Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ryan Bertrand

34 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Was that the match where we got battered by them? I seem to remember a back-to-back loss against them and Bristol. 

Edit: I'm thinking of the Forest 5-1. We beat them 1-0, I think it was a smash and grab by us iirc.

Edited by Amin

17 minutes ago, Amin said:

Was that the match where we got battered by them? I seem to remember a back-to-back loss against them and Bristol. 

Edit: I'm thinking of the Forest 5-1. We beat them 1-0, I think it was a smash and grab by us iirc.

Yeah 1-0 think it was Waghorn?

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

More likely we won’t need him if we get CL as goosens will come ????  Hence he can’t make a call yet because our offer is CL dependent. 

Does make sense.. Really hope we get UCL even more now ffs

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He hasn’t got his wires crossed - you might have though 😄

The journo is suggesting it is Bertrand waiting on the outcome of CL or not on whether to join, where as like you, I am hoping it is us waiting to see if get CL or not on whether to get him and the journo just has it the wrong way around

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

The journo is suggesting it is Bertrand waiting on the outcome of CL or not on whether to join, where as like you, I am hoping it is us waiting to see if get CL or not on whether to get him and the journo just has it the wrong way around

If the Journo is right it’ll be more about how much game time he can expect.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

The journo is suggesting it is Bertrand waiting on the outcome of CL or not on whether to join.

Seems a little greedy of Bertrand, if true.

I know he became the first ever player to make his European debut in a Champions League final, but he's hardly illuminated the competition since. He's been with Southampton not far off a decade now hasn't he?

1 hour ago, J.Lisemore said:

No doubt be a decent signing for us, but this is horrific 😂 it was a stupid thing to say even back then, never mind now. 

We beat them 0-1 if anyone was wondering. 

...the article said he was coming back from recent concussion.....I think we need to cut him some slack!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LestaLad said:

Who tf does he think he is, fair enough if Gosens is saying it, but Bertrand hahaha

...it could be that he is aware if Champions League is in the offing, then Gosens is our man!!!

He probably can not commit, until we show him what our priorities are going to be.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

“The fact is we’re a better football club than Leicester and we should go out there as favourites.”

said Bertrand, after Tuesday’s 4-1 defeat at QPR

Not sure I want Bertrand here, his timing seems a little off...

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Why are we even considering this guy?..

He's garbage.

Because he fills the exprience gap being left by LORD FUCHS, and experience will be of benefit to YOUNG LUKE

At a guess...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Why are we even considering this guy?..

He's garbage.

Sounds like Atalanta are going to use the 1 year extension clause on Gosens to extend his contract and he would only come here if we get Champions League football. That combined with the progress in Luke Thomas’s development mean we are most likely to offer Bertrand a year deal to bridge the gap. If we get Champions League football I still think there’s a strong possibility we end up with Gosens instead. 

8 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Sounds like Atalanta are going to use the 1 year extension clause on Gosens to extend his contract and he would only come here if we get Champions League football. That combined with the progress in Luke Thomas’s development mean we are most likely to offer Bertrand a year deal to bridge the gap. If we get Champions League football I still think there’s a strong possibility we end up with Gosens instead. 

Wouldn’t mind either tbh

In fairness, I think the feeling amongst fans was pretty similar when Simpson signed for us - quite underwhelmed. Needless to say, getting an experienced Premier League left back for free is something we should be considerate of, especially if Goosens doesn't want to join. Added to that, he's a player that Brendan clearly trusts from his time with him. In my opinion, Thomas needs a year out on loan somewhere to really build experience - while I am in no way pointing the finger, I feel that an experienced, calmer head perhaps wouldn't have given Chelsea's first corner away. I think we've all seen with Ricardo this season, how long the road is to recover from an ACL injury, so although JJ will hopefully be available from around November, it's going to take him some time to reach previous levels again. Of course, Goosens is the ideal target, but I wouldn't be hugely averse to Bertrand joining for free. 

• Like 2