Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

2021 Community Shield (vs Man City @ Wembley)

1 hour ago, Qwerty said:

2892nd in the queue!

I was allocated 2888, 40 minute wait, went for a coffee. 

Plenty of tickets in the area I was after, 132, (same as Cup Final) and all went through smoothly. Tickets printed off. Well managed, no complaints at all.

I’m taking my 2 kids and one of their friends.  He’s 15 and usually goes with his Dad, but Dad can’t make it, so he gave me his log-in details to buy his son a ticket next to us.  We’ve got 4 seats together.  

But as I suspected, the system wouldn’t allow me to buy a single ticket for a 15 year old, so I had to buy it in his Dad’s name.  So now I’ve got an adult ticket for Dave, and it’ll be used by a 15 year old called Joe!  I’m wondering whether to just wing it and hope for the best, or speak to the club beforehand and try and sort it out (assuming anyone at the club has any idea what to do!).  

2 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

I’m taking my 2 kids and one of their friends.  He’s 15 and usually goes with his Dad, but Dad can’t make it, so he gave me his log-in details to buy his son a ticket next to us.  We’ve got 4 seats together.  

But as I suspected, the system wouldn’t allow me to buy a single ticket for a 15 year old, so I had to buy it in his Dad’s name.  So now I’ve got an adult ticket for Dave, and it’ll be used by a 15 year old called Joe!  I’m wondering whether to just wing it and hope for the best, or speak to the club beforehand and try and sort it out (assuming anyone at the club has any idea what to do!).  

just speak to the club, I did the same thing for an away game and they just fixed it for me. I reckon email them and tell them the story and they will fix it. 

2 minutes ago, TheBluestFox said:

just speak to the club, I did the same thing for an away game and they just fixed it for me. I reckon email them and tell them the story and they will fix it. 

Thank you, I think I’ll do that.  The lad is a STH himself so it’s not like we’ve broken any rules, and the website actually says under 14s must be accompanied by an adult, suggesting 15 year olds don’t.  But clearly the LCFC ticket system wasn’t modified for that rule.  I don’t mind paying the adult price, just don’t want to get turned away on the day.

3 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Thank you, I think I’ll do that.  The lad is a STH himself so it’s not like we’ve broken any rules, and the website actually says under 14s must be accompanied by an adult, suggesting 15 year olds don’t.  But clearly the LCFC ticket system wasn’t modified for that rule.  I don’t mind paying the adult price, just don’t want to get turned away on the day.

yeah, if the kid is a STH anyway then you will be absolutely fine I reckon they will just change the ticket over to the correct name

Got two but need 3 one for my lad who’s 8 he’s a member but can’t get one on Friday due to an adult not being allowed to book a kids ticket. So has to wait till general sale, pointless in being a member there just taking your money, shite system. 

26 minutes ago, adam said:

Well got 2 tickets. Hopefully it will be OK for my 5 year old son to use my dad's adult ticket. Fingers crossed. 

I have a sort of similar situation and I’m going to call the club tomorrow (when the madness has settled) to try and sort it.  I don’t want to risk getting turned away on the day. 

2 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Got two but need 3 one for my lad who’s 8 he’s a member but can’t get one on Friday due to an adult not being allowed to book a kids ticket. So has to wait till general sale, pointless in being a member there just taking your money, shite system. 

Wait what? I was hoping to book on Saturday for me and my 2 boys, who are members. You saying that's not possible?

9 minutes ago, Southcoastfox08 said:

Wait what? I was hoping to book on Saturday for me and my 2 boys, who are members. You saying that's not possible?

I can’t book my lad through my account when it goes to members, because all it says it I’m too old to buy the ticket. So we need to hope it goes to general sale so I can get him one Monday. Already spoke to the club and that’s the only option. 

3 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

I can’t book my lad through my account when it goes to members, because all it says it I’m too old to buy the ticket. So we need to hope it goes to general sale so I can get him one Monday. Already spoke to the club and that’s the only option. 

Ok, I think I had this problem with buying the memberships and assigning them to the kids. I played around with it and it worked. 

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

Even if it does go to general sale you wont be able to. You need to phone the club and get your lad a supporters number, doesnt need to be a member or anything just needs a supports number. We have just had the exact same issue with the Villareal match and my mates son. The club did it straight away and then we could buy the tickets. 

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Even if it does go to general sale you wont be able to. You need to phone the club and get your lad a supporters number, doesnt need to be a member or anything just needs a supports number. We have just had the exact same issue with the Villareal match and my mates son. The club did it straight away and then we could buy the tickets. 

We can get him a ticket on Monday, he’s already a member. Why wouldn’t he be able to get one 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Link his reference to your account and make sure you change the category of ticket in the drop down once in your basket. To match his age and use his reference. That will be fine.

I've ordered my lads today.

• Like 1