Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2021/22

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

No consolation I know, but I reckon on any stat apart from the score you were the much better side, you had enough of the game to win it.

The ref was as weak as piss.

Yeah, it's always the same story with this guy. That said, this is not the first game where we're the better team in every aspect but still lose or drop points. There's a pattern here, and it's not a good one. :)

• Like 1

I would like to see a change of tactic (why not try a 4-2-3-1?), we are far too nonchalant on counter attacks of the opponent. Headless chickens running all over the place when that happens, even the goalie joined in this time for some reason. 

Chakla was terrible, Rezaei keeps on getting the preference over Kaba and the Ukrainian kid... god knows why. I rather see Levan start instead of Tamari, he's just not bringing anything but speed to the team. 

Well so far for the euphoria from last week...

Edited by Phugalu

1 hour ago, Phugalu said:

I would like to see a change of tactic (why not try a 4-2-3-1?), we are far too nonchalant on counter attacks of the opponent. Headless chickens running all over the place when that happens, even the goalie joined in this time for some reason. 

Chakla was terrible, Rezaei keeps on getting the preference over Kaba and the Ukrainian kid... god knows why. I rather see Levan start instead of Tamari, he's just not bringing anything but speed to the team. 

Well so far for the euphoria from last week...

The Ukrainian kid is not yet eligible to play, something with his papers. 

17 hours ago, Webbo said:

No consolation I know, but I reckon on any stat apart from the score you were the much better side, you had enough of the game to win it.

The ref was as weak as piss.

I agree.

I really think we have a decent team, but it's clear the lads need some more time to get to know each other and learn how to play together.

Results and standings after week 8

Cercle Brugge 1-2 KAS Eupen
KV Oostende 3-1 Beerschot
KV Mechelen 2-0 OH Leuven
Union 2-1 Zulte Waregem
Charleroi 0-1 Club Brugge
STVV 1-2 KRC Genk
Antwerp 2-1 RFC Seraing
Standard 0-1 Anderlecht
KV Kortrijk 1-0 KAA Gent

P     TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   Club Brugge  17 8 5 1 2 16 11 5
2   Union  16 8 5 2 1 16 7 9
3   KRC Genk  14 7 4 1 2 14 8 6
4   KAS Eupen  14 8 4 2 2 15 10 5
5   Anderlecht  13 7 4 2 1 15 8 7
6   KV Kortrijk  13 8 4 3 1 10 8 2
7   Standard  13 8 4 3 1 8 12 -4
8   Charleroi  13 8 3 1 4 15 9 6
9   KV Oostende  12 8 4 4 0 11 15 -4
10   Antwerp  11 7 3 2 2 13 10 3
11   STVV  10 8 3 4 1 7 10 -3
12   KV Mechelen  10 8 3 4 1 13 18 -5
13   RFC Seraing  9 8 3 5 0 8 13 -5
14   Cercle Brugge  8 8 2 4 2 10 11 -1
15   Zulte Waregem  8 8 2 4 2 12 16 -4
16   KAA Gent  7 7 2 4 1 13 10 3
17 OH Leuven  7 8 1 3 4 8 16 -8
18 Beerschot  1 8 0 7 1 7 19 -12

Fixtures for week 9:

Friday September 24th

Club Brugge -

OH Leuven

Saturday September 25th

Beerschot - KAS Eupen
Zulte Waregem - KV Kortrijk
Standard - STVV

Sunday September 26th

Union - Antwerp
KAA Gent - Cercle Brugge
KV Oostende - Anderlecht
KRC Genk - RFC Seraing
Charleroi - KV Mechelen
Edited by Bonanza

....Sowah not seeming to put much effort in his play!!!

He refuses to drive into the box to commit the defender and seems to be strutting around as their main man. I would not be surprised if he is pulled at the start of the second half. You need to be putting in a shift as well and he seems to be waiting for the perfect moment.

Good game so far, Club Brugge not as much on top as I thought they would be.

21 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by Cenk Ozkacar.

I had my doubts about him as he's very young and never played 1st team football before, but I have to say he's one of our best player

I agree. Chakla will have to work for his spot, cause he hasn't convinced yet so far and I don't think Dewaest or Ngawa will lose their spot to him. We were with our back against the wall for the second half, but the mentality we showed was great. Proud of our boys today, with some luck we could have been given a penalty or even scored a goal more. It's in the details once again. Let's hope we can continue like this against Beerschot next week.

Edited by Phugalu
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

I agree. Chakla will have to work for his spot, cause he hasn't convinced yet so far and I don't think Dewaest or Ngawa will lose their spot to him. We were with our back against the wall for the second half, but the mentality we showed was great. Proud of our boys today, with some luck we could have been given a penalty or even scored a goal more. It's in the details once again. Let's hope we can continue like this against Beerschot next week.

The results in our next 2 home games (Beerschot and STVV) will determine the remainder of our season. If we win both games we can still compete for a place in the top 10, but if we lose or draw both games it will be a relegation battle for the rest of the season.