Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2021/22

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Great win.

I'm sure that would have been a penalty for handball in the PL.

There was actually a VAR intervention and he went to look, but the ball came off another body part first and the rules (at least in Belgium) are quite clear on that one. If it comes off another body part (such as your thigh) and then hits your arm/hand, no foul/penalty as it's considered involuntarily. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

Yup, we're lucky to have that retarded ref for once today. The other player did absolutely nothing. I really thought Mercier would be smarter than that being the captain and all...

You don't give a red card for something like that. Mercier didn't even hit him...

This is why Belgian refs don't get any games in Europe. They simply don't have a feel for the game

Edited by Bonanza

9 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

You don't give a red card for something like that. Mercier didn't even hit him...

This is why Belgian refs don't get any games in Europe. They simply don't have a feel for the game

He made a clear head movement when standing face-to-face with his opponent...

3 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

This isn't ballet, Klaaz...

In my opinion this is just a yellow card. If he would've hit him it's a red card

Hitting a player is irrelevant when making such a reaction. It's the fact that he does it, not the impact of what he does or whether he hits his opponent (which he did actually, as far as I could see).

• Like 1