Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

2021 Community Shield (vs Man City @ Wembley)

39 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Okay, any recommendations for car parking? Trying to avoid multi-storey if possible and looking at some of the Just Park driveways - just a bit worried about going through any rough areas with a little one in tow.

Try this www.stadiumwembleyparking.co.uk , cost me £20, according to the info on their website it's in an industrial park 8 minutes walk from Wembley. Just off North Circular so looks easy enough to find.

45 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Okay, any recommendations for car parking? Trying to avoid multi-storey if possible and looking at some of the Just Park driveways - just a bit worried about going through any rough areas with a little one in tow.

I have paid £15 for a parking spot via 'Your Parking Space' App. It's around a 20 minute walk from the stadium but i chose that so that it will be easy access back on to the M1 following the match.

Wembley isn't particularly nice but it isn't much worse than a lot of other places. Even with the later kick off, it should still be light for the walk back to the car. If you go to the above app, there's reviews on most of the parking spots so just have a read of them and pick one you are comfortable with. If needs be, have a quick look on google street view if needed to put your mind at rest.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I have paid £15 for a parking spot via 'Your Parking Space' App. It's around a 20 minute walk from the stadium but i chose that so that it will be easy access back on to the M1 following the match.

Wembley isn't particularly nice but it isn't much worse than a lot of other places. Even with the later kick off, it should still be light for the walk back to the car. If you go to the above app, there's reviews on most of the parking spots so just have a read of them and pick one you are comfortable with. If needs be, have a quick look on google street view if needed to put your mind at rest.

9 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Thanks both. I’ve just paid £24 for a drive way 10 minute walk from the Red Section of Wembley where we’re seated. Happy to pay a little more to be closer to get the little one in the car quicker post game.

My Mrs has just volunteered to drive us and do some work in the car on the drive way for a few hours so I can have a few beers if I want, haha. Knew I married her for a reason, but not sure I can take up that offer 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

Park a near station close to Wembley 

justpark.com . £10 to £15

stanmore Queensbury etc 

35 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Does my 14yo need to do a lateral flow test ??? 

and how do we get that and get the message ?? 

Yes, anyone over 11. You can pick them up from chemists or order online( we've got a few left over from school home test kits). Do the test, register the result on the Gov. website they'll email you the result back as proof, then either print it off or keep the email on your phone. The stupid thing is you don't really have to do the test, just say you have & give them the serial number on the test kit, tell them it's negative & they'll email you back with proof of a negative test.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, steve555 said:

The stupid thing is you don't really have to do the test, just say you have & give them the serial number on the test kit, tell them it's negative & they'll email you back with proof of a negative test.

This is true. But you have to be a real piece of sh*t to have the test in front of you and not do it or see a positive result and still go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, steve555 said:

Yes, anyone over 11. You can pick them up from chemists or order online( we've got a few left over from school home test kits). Do the test, register the result on the Gov. website they'll email you the result back as proof, then either print it off or keep the email on your phone. The stupid thing is you don't really have to do the test, just say you have & give them the serial number on the test kit, tell them it's negative & they'll email you back with proof of a negative test.

Just out of interest, is this same procedure being used at the KP for Villareal or just a Wembley Community shield thing?