Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2021/22

On 14/06/2021 at 20:40, moore_94 said:

Shirt reveal tomorrow!

The €45 shipping really ruins trying to get a Leuven shirt (bloody brexit) hopefully they start selling them in the Leicester shop again

I could help you sending one but I have no idea about the shipping cost though. Probably a lot cheaper than 40 euros though.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

@Bonanza any news on transfers this week?

We recieved an offer of €6.000.000 (£5.137.794,58) from Swansea for Henry. Other teams interested are  Angers, Reims, Montpellier, Brighton, Mainz, Werder Bremen, Udinese, Genoa and Celta de Vigo.

As usual no news on incoming transfers, which is really starting to piss us off!!! Our season starts in a month and we still don't have a team! 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

We recieved an offer of €6.000.000 (£5.137.794,58) from Swansea for Henry. Other teams interested are  Angers, Reims, Montpellier, Brighton, Mainz, Werder Bremen, Udinese, Genoa and Celta de Vigo.

As usual no news on incoming transfers, which is really starting to piss us off!!! Our season starts in a month and we still don't have a team! 

For some reason I didn't expect a bid of €6m, thought they would low ball you for about €2-3m to start, hopefully with all the interest you can get quite a bidding war going for him as it could fund quite a lot of moves

That is quite disappointing there is nothing on incomings, going to have to end up announcing a new player every day if this carries on

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

For some reason I didn't expect a bid of €6m, thought they would low ball you for about €2-3m to start, hopefully with all the interest you can get quite a bidding war going for him as it could fund quite a lot of moves

That is quite disappointing there is nothing on incomings, going to have to end up announcing a new player every day if this carries on

We shouldn't be happy with anything less than €7.500.000 for Henry (£6.500.000), simple as that.

The big problem at OHL is our Director of Football, Wim Decorte. The man has been with us for about 5 years and has shown he's not good enough to work at a pro club. The only thing he has to do is negotiate with players and sign them, but he can't seem to convince them to sign with us. Most of his signing are done in the last couple of days of the transfer market when players are out of other options.

5 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

We shouldn't be happy with anything less than €7.500.000 for Henry (£6.500.000), simple as that.

The big problem at OHL is our Director of Football, Wim Decorte. The man has been with us for about 5 years and has shown he's not good enough to work at a pro club. The only thing he has to do is negotiate with players and sign them, but he can't seem to convince them to sign with us. Most of his signing are done in the last couple of days of the transfer market when players are out of other options.

With the amount of clubs interested I imagine you would probably be able to squeeze that out of someone

He doesn't sound good at all then, we should lend you Rudkin for a week, he will get you all sorted lol might be quite scary what this Decorte does if he has a bit of money to spend from Henry as well

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

With the amount of clubs interested I imagine you would probably be able to squeeze that out of someone

He doesn't sound good at all then, we should lend you Rudkin for a week, he will get you all sorted lol might be quite scary what this Decorte does if he has a bit of money to spend from Henry as well

Thank god Decorte isn't the man who builds the team.

Manager Marc Brys has told the scouts what kind of players he want. Our scouts searched for players that fit those profiles. Brys, with the help of his assistent manager Charai, DOF Decorte and head scout Rik Vandevelde made a list of players that he wants for next season. Like I said, the only thing Decorte has to do is negotiate and sign players that are on this list.

His excuse is that teams are asking for immorally high prices for their players. Meanwhile, the other Belgian clubs are signing players for quite reasonable fees...

Edited by Bonanza

On 17/06/2021 at 20:50, Bonanza said:

His excuse is that teams are asking for immorally high prices for their players. Meanwhile, the other Belgian clubs are signing players for quite reasonable fees...

To be fair, there's very little movement on the transfermarket. Most signings in Belgium are free players, and presumably not of the quality that Brys wants. I think we'll have to wait until after the EC before things really start moving. 

On 27/06/2021 at 19:39, KlaaZ said:

To be fair, there's very little movement on the transfermarket. Most signings in Belgium are free players, and presumably not of the quality that Brys wants. I think we'll have to wait until after the EC before things really start moving. 

There's no time to wait! The new season starts in 25 days and it's looking very likely we'll have to start the season with our development squad!

Every season we have to hear another excuse as to why we have to wait to sign new players. While we were in the 2nd division we had to wait until the end of the transfer period to sign players, because those players wanted to wait and see if they could sign a contract with a team in the 1st division. Last year we couldn't sign players because we didn't know if we would play in the 1st division or the 2nd division. This year we have to wait until the Euro's are over... Do you really think we're going to sign Italian, Belgian, Danish, French, Dutch, English, German and/ or Spanish international players? I'm sick and tired of the excuses!!!

We all knew last year that we would have to build a whole new squad this summer. I didn't expect all our new signings to be done in June or even July. I accept that we sometimes have to wait until the last week or days of August to sign a certain player. I don't mind that. But we haven't made a single new signing yet. NOT ONE! The guy in charge of signing new players is just incompetent to work for a professional football club and needs to be replaced.

We all expected for our club to try to compete for a spot in the playoffs this season. Instead we will be fighting against relegation if things don't change quickly!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

There's no time to wait! The new season starts in 25 days and it's looking very likely we'll have to start the season with our development squad!

Every season we have to hear another excuse as to why we have to wait to sign new players. While we were in the 2nd division we had to wait until the end of the transfer period to sign players, because those players wanted to wait and see if they could sign a contract with a team in the 1st division. Last year we couldn't sign players because we didn't know if we would play in the 1st division or the 2nd division. This year we have to wait until the Euro's are over... Do you really think we're going to sign Italian, Belgian, Danish, French, Dutch, English, German and/ or Spanish international players? I'm sick and tired of the excuses!!!

We all knew last year that we would have to build a whole new squad this summer. I didn't expect all our new signings to be done in June or even July. I accept that we sometimes have to wait until the last week or days of August to sign a certain player. I don't mind that. But we haven't made a single new signing yet. NOT ONE! The guy in charge of signing new players is just incompetent to work for a professional football club and needs to be replaced.

We all expected for our club to try to compete for a spot in the playoffs this season. Instead we will be fighting against relegation if things don't change quickly!

Pretty much every important player from last season, with the exception of Sowah, is still at the club. So there's no need to be overly negative. Mercier, Maertens, Henry, Tamari, Malinov, De Norre, Romo, Ngawa, Schrijvers,... All still there. We need more quality, that's for sure, but I feel like a lot of people are exaggerating. 

I agree that De Corte is substandard by the way, and I'm not a fan of him either. But the reality is that there is very little going on on the transfer market as things stand, and the EC has a lot to do with that. 

3 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

Pretty much every important player from last season, with the exception of Sowah, is still at the club. So there's no need to be overly negative. Mercier, Maertens, Henry, Tamari, Malinov, De Norre, Romo, Ngawa, Schrijvers,... All still there. We need more quality, that's for sure, but I feel like a lot of people are exaggerating. 

I agree that De Corte is substandard by the way, and I'm not a fan of him either. But the reality is that there is very little going on on the transfer market as things stand, and the EC has a lot to do with that. 

Many teams in the league are completing transfers (not only free transfers without a fee) with the exception of a few clubs only. We are not aiming for players that are in the EC. You have to keep in mind that the coach asked for 12 new singings. The ambition is to compete for a spot in the playoffs. Every other team has enough with 4-5 new players, we need a whole new team. That's a huge difference. Marc Brys will be evaluated on the results but try fitting most of those new players into the team within 25 days. He has all right to be frustrated imho. I am not optimistic towards the first game against Zulte-Waregem.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Leuven Fan said:

Many teams in the league are completing transfers (not only free transfers without a fee) with the exception of a few clubs only. We are not aiming for players that are in the EC. You have to keep in mind that the coach asked for 12 new singings. The ambition is to compete for a spot in the playoffs. Every other team has enough with 4-5 new players, we need a whole new team. That's a huge difference. Marc Brys will be evaluated on the results but try fitting most of those new players into the team within 25 days. He has all right to be frustrated imho. I am not optimistic towards the first game against Zulte-Waregem.

We don't need a whole new team, fact of the matter is that 8 or 9 players of the starting squad are still there. Yes, we need quite a few fresh signings. But pretending that there's nothing left but youth is just false. 

And you are indeed not optimistic, which seems to be the main trait of the average fan. Never happy, always complaining. We just beat Israeli champion Macabi Haïfa in our last friendly. The only signings Zulte made are Hubert (who was end of contract with us and was with reason not deemed good enough anymore), Gano, and Joost Van Aken, who hasn't played a single game for Sheffield Wednesday in 2021, a team that finished bottom last in the Championship. 

24 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

We don't need a whole new team, fact of the matter is that 8 or 9 players of the starting squad are still there. Yes, we need quite a few fresh signings. But pretending that there's nothing left but youth is just false. 

And you are indeed not optimistic, which seems to be the main trait of the average fan. Never happy, always complaining. We just beat Israeli champion Macabi Haïfa in our last friendly. The only signings Zulte made are Hubert (who was end of contract with us and was with reason not deemed good enough anymore), Gano, and Joost Van Aken, who hasn't played a single game for Sheffield Wednesday in 2021, a team that finished bottom last in the Championship. 

Just wishing the club doing well and not fighting against relegation. We both want the same, I am sure. Besides I don't complain about the players that are still at the club, but worried about not singing any new player yet. To add, I didn't make up the number of new players that are needed, those words come from our coach. I'm certain he knows best about the matter and trust his judgement.

Zulte-Waregem did some more singings besides the ones you mentioned they also contracted: Ciranni, Sörmo and Vigen. No idea about the level from Sörmo and Vigen and to end on a small positive note: Zulte-Waregem got smacked against Union SG 3 days ago with a clear 0-4 :)

• Like 1

On a positive note, Brys is hoping to have a few new players in the squad by Wednesday. Reading between the lines, that would hopefully mean they're in the finally stages of finishing up contract talks with these players.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

On a positive note, Brys is hoping to have a few new players in the squad by Wednesday. Reading between the lines, that would hopefully mean they're in the finally stages of finishing up contract talks with these players.

Any rumours about who they are? Or are the club pretty good at keeping things quiet?