Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2021/22

I hate to say it, but with getting promoted, I wondered if Leuven had the staff in charge to cope with top level football, and after last season Kuhn Top was obliged to keep those in charge where they were. 

However, I feel like Top almost had to see them fail before he could bring in better quality staff  with 1st division experience that could  attract better quality players and coaches.

Expect big changes from board room level all the way down to DoF and head coach.. Top is not afraid to make changes.

I can't blame Brys just yet for not being able to deliver what has been promised to the fans.

I still have doubts about his tactics, because it leaves us vulnerable in the center and at the back, but he didn't get anything of what was promised to him either.

I don't know what our transferbudget is and what our board is doing with it, but I am looking at them and our DOF first for not bringing in any players that bring our squad to the next level except for maybe Dewaest.

I really do hope Top jumps in to do something about the situation, because it is already too late to build a team to chase those promised ambitions. Now the focus should be to build a team to stay in the first division. With Henry gone soon our squad will lose a big chunk of quality as well.

Do we really need that 6 million to be able to do proper transfers? Is our transferbudget that low? Or do we need more experienced people with better connections at top level on our board?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I hate to say it, but with getting promoted, I wondered if Leuven had the staff in charge to cope with top level football, and after last season Kuhn Top was obliged to keep those in charge where they were. 

However, I feel like Top almost had to see them fail before he could bring in better quality staff  with 1st division experience that could  attract better quality players and coaches.

Expect big changes from board room level all the way down to DoF and head coach.. Top is not afraid to make changes.

I really don't think our coaching staff is to blame here. They're good enough for this level.

We're in this mess because we didn't have a normal preseason because there weren't enough first team players. Our CEO said a couple of months ago they wanted to sign 12 new players. We currently have 5 new players which means our board still has to do the majority of it's business. Today's August 22nd  and we're already 5 games into the new season...

Time for TOP to kick some people out and replace them with people that are capable of working at this level!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MPH said:

it's necessary, this summer has been a disaster in the transfer market. I don't see them making up for this in the last 10 days of the window. Once you are at the back of the table it's not easy to climb back up. Henry is a huge loss when we were already down. Even with the 6 million they got, they just don't seem to be able to attract the right players that provide exta quality. Relegation is not unthinkable this season.

34 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

Any good?

I quite happy with this signing.

De Sart is a young (24) Belgian midfielder who knows the league and already has 125 games in our 1st division under his belt. He also known our manager as they worked together at STVV. His peformances with STVV were very good and then he signed for Antwerp where he was a big part of the team that won the Belgian Cup and played in the Europa League. Last season he had a couple of injuries which kept him out of the squad.

In my opinion we should target thse kind of players. Young (Belgian) players who've already proven themselves in our 1st division or a league of the same level.

We still have a lot of work to do, but if we keep signing players of this level we should be fine and we should be able to start building for the future.

• Like 2

Results and standings after week 5:

Standard 1-0 KV Oostende
RFC Seraing 2-1 Cercle Brugge
OH Leuven 1-4 KAS Eupen
STVV 0-2 KV Kortrijk
Anderlecht PP KAA Gent
Zulte Waregem 2-2 Charleroi
Club Brugge 3-2 Beerschot
KV Mechelen 3-1 Union
Antwerp PP KRC Genk

P     TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   KAS Eupen  11 5 3 0 2 12 6 6
2   Club Brugge  11 5 3 0 2 11 5 6
3   Standard  10 5 3 1 1 7 7 0
4   Union  9 5 3 2 0 9 5 4
5   KV Kortrijk  9 5 3 2 0 6 4 2
6   KV Oostende  9 5 3 2 0 8 9 -1
7   KRC Genk  7 4 2 1 1 10 6 4
8   Anderlecht  7 4 2 1 1 7 5 2
9   Charleroi  7 5 1 0 4 7 4 3
10   KV Mechelen  6 5 2 3 0 7 9 -2
11   RFC Seraing  6 5 2 3 0 5 9 -4
12   Cercle Brugge  5 5 1 2 2 5 6 -1
13   Zulte Waregem  5 5 1 2 2 7 10 -3
14   Antwerp  4 4 1 2 1 8 7 1
15   KAA Gent  4 4 1 2 1 5 5 0
16   STVV  4 5 1 3 1 4 8 -4
17 OH Leuven  3 5 0 2 3 4 11 -7
18 Beerschot  1 5 0 4 1 4 10 -6

Fixtures for week 6:

Friday August 27th

KV Kortrijk - KV Mechelen

Saturday August 28th

Charleroi - Beerschot
KAS Eupen - RFC Seraing
Cercle Brugge - STVV
Union - Standard

Sunday August 29th

KAA Gent - Club Brugge
Antwerp - OH Leuven
KRC Genk - Anderlecht
KV Oostende - Zulte Waregem

4 hours ago, Bonanza said:

none whatsoever...

Apparently the club still wants to sign a couple of players including a CB and 1 or 2 strikers, but I haven't heard any names.

So far for the 12 to 15 players we were going to get that were reinforcements... I think drastic measures will be taken soon.

On 22/08/2021 at 13:17, leuven said:

was injured all last season, another gamble.

Wouldn't consider him a gamble, if he can remain fit (and I have little doubt about that), he'll make us stronger for sure. Very complete midfielder.

• Like 1

Antoine Colassin on his way, 20-year old youngster from Anderlecht. Had a good start with them a few seasons ago but then got blocked by Nmecha, was loaned out to Zulte Waregem where he didn't get it going. Transfer fee rumoured to be 1.5M. 

2 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Antoine Colassin on his way, 20-year old youngster from Anderlecht. Had a good start with them a few seasons ago but then got blocked by Nmecha, was loaned out to Zulte Waregem where he didn't get it going. Transfer fee rumoured to be 1.5M. 

1.5M is a lot of money for a youngster who failed during his loan spell at Zulte Waregem last season...

Very big risk! I don't like it...