Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2021/22

Wow... what a shit game of OHL. Romo keeps on screwing up week after week, Kaba still runs around like a newborn giraffe, what is he even doing on a football field... he clearly missed out on motoric exercises at elementary school. The determination and belief of the last few weeks were completely gone today. Are the international games taking away some of that good form or something. They need to improve badly. Please get a real striker in january, and some pacey, creative players for the wings. Cause we hardly create decent chances.

And **** me, that ref... did Seraing drop a bag of money in his dressing room by mistake?

3 hours ago, Bonanza said:

In my opinion Brys is the one to blame here!

Why on earth would you play 5 at the back against a team like Seraing???

Our national team plays like that against worse teams... too bad Brys doesn't get that we don't have the same players to make it work. Leaving Kaba on a full game you can't explain to me either. But for sure Brys' tactics need to be revised, or get proper players.

Results and standings after week 15

KV Mechelen 2-1 Club Brugge
Cercle Brugge 1-2 Charleroi
OH Leuven 1-3 RFC Seraing
Zulte Waregem 1-2 KAA Gent
Standard 1-0 KAS Eupen
Anderlecht 1-1 KV Kortrijk
STVV 2-1 Antwerp
KV Oostende 1-7 Union
Beerschot 2-0 KRC Genk

P   TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   Union  34 15 11 3 1 40 14 26
2   Antwerp  27 15 8 4 3 26 18 8
3   Club Brugge  27 15 7 2 6 26 19 7
4   KV Mechelen  26 15 8 5 2 27 25 2
5   Charleroi  26 15 7 3 5 27 19 8
6   Anderlecht  22 15 5 3 7 28 21 7
7   KAA Gent  21 15 6 6 3 23 16 7
8   KRC Genk  21 15 6 6 3 28 25 3
9   KAS Eupen  21 15 6 6 3 24 22 2
10   STVV  21 15 6 6 3 17 21 -4
11   KV Kortrijk  21 15 5 4 6 18 17 1
12   Standard  20 15 5 5 5 17 23 -6
13   KV Oostende  17 15 5 8 2 19 32 -13
14   OH Leuven  17 15 3 4 8 19 25 -6
15   RFC Seraing  16 15 5 9 1 19 28 -9
16   Zulte Waregem  14 15 3 7 5 23 35 -12
17 Cercle Brugge  10 15 2 9 4 15 23 -8
18 Beerschot  9 15 2 10 3 15 28 -13

Fixtures for week 16

Friday November 26th

Union - OH Leuven

Saturday November 27th

RFC Seraing - STVV
Cercle Brugge - KV Mechelen
KAS Eupen - KV Kortrijk
Charleroi - Anderlecht

Sunday November 28th

KRC Genk - Club Brugge
Zulte Waregem - Beerschot
KAA Gent - Standard
Antwerp - KV Oostende

On 20/11/2021 at 20:18, Phugalu said:

Wow... what a shit game of OHL. Romo keeps on screwing up week after week, Kaba still runs around like a newborn giraffe, what is he even doing on a football field... he clearly missed out on motoric exercises at elementary school. The determination and belief of the last few weeks were completely gone today. Are the international games taking away some of that good form or something. They need to improve badly. Please get a real striker in january, and some pacey, creative players for the wings. Cause we hardly create decent chances.

And **** me, that ref... did Seraing drop a bag of money in his dressing room by mistake?

....Kaba getting little service, seems to be getting flak for that penalty miss, as previously he was a breath of fresh air upfront!!!

Either Romo is taking back handers or he is betting on himself to concede. Far too many unbelievable mess ups happening time and time again and you start to wonder.

Great finish by Maertens, he had to get the contact right, lashing at the ball could have sent it anywhere.

50 minutes ago, Permafrost said:

Were Union promoted to Division A last season?

That's some effort to go 7 pts clear at the top.

Any secret behind their rise?

Yes, they got promoted after winning the 2nd division last season. They're a very good team without "big name players" and they have a very good manager in Felice Mazzu.

To be fair, Union were the best team in the 2nd division for a couple of years. In my opinion they were the best team in the league when we and Beerschot got promoted, but for some reason the always managed to drop points at critical moments in the season.

I think their biggest secret is the fact that they scout very well. They always sign unknown players that turn out to be very good. For example, their striker, Denis Undav, came in from FC Meppen (German 3th division) for free, but already scored 13 goals and gave 9 assists in 15 games.

Union is owned by the same guy that owns Brighton (Tony Bloom) by the way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Permafrost said:

Were Union promoted to Division A last season?

That's some effort to go 7 pts clear at the top.

Any secret behind their rise?

I agree with Bonanza here. I also felt Union was the best team in division 1B the last few years. I was suprised it took them so long to get consistent. I am not surprised however that they're doing so well actually. They are a closely knit team with technical and intelligent players.They have my support to win the 1st division this year, they'd deserve it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bonanza said:

Yes, they got promoted after winning the 2nd division last season. They're a very good team without "big name players" and they have a very good manager in Felice Mazzu.

To be fair, Union were the best team in the 2nd division for a couple of years. In my opinion they were the best team in the league when we and Beerschot got promoted, but for some reason the always managed to drop points at critical moments in the season.

I think their biggest secret is the fact that they scout very well. They always sign unknown players that turn out to be very good. For example, their striker, Denis Undav, came in from FC Meppen (German 3th division) for free, but already scored 13 goals and gave 9 assists in 15 games.

Union is owned by the same guy that owns Brighton (Tony Bloom) by the way.

...sounds a bit like what we used to do!!!