 year deal I may change my mind.

Edited by hackneyfox

2 hours ago, enmac said:

Apparently, Southampton made him an offer which he turned down. Anyone suggest why? 

I think Leicester ticks alot of boxes for him.

European football.

Probably getting paid more.

Plus gets to work with BR again. 

• Like 1