Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Maroon Kit

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Mine have arrived today. Sadly the sizing is wrong. I have 2 x larges this seasons home and the fa cup kit for sale. They're actually medium so message me if interested.

Yeah that’s just like mine deff 1 size smaller than they should be 

Here's a couple of photos of a jersey777 XL, compared to a XL 2019/20 home shirt I bought from the club shop. 

Main issue is sizing - as you can see it's probably a size smaller than the real deal (and I haven't washed it yet). Colour looks a bit alarming on the photos but is fine in real life. Have included a ketchup packet and folded over the Union FS tee on the print of Youri's shirt for a bit of reassurance. 

I don't normally get player names or numbers on the back (*shudder* Dennis Wise taught me a lesson there), these ones are solid so could cause sweating issues. As I say though, not sure if that's normally a problem or not. 

Aside from the typo in the neckline which can't be seen when the shirt is being worn, (adias?) I'd say it looks fine and the material, while not as breathable as the real 19/20 one, is fine too

20210715_145315.jpg

20210715_151815.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fitbaphile said:

Here's a couple of photos of a jersey777 XL, compared to a XL 2019/20 home shirt I bought from the club shop. 

Main issue is sizing - as you can see it's probably a size smaller than the real deal (and I haven't washed it yet). Colour looks a bit alarming on the photos but is fine in real life. Have included a ketchup packet and folded over the Union FS tee on the print of Youri's shirt for a bit of reassurance. 

I don't normally get player names or numbers on the back (*shudder* Dennis Wise taught me a lesson there), these ones are solid so could cause sweating issues. As I say though, not sure if that's normally a problem or not. 

Aside from the typo in the neckline which can't be seen when the shirt is being worn, (adias?) I'd say it looks fine and the material, while not as breathable as the real 19/20 one, is fine too

20210715_145315.jpg

20210715_151815.jpg

Is the genuine maroon kit closer to the colour of the Union FS shirt? 

22 minutes ago, brucey said:

Is the genuine maroon kit closer to the colour of the Union FS shirt? 

28 minutes ago, Fitbaphile said:

20210715_145315.jpg

20210715_151815.jpg

newFile.jpg?width=968&auto=webp&quality=

There's a chance it's a camera quality thing but to my eye all the unofficial ones I've looked at are a paler shade, I think the official shirt looks smarter.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fitbaphile said:

If only one of them had been holding a ketchup packet against their shirt during the celebrations, we'd know for sure.

Poor form from the club if you ask me

For me the biggest clue is the FA Cup patch:  Presuming that a small piece like that is easier to accurately replicate, or even source legitimate spares of at a low cost, then it serves as a good comparison point.  On the official shirts the darker edge of the badge almost blends in with the colour of the shirt whereas on the unofficial ones I've looked at that doesn't appear to be the case, there seems to be a more obvious contrast.

• Thanks 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

The quality is actually decent. The sizing is rubbish. Definitely order one size up if you are.

If anyone wants a medium new home shirt and fa cup one give me a shout.

On 15/07/2021 at 15:39, Duquesne Whistle said:

What was the faccup? Is Thailand spelled incorrectly? 

Assume you're trying to be funny. If so, 😂

They have the fa cup logo and patch on sleeve. 2 large and 1 medium.

On 15/07/2021 at 16:34, LestaFox92 said:

Yeah all the fakes colours are way off I'm colour blind and even I can tell, main reason I've not touched one.

Same, colour blind to a certain extent but even I can tell, my son has the original one and I did get a fake one a few weeks back but it's miles off. All of them seem to come from the same factory as it seems all the fake ones have this shitty colour. 

On 19/07/2021 at 13:44, rruunneerr said:

Followed your advice for the removal of TSWY logo and then got the King Power logo printed at JC sports in town. 

Great work, what did you do nail varnish remover and pick it off?

6 hours ago, Jace said:

Great work, what did you do nail varnish remover and pick it off?

Used flex off

https://www.craftstick.co.uk/Item/Flex_Off_HTV_Remover

lettering came off easy enough just hard going to get rid of the ghosting glue residue (see below pic before I finally got it all off with soapy water)

083A367B-29BB-41EB-A6D9-15D1871FA4D2.jpeg

Edited by rruunneerr
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Can these still be ordered? Page doesn’t load for me...

Yeah. Page takes ages to load though.

This guy is my man, we've had many drunken WhatsApp chats. 

Mainly me saying "The new shirt you sent me is cool, I'm defo ordering an FA Cup Final shirt", then I sent him a GIF of Youri's thunderbastard and he replied "OK, hurry" lol

True story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1