Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

2021 Community Shield (vs Man City @ Wembley)

24 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

This is correct.

A home test is what's needed, scan the QR code, upload to the .gov website and get a text an email with the result.

It's obviously open to abuse though. Nothing to stop someone from lying about it.

Thanks. I wasn't aware you could do that.

31 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

This is correct.

A home test is what's needed, scan the QR code, upload to the .gov website and get a text an email with the result.

It's obviously open to abuse though. Nothing to stop someone from lying about it.

They told us that home tests were not valid for the FA cup, however once you get the text there is no difference.

The message was checked at Wembley, half heartedly by the stewards.

After the shenanigans at the euros final I'm sure they will want to make a point though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tomtom said:

My dilemma is that my sons a member whilst me and all my mates are season ticket holders.... i can get my son a ticket on Wednesday though as one person isn't going,  either that or wait till Friday and we can't sit with my mates 

I’m in the same position.

3 minutes ago, tomtom said:

What are you leaning towards doing? I can't see the big issue with a kid using a full ticket.... obviously the other way around wouldn't be right 

The Wembley gates didn’t operate a green / amber light system the Cup Final. I’m an old codger but my concession ticket just flashed green at the gate, same as my sons tickets. I also asked at the top of the stairs on Wembley (Olympic) Way whether they wanted to check my name on the ticket to my Covid info - they said No!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

The Wembley gates didn’t operate a green / amber light system the Cup Final. I’m an old codger but my concession ticket just flashed green at the gate, same as my sons tickets. I also asked at the top of the stairs on Wembley (Olympic) Way whether they wanted to check my name on the ticket to my Covid info - they said No!

There surely would be an issue with a kid flashing up Green even if they did.... just the other way around 

We are looking at going by the official Fox travel from the stadium. Does anyone know if the main car park at the ground will be open to park in as the last time we travelled from there only the shop car park was open and it was mayhem

26 minutes ago, ry.cunningham.5 said:

Does anyone know if they will check names on tickets,mates a member and wanted to get two together tomorrow with a family members season ticket??

No one knows. They didn't for the FA cup and apparently didn't for the Euros. So suggests they won't, but is always a gamble

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

No one knows. They didn't for the FA cup and apparently didn't for the Euros. So suggests they won't, but is always a gamble

No ticket checks at the FA Cup Final

Barely even looked at the Covid test text on your phones

19 minutes ago, Mapperleyfox said:

No ticket checks at the FA Cup Final

Barely even looked at the Covid test text on your phones

There was checks at least for me anyway I had my ticket and COVID text checked at that game 

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

Can assure everyone that Covid checks were more stringent at the three Italy Euro games I attended compared to the Cup Final, and rightly so. 

Completely opposite to the England games I went to. One game the signal didn’t work so I used my mates lateral flow and they didn’t even check for the final.

• Like 1

I’m taking my kids and one of their friends. He’s a season ticket holder who usually goes with his dad, but his dad can’t come.  He’s 15.  I’m wondering if the system will allow me to get a ticket in his name, or whether it won’t work, as the computer will think it’s a child on his own. 

2 hours ago, Qwerty said:

I’m taking my kids and one of their friends. He’s a season ticket holder who usually goes with his dad, but his dad can’t come.  He’s 15.  I’m wondering if the system will allow me to get a ticket in his name, or whether it won’t work, as the computer will think it’s a child on his own. 

Get the adult one too and I’ll take it off you? 

I would be careful buying tickets for others.  Its like everything in life a chance or a risk.  Loads on here saying they didnt check at the fa cup final.  

I must have been very unlucky then in that respect.  I had a small Asian Guy steward who was extremely thorough.  Checked name on drivers licence against both the ticket and the covid test.  

On entering the ground and speaking to some mates who had travelled from Melton they said they came in by a different entrance and only had to show proof of covid test?

It all depends on what steward you get on the day.