Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2021/22

Results and standings after week 3:

Club Brugge 1-1 Cercle Brugge
Beerschot 0-3 Union
KV Mechelen 1-3 KAS Eupen
STVV 1-3 Zulte Waregem
KV Kortrijk 1-2 KRC Genk
Standard 2-5 Antwerp
OH Leuven 1-1 Charleroi
Anderlecht 3-0 RFC Seraing
KV Oostende 1-0 KAA Gent

P     TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   Union  6 3 2 1 0 6 2 4
2   KV Kortrijk  6 3 2 1 0 4 2 2
3   KV Oostende  6 3 2 1 0 5 6 -1
4   Charleroi  5 3 1 0 2 4 1 3
5   KAS Eupen  5 3 1 0 2 6 4 2
6   Club Brugge  5 3 1 0 2 4 3 1
7   Cercle Brugge  5 3 1 0 2 3 2 1
8   Anderlecht  4 3 1 1 1 5 4 1
9   Zulte Waregem  4 3 1 1 1 5 4 1
10   KRC Genk  4 3 1 1 1 6 6 0
11   STVV  4 3 1 1 1 3 4 -1
12   Standard  4 3 1 1 1 5 7 -2
13   Antwerp  3 3 1 2 0 7 6 1
14   KV Mechelen  3 3 1 2 0 4 6 -2
15   RFC Seraing  3 3 1 2 0 1 5 -4
16   OH Leuven  3 3 0 0 3 3 3 0
17 KAA Gent  1 3 0 2 1 3 5 -2
18 Beerschot  1 3 0 2 1 2 6 -4

Fixtures for week 4:

Friday August 13th

Charleroi - Antwerp

Saturday August 14th

Union - KV Kortrijk
KAS Eupen - STVV
RFC Seraing - KV Oostende
KRC Genk - OH Leuven

Sunday August 15th

Beerschot - Standard
KAA Gent - KV Mechelen
Cercle Brugge - Anderlecht
Zulte Waregem - Club Brugge

20 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

Probably also the last game Henry played for us, going to be a big loss. Supposedly very emotional after the game and kinda said goodbye to the fans.

Going to be quite worried about you guys once Henry leaves unless Rezaei hits the ground running/you get someone else in, all 3 goals scored by him so far

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Going to be quite worried about you guys once Henry leaves unless Rezaei hits the ground running/you get someone else in, all 3 goals scored by him so far

Aye, I know. It's one of those things that can swing both ways I believe. Right now, we're very dependant on him but also play in a way that makes us very dependant on him. If he leaves, it could just as well be that other players will step up. But there's also a real chance that it will set us back since he's the only one scoring goals right now.

It also remains to be seen how Mercier will perform without him, as the connection between those two was nothing short of magical.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Would actually be a club record, only slightly higher than the sale of Jordan Remacle to AA Gent for a whopping 734k in 2012. 

It's been King Power modus operandi at LCFC, sell high, reinvest in the squad and improve, no surprise they are looking to work the same way at OHL. 

Any ideas who OHL will be looking at to strengthen once you have the money. 

Edited by coolhandfox

Even Leuven are signing left footed right wingers!

Levan Shengelia signs on a 2 year deal (with an option for a 3rd) on a free transfer after his release from Konyaspor in Turkey where last season he got 5 goals and 4 assists in 35 games (Only 1,676 minutes - 18.6 games) as they finished 13th.

For the past two seasons, Shengelia has been working in the Turkish Süper Lig, with middle-class Konyaspor. There he scored seven times and conceded the same number of goals. Between 2017 and 2019 Levan played football for Dinamo Tbilisi. He scored 25 goals in his home country and was also good for 14 assists. With Tbilisi, he was crowned champion of Georgia once and vice-champion once.

For Shengelia, coming to Leuven feels a bit like coming home. The winger played between 2015 and 2017 at AFC Tubize, in the Belgian second division. He played 40 times for the club from Walloon Brabant, who loaned him to Daejeon Citizen in South Korea for a while.

The Georgian has gone through all the national youth series of his country and is now on 10 selections for the national team. Shengelia made his international debut against Ireland in October 2019.

Wim De Corte, technical director at OH Leuven: “Levan Shengelia is a left leg who knows the Belgian competition quite well and could be picked up transfer-free. He will offer the coaching staff extra options on the flank and in the attacking compartment.”

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Latest rumours: Mamadou Fall (29, Charleroi, right winger) and Didier Lamkel Ze (24, Antwerp, left winger/striker). The latter is a very controversial figure but one with a LOT of football qualities. 

Padding out the attacking department then!

How come he is controversial?

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Padding out the attacking department then!

How come he is controversial?

Very peculiar character, lots of stories about him at Antwerp. They actually wanted to get rid of him in January because his final antic was showing up in training with a jersey of rivals Anderlecht but then Mbokani arrived back late from holiday, had to quarantine and he had to fill up the striker slot. Did really well, scored in his first game back but none of his teammates celebrated with him... 

A bit of a domestic equivalent of Mario 'why always me' Balotelli. But an amazing football player, when he's right in the head.

Edited by KlaaZ
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, KlaaZ said:

Very peculiar character, lots of stories about him at Antwerp. They actually wanted to get rid of him before but then Mbokani arrived back late from holiday, had to quarantine and he had to fill up the striker slot. Did really well, scored in his first game back but none of his teammates celebrated with him... 

A bit of a domestic equivalent of Mario 'why always me' Balotelli. But an amazing football player, when he's right in the head.

Is Brys the kind of manager who will give him the kick up the arse it sounds like he needs?

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Is Brys the kind of manager who will give him the kick up the arse it sounds like he needs?

I'd say it's more the need to feel a manager's confidence, and I believe Brys would be capable of getting him going, yes. He's a big fan of Lamkel Ze, apparently. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Very peculiar character, lots of stories about him at Antwerp. They actually wanted to get rid of him in January because his final antic was showing up in training with a jersey of rivals Anderlecht but then Mbokani arrived back late from holiday, had to quarantine and he had to fill up the striker slot. Did really well, scored in his first game back but none of his teammates celebrated with him... 

LOL, I remember that. Not going to lie, that whole incident was pretty funny.

If that is true I really hope that Brys has a plan for him. Cause once he starts acting up it's gonna change the atmosphere in the dressing room. I know Brys wants some characters in the team, but this is an unguided missile....

On the other hand, Brys used to be a police officer so I guess he knows how to deal with a player like Lamkel Zé.

Edited by Phugalu