Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2021/22

22 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I’m in refuge from our frankly dispiriting football. Are Leuven a good watch these days?

We're entertaining, at least. Last three games were 2-2 away at Standard Liege, 4-1 home win against Sint-Truiden and another 2-2 away draw at Anderlecht.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bonanza said:

We suffered from the fact that most of our signings came in so late, but now it looks like we're finally reaching our full potential.

We have 2 very important home games coming up (Friday against KV Oostende and RFC Seraing after the international break). If we win both of them we can start looking up and maybe still aim for a top 10 finish.

....I always wonder why people do not aim higher for their team!!!

I suppose the need to be realistic, but a top 6 finish is nowhere out of the question.  This league is inconsistent.

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I always wonder why people do not aim higher for their team!!!

I suppose the need to be realistic, but a top 6 finish is nowhere out of the question.  This league is inconsistent.

It's all about being realistic. There're still a lot of games left to be played this season so anything can still happen, but at this point in the season I rate at least 8 team higher than OHL.

I think Club Brugge, KRC Genk, Antwerp, Anderlecht, KAA Gent, KV Mechelen, Union and Charleroi will end up in the Top 8 (playoffs).

KAS Eupen, OHL, KV Oostende, Standard, KV Kortrijk, Zulte Waregem will compete for places 9 to 14

STVV, RFC Seraing, Cercle and Beerschot will compete for places 15 to 18.

In my opinion a finish between 9th and 12th would be a decent performance, especially considering our summer transfer window (21 players out, 11 new players in) and our (lack of) pre-season.

• Like 2

In addition to what Bonanza said, there's also the fact that the defensive shambles is still not fixed. I feel we're looking slightly better there than last season, but we still concede way too many goals. The good news is that we finally started scoring. 

• Like 1

A good team effort today... except for Tamari. How inconsistant can you be... One week he's good, the other he's terrible. Today he showed us both. So many times that he screws up a pass, screws up receiving a pass, screws up his dribbles, and now he also let the team down by getting send off after a 2nd yelow card for a schwalbe. It took him 3(!) min to walk off the field after his red card. While walking off he kept on throwing childish tantrums by kicking things on his way. Next time i'm gonna b*tchslap him if he lets the team down like this again. He is not a teamplayer, and I'm gettting the feeling that he keeps on doing what he wants on the pitch. 

Besides that, the whole team peformed well. Tough game where Oostende clearly adapted to our style of play, but a deserved win today. 

...Tamari is so petulant...!!!

Everything he does is for show, that childish kick out for his first yellow and going over in the box, it is not about the team for him. He thinks he is Mahrez, he only need someone to realise it. Best to offload as soon as possible, his stock maybe higher than it should be right now, sell him in January.

Results and standings after week 14

OH Leuven 1-0 KV Oostende
KAS Eupen 1-1 Zulte Waregem
KV Mechelen 0-1 STVV
KV Kortrijk 1-1 Beerschot
Union 4-0 Charleroi
Club Brugge 2-2 Standard
RFC Seraing 0-0 KAA Gent
Antwerp 2-0 Anderlecht
KRC Genk 1-1 Cercle Brugge

P    TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   Union  31 14 10 3 1 33 13 20