Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ryan Bertrand

Even though this is the obvious one, it just seems so odd that Fabrizio would sit on this so tight on this info. 

My guess is that we were trying to pull something off, he cant confirm because we are still too far away. Bertrand is probably the second option. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Even though this is the obvious one, it just seems so odd that Fabrizio would sit on this so tight on this info. 

My guess is that we were trying to pull something off, he cant confirm because we are still too far away. Bertrand is probably the second option. 

Think that’s probably right

4 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Think that’s probably right

I still think we need more than one LB anyway Luke Thomas still has a lot to learn, JJ could be out all season With setbacks and fitness (look at Ricardo) and one injury could put us back into a mess there again 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I still think we need more than one LB anyway Luke Thomas still has a lot to learn, JJ could be out all season With setbacks and fitness (look at Ricardo) and one injury could put us back into a mess there again 

Our full backs may have to switch sides when necessary but when all fit we have six at a pinch -  Pereira , Casteigne, JJ, Bertrand, Thomas and Daley- Campbell so we should cope . First choice for me would be Pereira and Bertrand but plenty will have other ideas.

19 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

You want us to sign 2 left backs?

30 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Our full backs may have to switch sides when necessary but when all fit we have six at a pinch -  Pereira , Casteigne, JJ, Bertrand, Thomas and Daley- Campbell so we should cope . First choice for me would be Pereira and Bertrand but plenty will have other ideas.

Castagne first choice RB.

JJ (when fit) first choice LB...Bertrand to fill in until he's back.

8 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Castagne first choice RB.

JJ (when fit) first choice LB...Bertrand to fill in until he's back.

You don’t know if JJ will be back though? We don’t want the same thing to happen as season surely? ACL injuries can take a long time to recover from 

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You want us to sign 2 left backs?

...see what you've done @chapero82...you've set him off again!!!

He is going to give us a lecture on the need for  Right Winger and the length of it will get us to 100 pages on his own!!!

Oh and @StriderHiryu will appraise his post and tell him why he is wrong.  It is going to be a long night....God help us!!!

7 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

You don’t know if JJ will be back though? We don’t want the same thing to happen as season surely? ACL injuries can take a long time to recover from 

Thomas first choice, Bertrand back up. We've far bigger priorities than signing another left back. We'll struggle to fit all these players in our PL and EL squads.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Do we sign another LB for 4 or 5 years though on the chance that JJ might not be fit? Or just use Thomas and Bertrand for 6 months until Justin is fit again, use them for 12 months until he's hopefully back in form. We can re-assess next summer if JJ is never gonna be the same player again.

• Like 2

Luke Thomas was arguably man of the match at Wembley in his first game in front of a crowd of City fans. He'll make mistakes but he has got both the mentality and talent of a top, top player - there is no doubt he will play for England.

Why on earth would you go and sign two players in his position?

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Luke Thomas was arguably man of the match at Wembley in his first game in front of a crowd of City fans. He'll make mistakes but he has got both the mentality and talent of a top, top player - there is no doubt he will play for England.

I'm down if it means 5 at the back for the rest of the season.

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Thomas first choice, Bertrand back up. We've far bigger priorities than signing another left back. We'll struggle to fit all these players in our PL and EL squads.

You guys know better than me but I’m just worried with injuries etc again lol 

it’s our luck that both of them get injuries and then we have no cover in that position all over again 

5 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

it’s our luck that both of them get injuries and then we have no cover in that position all over again 

I suppose the ideal scenario here is Bertrand and then a left footed CB who might as a last resort be able to fill in as a left back if they're all injured. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Can only go into so much depth for squad positions though, luckily we do have some versatile players that can cover in multiple positions to allow for other players to get rested and rotated so should hopefully reduce the occurence of injuries from being overplayed

Injuries like JJ's, Pereira's and Barnes there is nothing you can really do to combat them from happening as they are just from a dodgy landing or turn etc. best you can do is have someone behind them who can come in and cover until they are back, but you have to be realistic and can't expect 3 or 4 players in the same position IN CASE of injury

Ricardo got plenty of game time towards the end of the season and has now had a full summer off and will get a full pre-season in his legs

Castagne although it was a bad injury it isn't keeping him out for a considerable amount of time, he may miss the first few games but other than that it is suggested he will actually be fine for the start of the season

Thomas although young still had some brilliant games for us, yes he will make mistakes but we are a club who should be proud of all the quality youngsters we are bringing through and should support them, in the space of a week he stepped up when needed in one of the biggest seasons for the club

Bertrand although older will bring us that much needed experience to help guide Thomas and give him that competition he needs to improve himself, but also be a quality back up should we need him giving JJ plenty of time to recover

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

we are wanting a team with some experienced heads, specifically in defense. We’ve lost some huge influences back there.

• Like 1