Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ryan Bertrand

32 minutes ago, hejammy said:

So this we could potentially announce before the transfer window opens on the 9th as he was an out of contract player? 

Makes no odds really 

if you’ve agreed a deal you can announce it whenever you want to 

technically he is contracted until end June 

44 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Makes no odds really 

if you’ve agreed a deal you can announce it whenever you want to 

technically he is contracted until end June 

I mean in the sense that the club generally would not announce anything outside of the transfer window normally. 

4 hours ago, hejammy said:

I mean in the sense that the club generally would not announce anything outside of the transfer window normally. 

Clubs do that all the time. Normally they’ll wait until the previous season is over but they don’t even always do that. Once a deal is done it’s normally announced.

17 hours ago, dayday said:

We need prioritise our transfer money on buying attacking players, so this makes sense just getting a left back in as cover.

We need a 1st choice LB. Thomas, if he stays, has a lot to learn still, albeit has come in and filled a hole to the best of his abilities.

Bertrand comes in as a short term first choice LB. An experienced head, and capable of doing the job.

While doing this, he also mentors Thomas and teaches him everything he knows.

When Justin is ready to come back we don't have to rush him in, he can ease his way back into fitness, and eventually takes over as first choice LB.

Bertrand remains for the rest of the year, maybe next season too, as a rotational player, all while continuing to mentor Thomas and Justin.

It's a move that makes so much sense for everyone involved. 

• Like 3

On 28/05/2021 at 02:31, Vindaloo FOX said:

I think Leicester ticks alot of boxes for him.

European football.

Probably getting paid more.

Plus gets to work with BR again. 

The truth of it is he's probably another player who thinks he's too big for his club. There is a chance he might spend all season at left back if Justin takes a while to get back in form similar to Castange taking Perrieras position but for free or not or saving us money, this does not scream we want top 4, it whispers I'd like to stay in the league please and maybe top half if we can.

I'm so glad players don't read these because there'd be a few of us taking a right kicking. 

4 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

The truth of it is he's probably another player who thinks he's too big for his club. There is a chance he might spend all season at left back if Justin takes a while to get back in form similar to Castange taking Perrieras position but for free or not or saving us money, this does not scream we want top 4, it whispers I'd like to stay in the league please and maybe top half if we can.

I'm so glad players don't read these because there'd be a few of us taking a right kicking. 

Too big? He’s just come from Southampton ffs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Verumex said:

Bertrand comes in as a short term first choice LB. An experienced head, and capable of doing the job.

I think that describes a squad player more than a first choice starter.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, UHDrive said:

We need a 1st choice LB. Thomas, if he stays, has a lot to learn still, albeit has come in and filled a hole to the best of his abilities.

How does he learn unless we play him?

Thomas should be first choice, at least until Justin is back 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, murphy said:

How does he learn unless we play him?

Thomas should be first choice, at least until Justin is back 

He will have lots of game time, but he doesn't need to be playing 3 games a week at 19. 

• Like 1