Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ryan Bertrand

21 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Slightly concerning without knowing the full facts. Doesn't want to take the opportunity to work in the best training facilities with an elite manager just to go anywhere else for an extra year on his contract?

Sounds like his motivation is a final pay-day. 

If he's on 60k a week, an extra year is worth around 3m.

He would be stupid not to think about it.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Romano said it's done, and he must have been super confident of the deal as he said 'here we go!':

Still makes me think that we may be trying for someone else with that deal supposedly being done over a week ago and yet to be announced

Will probably end up being Bertrand anyway but I do find it strange it seems to be taking a while to announce what should be a straight forward deal

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Still makes me think that we may be trying for someone else with that deal supposedly being done over a week ago and yet to be announced

Will probably end up being Bertrand anyway but I do find it strange it seems to be taking a while to announce what should be a straight forward deal

Took about the same time to announce Daka, and even longer for Soumare. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Fabrizio must be stalking FT and decided to do an update

Yep. Hes definitely stalking me.

21 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Fabrizio must be stalking FT and decided to do an update

Just figured out that FT is the acronym of FoxesTalk and not Football Twitter ahahahah

11 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Silly question but if it’s an option for 3rd year. is that our option or his? 

Pretty sure it is the clubs choice, don’t think I have ever heard of it being the player’s choice

my only conclusion is that he stepped on an upturned plug on his way into the office and that's delayed him while he gets some germolene and a new sock

Edited by OntarioFox

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Pretty sure it is going to be the 2 + 1 option, surely no way it would be 3 + 1

Sky sports reported he had signed a 2 + 1 deal at the beginning of this month 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12346396/ryan-bertrand-former-england-defender-agrees-deal-with-leicester-city

if the commercials are good then I'm very positive about this. Good player with extensive Premier League experience. Starter or backup is for the staff to decide, but either way squad depth and quality improved. What's not to like....