Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2021/22

10 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Brys Out

5 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I remember being criticised for saying it was silly to hand out a new 4 year contract to Brys when he's never lasted at a club more than 18 months.

Can't blame the manager for this, guys...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I remember being criticised for saying it was silly to hand out a new 4 year contract to Brys when he's never lasted at a club more than 18 months.

Never bother to actually look back in the thread and see how poorly he has been backed this transfer window and has just lost one of the best strikers in the league?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Never bother to actually look back in the thread and see how poorly he has been backed this transfer window and has just lost one of the best strikers in the league?

Not to get too salty but at the same time he’s probably annoyed the board. 

He has access to all this great talent at Leicester and rejects the idea of receiving it. Almost like a kid who doesn’t want his wealthy fathers money. 

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

He has access to all this great talent at Leicester and rejects the idea of receiving it. Almost like a kid who doesn’t want his wealthy fathers money. 

We don't even know if he has even been offered any players this summer, and lets not act like we have been always been giving him quality options when we have sent players there.

He played Sowah every single game last season

Iversen was starting every game until his injury and unfortunately for him Romo performed well in his absence and earned the number 1 choice

Benkovic who couldn't get a game at his previous loan club and can't even get on our bench in an injury crisis

King who wasn't getting any offers from even Championship level at the time

Eppiah who is a youth striker and had no chance of misplacing Henry

Also what great talent do we realistically have this season that could go and play a role for them in the top tier of Belgium?

Maybe Leshabela who wouldn't be better than or ahead of Mercier?

None of our Under 23s are good enough for that level, and we shouldn't expect them to be a "loan farm" and give up all hopes of doing well in the league to just give game time to our youngsters.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

With all due respect, but I don't think any player of Leicester's U23 squad is good enough to play regular minutes for us...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bonanza said:

With all due respect, but I don't think any player of Leicester's U23 squad is good enough to play regular minutes for us...

It’s always hard to call who exactly could make it but I’m sure we have a couple that could add something to the squad. Especially as free acquisitions. I suppose the question is what position you need most.

We are likely to need to ship Hamza and mendy out on loan before deadline day as our numbers don’t add up (in terms of eligible squad size) Obviously you might not need a cm but both of these are high quality options (if they would consider the move) 

10 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

It’s always hard to call who exactly could make it but I’m sure we have a couple that could add something to the squad. Especially as free acquisitions. I suppose the question is what position you need most.

We are likely to need to ship Hamza and mendy out on loan before deadline day as our numbers don’t add up (in terms of eligible squad size) Obviously you might not need a cm but both of these are high quality options (if they would consider the move) 

Players like Hamza and Mendy would be a good addition, but I doubt they are interested in coming to Leuven.

Edited by Bonanza

Full Time - Antwerp 2-2 OH Leuven

Much better in the 2nd half, definitely deserved the point they got from the game and could've been all 3 if not for the poor luck and lack of composure in the 1st half

A decent striker would have got goals today, Rezaei didn't really impress me

Shengelia with 2 goals in 2 games off the bench

Mercier as quality as ever, 2 brilliant assists today for the goals

image.png.fb6cba802c02bdc82dd238038a7906e0.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Hopeful performance but yeah, there need come a time where we are more efficient because at this rate, we won't get a win soon. 

Need to make sure whoever the new striker signing is that they get it right

Sory Kaba could be good, he isn't too bad with the ball at his feet in the box but he could thrive getting on the end of crosses from players like Mercier

Edited by moore_94

We deserved more than a draw today. We finally saw what this team is capable of. What I learned today: Tamari had his best game for OHL so far, he still lacks efficiency though. Dewaest behaves like a neanderthal when his light goes out... he's gonna cost us points eventually. Rezaei will not be our first pick striker if we manage to get two more. Schrijvers is not even worth sitting on the bench... why did Maertens have to come off for him? Romo is always solid and consistent. He has such good reflexes. Our tactic works against some teams only. On top of that it is a very exhausting tactic as well, which will mess up our most technical players' skills at the end of the match.

So let's get in a few more quality players before deadline and we're good to go. Too bad we didn't get the 3 points today...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

So let's get in a few more quality players before deadline and we're good to go. Too bad we didn't get the 3 points today...

Good to see some optimism coming back into this thread!

But it will be that much better to see those "few more quality players" in, so you guys can compete and not just survive.  If that doesn't happen, there will be changes, probably sooner than later.  :claude:

LCFC fans' trust in this ownership may still look too implicit to folks in Leuven?  Actually it was earned over years.  Genuinely humanistic ... but hardass at the level it needs to be.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Iran said:

Levan Shengelia was brilliant coming of the bench these past 2 games, hopefully starts against Kortrijk.

He looks promising indeed! Same goes for Alexis De Sart who was brilliant today, in my opinion.

• Like 1