Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

On Behalf on the London Branch of the Supporters Club

I have been asked by a member of the LCFC London Branch of the supporters club to post the below.

such sad news, just hours before such a huge occasion. If those heading to Wembley could help this happen, I know they would be very grateful.

LCFC London Branch are devastated to learn of the untimely death of one of their long standing members, Colin Martin, at the age of 63, on the eve of City’s trip to Wembley.
As a tribute to Colin we would ask you to join in a minutes applause in the 63rd minute at Wembley tomorrow or from your sofa or pub. The applause will be followed by a rendition of ‘When you’re smiling’. A tribute will also be left on the seat Colin was due to occupy.

Edited by Bayfox
  • Sad 34

• 2 months later...

Nice tribute to Colin in The Fox's Summer Special.    It was only when I saw his photo that I put 2 and 2 together, and realised who he was. 

We always just knew him affectionately as "Colin the Cockney".   

We'd had a chat with him over 40 years ago away to Newcastle, I think,   "Did you get the train up here?" I asked.   "nah, flew up from Heathrow Airport" (where he worked and could get discounted fares).   20 mins of friendly conversation later, and you felt you knew the guy.

I'm not sure I ever really spoke to him properly again after that one meeting.    But I recognised him at 100's of away games afterwards, and me and my mates would just say hello ... and point out to anyone who was listening: "That's Colin.  He's a good bloke.   He's from London and flies to lots of  away games".

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Nice tribute to Colin in The Fox's Summer Special.    It was only when I saw his photo that I put 2 and 2 together, and realised who he was. 

We always just knew him affectionately as "Colin the Cockney".   

We'd had a chat with him over 40 years ago away to Newcastle, I think,   "Did you get the train up here?" I asked.   "nah, flew up from Heathrow Airport" (where he worked and could get discounted fares).   20 mins of friendly conversation later, and you felt you knew the guy.

I'm not sure I ever really spoke to him properly again after that one meeting.    But I recognised him at 100's of away games afterwards, and me and my mates would just say hello ... and point out to anyone who was listening: "That's Colin.  He's a good bloke.   He's from London and flies to lots of  away games".

Had a good chat with him and the rest of the London branch one night at Blackpool North station. I was going back to Sheffield and they were going to Manchester airport to kip on the floor before the first flight to London and then into work. Insane dedication right there.

Dunno if this is appropriate/respextful to ask for, but has anyone a pic of Colin they can share? 

I feel sure he's a face I might know from my early days of following City away. There were only about 800 of us in those days of Pleat Out and we were all fairly recognisbale then..I'm wondering if the fella I'm visualising is Colin

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Dunno if this is appropriate/respextful to ask for, but has anyone a pic of Colin they can share? 

I feel sure he's a face I might know from my early days of following City away. There were only about 800 of us in those days of Pleat Out and we were all fairly recognisbale then..I'm wondering if the fella I'm visualising is Colin

Just PM'd you a piccie.

• Thanks 1