Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2021/22

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Has there been anything about whether you will have money to spend or whether it will be all free agents?

In terms of loanees from ourselves probably looking at some of the promising young players like Leshabela (21), Suengchitthawon (21), maybe Tavares (19) if he sticks around - all midfielders/attacking mids

With the club back at pre-season and only 6 weeks until the first league game should hopefully see some movement with players next week

The club has made it clear that they want quality players, so I guess we'll have to spend some money. Last year we bought Malinov for €400.000 (£350.000), Tamari for €1.000.000 (£860.000) and Siebe Schrijvers for €1.750.000 (£1.500.000). My guess is we'll see this kind of money spend on the new players as well. The 1.750.000 for Schrijvers is a club record by the way.

According to some of our fans the club is aiming for young (max 26 years old), talented players, who we can sell on with profit in the future.

The team leaves for trainingcamp on June 25th and our manager has made it clear that he wants as many new players as possible to join the squad for this trainingcamp. Our Director of Football has his work cut out for him!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bonanza said:

The club has made it clear that they want quality players, so I guess we'll have to spend some money. Last year we bought Malinov for €400.000 (£350.000), Tamari for €1.000.000 (£860.000) and Siebe Schrijvers for €1.750.000 (£1.500.000). My guess is we'll see this kind of money spend on the new players as well. The 1.750.000 for Schrijvers is a club record by the way.

According to some of our fans the club is aiming for young (max 26 years old), talented players, who we can sell on with profit in the future.

The team leaves for trainingcamp on June 25th and our manager has made it clear that he wants as many new players as possible to join the squad for this trainingcamp. Our Director of Football has his work cut out for him!

Not surprising when you consider the success King Power have brought to LCFC with the same model.

• Like 1

The main issue at this point, coming from an interview with Brys, is that the transfer prices at the moment are really absurd. I think they know who they want, it's more about money at this point. 

That said, here are a few rumours I've picked up left and right.

First one is Vlietinck, right wing back/winger who was on loan with us last season, and who they're trying to get on a permanent deal. He had a rough start last season but picked up afterwards and would be a solid addition. Only 23 and Belgian as well.

There's also talks coming from a Scottish newspaper that we're interested in signing Jack Hendry. He played on loan at Oostende last season (from Celtic) and did really well there, after which he joined them permanently. But rumour has it that he has been bought with the idea of selling him immediately for a healthy profit. Main problem here will be transfer cost, as the lad is valued at 3.5M EUR on transfermarkt.com and is with Scotland at the Euros so this could still go up. 

And a final one is that we're looking to sign Youssef Challouk from second division team Deinze. 25, Belgian (right?) winger who has a great season, scoring 8 and assisting 10 in 25 games. Main question is if he has what it takes to play at a higher level. 

• Like 1

On 09/06/2021 at 14:48, Bonanza said:

The club has stated that they will be signing 12 to 15 new players since most of our team from last year is gone. 

Have left the club:
David Hubert

There are some rumours about outgoing transfers:

Thomas Henry will most likely leave our club in the next couple of days/weeks. Some of the teams that have shown interest are Swansea, Brighton, Besiktas and Celta de Vigo.

Aboubakar Keita will most likely be sold to Charleroi (Belgian 1st division)

Xavier Mercier has recieved a lot of interest from teams from Belgium, Turkey, UAE and Saudi Arabia.

If Henry and Mercier follow Sowah and Hubert out the door, that’s your four leaders in minutes played, plus 39 out of 53 goals and 26 out of 37 assists -- over 70% of the attacking end product -- departing.

1494693606_OHL20-21leaders.JPG.691995b12a885df117379452c7411961.JPG

Who do you have in the squad (or linked) that could come in and replace those contributions?

5 hours ago, KingsX said:

If Henry and Mercier follow Sowah and Hubert out the door, that’s your four leaders in minutes played, plus 39 out of 53 goals and 26 out of 37 assists -- over 70% of the attacking end product -- departing.

1494693606_OHL20-21leaders.JPG.691995b12a885df117379452c7411961.JPG

Who do you have in the squad (or linked) that could come in and replace those contributions?

Replacing David Hubert shouldn't be a big problem. While we currently don't have anybody in the squad who can take his place, I have no doubt we can bring in a new CDM who's even better.

Both Mousa Al-Tamari and Siebe Schrijvers should be able to replace Kamal Sowah. Kamal had a spectacular first half of the season, but like I said before, his performances dropped during the 2nd half of the season and he never recovered. We often wondered why our manager kept him on the pitch while either Schrijvers or Tamari were on the bench.

Replacing Xavier Mercier will be difficult. Siebe Schrijvers can play as CAM, but he's a completely different type of player. If Mercier leaves, I think we should bring in a new starting CAM (+ a backup CAM which we also don't have at the moment).

In my opinion it's impossible to replace Thomas Henry. A club like OHL (even with the support of King Power) simply can't bring in a striker who will score 21 goals. We should bring in 2 new strikers who can both score 10 goals.

At this moment we only have a few players who are worthy of a place in the starting 11 (assuming both Henry and Mercier leave our club):

Rafael Romo in goal, Casper de Norre at left-back, Kristiyan Malinov and Mathieu Maertens at CM and Siebe Schrijvers and Mousa Al-Tamari as wingers. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bonanza said:

Replacing David Hubert shouldn't be a big problem. While we currently don't have anybody in the squad who can take his place, I have no doubt we can bring in a new CDM who's even better.

Both Mousa Al-Tamari and Siebe Schrijvers should be able to replace Kamal Sowah. Kamal had a spectacular first half of the season, but like I said before, his performances dropped during the 2nd half of the season and he never recovered. We often wondered why our manager kept him on the pitch while either Schrijvers or Tamari were on the bench.

Replacing Xavier Mercier will be difficult. Siebe Schrijvers can play as CAM, but he's a completely different type of player. If Mercier leaves, I think we should bring in a new starting CAM (+ a backup CAM which we also don't have at the moment).

In my opinion it's impossible to replace Thomas Henry. A club like OHL (even with the support of King Power) simply can't bring in a striker who will score 21 goals. We should bring in 2 new strikers who can both score 10 goals.

At this moment we only have a few players who are worthy of a place in the starting 11 (assuming both Henry and Mercier leave our club):

Rafael Romo in goal, Casper de Norre at left-back, Kristiyan Malinov and Mathieu Maertens at CM and Siebe Schrijvers and Mousa Al-Tamari as wingers. 

Nampalys Mendy would fit right into your team..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bonanza said:

Mandela Keita will be the one for CDM :ph34r:

• Like 1

Careful with these young Portuguese kids, they like to break your heart (looking at you Tavares)

“Lucas Monteiro from our OHL Academy was called up for an internship of the U16 Portuguese National Team last week!”

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Shirt reveal tomorrow!

The €45 shipping really ruins trying to get a Leuven shirt (bloody brexit) hopefully they start selling them in the Leicester shop again

45 for a delivery fee from belgium to england is ridiculous. i could literally send it myself as a normal human with no company infrastructure around me, to the usa for less than half the price...

On 13/06/2021 at 22:41, moore_94 said:

Mandela Keita will be the one for CDM :ph34r:

I'm actually hoping he'll get enough game time this season. The same goes for quite a few other youngsters. It should be possible to have a youth product in every strata of the pitch: Raemaekers/Patris in central defense, Keita/Asante in central midfield, Vekemans/Allemeersch/Gilis (if he comes back from loan) in attack.