Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2021/22

Full Time 2-2

Started the game really well but just seemed like as soon as it was 2-0 they shut up shop and decided to defend the rest of the game

Should've come out a bit more when they went down to 10 men and 2-1 but the way they played they were just asking for Anderlecht to equalize

Certainly had chances on the counter to get goals, and just a poor penalty from Kaba in the end.

Definitely thrown away 2 points tonight

Up 1 place to 14th

image.png.22c70d14afd1f9d3612ed096dbc9cacb.png

• Like 1

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....once he had opened up his body you would think he would have gone to the keepers right!!!

I think it was a counter bluff and he got caught in two minds....good game though.

I don't know, even from his run up it just seemed really obvious that he was going to put it to the keepers left, just made it too easy for the keeper

This time I blame the draw on Brys. It's up to him to wake his team up. Throw a damn Simeone tantrum for all I care, but get them focused. Why Kaba had to take that penalty is a mistery... that guy's legs were made of jelly in the end. There were better options on the field. I also blame Brys for that. Everyone saw that this was not his to take. 

Anderlecht robbed us of a made goal sadly. But that is no excuse to miss a penalty.

Edited by Phugalu

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don't know, even from his run up it just seemed really obvious that he was going to put it to the keepers left, just made it too easy for the keeper

....it was just too obvious on his approach, but the switch at the last minute to the opposite side is what the very creative takers do. Either way it was a poor execution.

4 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

This time I blame the draw on Brys. It's up to him to wake his team up. Throw a damn Simeone tantrum for all I care, but get them focused. Why Kaba had to take that penalty is a mistery... that guy's legs were made of jelly in the end. There were better options on the field. I also blame Brys for that. Everyone saw that this was not his to take. 

Anderlecht robbed us of a made goal sadly. But that is no excuse to miss a penalty.

It happens. Kaba is number one on the list of penalty takers, so it was his choice whether he would step up or not. Nobody's faultless. 

Results and standings after week 13

KV Oostende 2-4 KV Mechelen
Charleroi 3-0 KAS Eupen
Standard 1-1 KV Kortrijk
Beerschot 3-0 RFC Seraing
STVV 1-2 Club Brugge
Zulte Waregem 2-6 KRC Genk
Cercle Brugge 0-1 Antwerp
Anderlecht 2-2 OH Leuven
KAA Gent 0-2 Union

P     TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   Union  28 13 9 3 1 29 13 16
2   Club Brugge  26 13 7 1 5 23 15 8
3   Antwerp  24 13 7 3 3 23 16 7
4   KV Mechelen  23 13 7 4 2 25 23 2
5   Charleroi  23 13 6 2 5 25 14 11
6   Anderlecht  21 13 5 2 6 27 18 9
7   KRC Genk  20 13 6 5 2 27 22 5
8   KAS Eupen  20 13 6 5 2 23 20 3
9   KV Kortrijk  19 13 5 4 4 16 15 1
10   KAA Gent  17 13 5 6 2 21 15 6
11   KV Oostende  17 13 5 6 2 18 24 -6
12   Standard  16 13 4 5 4 14 21 -7
13   STVV  15 13 4 6 3 14 20 -6
14   OH Leuven  14 13 2 3 8 17 22 -5
15   Zulte Waregem  13 13 3 6 4 21 32 -11
16   RFC Seraing  12 13 4 9 0 16 27 -11
17 Cercle Brugge  9 13 2 8 3 13 20 -7
18 Beerschot  5 13 1 10 2 12 27 -15

Fixtures for week 14

Friday November 5th

OH Leuven - KV Oostende

Saturday November 6th

KAS Eupen - Zulte Waregem
KV Mechelen - STVV
KV Kortrijk - Beerschot
Union - Charleroi

Sunday November 7th

Club Brugge - Standard
RFC Seraing - KAA Gent
Antwerp - Anderlecht
KRC Genk - Cercle Brugge

...shame about the finish at the end but either Anderlecht is a poor team or we have improved a great deal!!!

Good to see we move the ball forward through the middle of the field as opposed to playing a runner in from the half way line hoping he has the pace and the ball is perfectly weighted to get him in. The extra support is making the possibility of goals more likely and it is not so hit and miss.

In the last two games we haven't looked second best compared to the earlier games we had played.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...shame about the finish at the end but either Anderlecht is a poor team or we have improved a great deal!!!

Good to see we move the ball forward through the middle of the field as opposed to playing a runner in from the half way line hoping he has the pace and the ball is perfectly weighted to get him in. The extra support is making the possibility of goals more likely and it is not so hit and miss.

In the last two games we haven't looked second best compared to the earlier games we had played.

We suffered from the fact that most of our signings came in so late, but now it looks like we're finally reaching our full potential.

We have 2 very important home games coming up (Friday against KV Oostende and RFC Seraing after the international break). If we win both of them we can start looking up and maybe still aim for a top 10 finish.

• Like 1