Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2021/22

48 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

Apparently we're interested in loaning Marco Kana from Anderlecht according to this gossip:

https://www.voetbalbelgie.be/specials/kana-naar-andere-belgische-club/2021/12/28/?fbclid=IwAR3T_XGpSy3zYCr2dPmm5Th1EdvgmdxOUvMiyRoy8e5KLaLaVEIin6CldXc

Which I think is odd since we have Malinov and Keita as defensive midfielders already

12 minutes ago, Sly said:

Is he an improvement on what you have?!

Not sure if he would be an improvement but if it is with an option to buy, I'd be more than happy to see him come over. Might be to provide more cover at the back, as he's a natural both at defensive mid and central defender.

After a couple of days off, our lads are back in training. This afternoon they traveled to Algorfa (Spain) where they'll stay until January 11th.

A couple of guys didn't join the squad:

Sory Kaba (Guinea) and Sofian Chakla (Marocco) will compete in the Africa Cup.

Yannick Aguemon and trainer Joachim Mununga tested positive for COVID.

Scotty Sadzoute will go out on loan.

The loan deal for Jesse Sekidika has been terminated. Sekidika returns to Turkey where his club Galatasaray will send him out on loan to Enyupspor.

Barnabas Bese's contract has been terminated in mutual agreement.

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 1

On 27/12/2021 at 21:56, Bonanza said:

Results and standings after week 21

Cercle Brugge 2-0 Club Brugge
KV Kortrijk PP Antwerp
Standard 0-1 Zulte Waregem
Union 0-0 KAA Gent
KV Oostende 0-4 KRC Genk
KV Mechelen 2-0 RFC Seraing
Charleroi 0-3 OH Leuven
STVV 2-0 KAS Eupen
Beerschot 0-7 Anderlecht

P     TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   Union  47 21 15 4 2 50 20 30
2   Club Brugge  40 21 11 3 7 41 28 13
3   Anderlecht  38 21 10 3 8 50 26 24
4   Antwerp  37 20 11 5 4 37 24 13
5   KAA Gent  34 21 10 7 4 33 22 11
6   KV Mechelen  33 21 10 8 3 37 37 0
7   Charleroi  32 20 9 6 5 35 29 6
8   KV Kortrijk  31 20 8 5 7 26 22 4
9   KRC Genk  29 21 8 8 5 40 33 7
10   OH Leuven  26 21 6 7 8 29 34 -5
11   Cercle Brugge  25 21 7 10 4 28 28 0
12   KAS Eupen  25 21 7 10 4 30 36 -6
13   STVV  24 21 7 11 3 22 31 -9
14   KV Oostende  23 21 7 12 2 23 43 -20
15   Standard  23 19 6 8 5 22 31 -9
16   Zulte Waregem  23 21 6 10 5 31 45 -14
17 RFC Seraing  19 21 6 14 1 23 42 -19
18 Beerschot  9 20 2 15 3 15 41 -26

Fixtures for week 22

Friday January 14th

KAA Gent - KV Kortrijk

Saturday January 15th

OH Leuven - KV Mechelen
Zulte Waregem - KV Oostende
RFC Seraing - Union
Club Brugge - STVV

Sunday January 16th

Antwerp - Charleroi
KAS Eupen - Cercle Brugge
Anderlecht - Standard
KRC Genk - Beerschot

Its a bit early to speculate but if Union could hang on to the top spot that would be astonishing

• Like 1

On 28/12/2021 at 18:28, Phugalu said:

Apparently we're interested in loaning Marco Kana from Anderlecht according to this gossip:

https://www.voetbalbelgie.be/specials/kana-naar-andere-belgische-club/2021/12/28/?fbclid=IwAR3T_XGpSy3zYCr2dPmm5Th1EdvgmdxOUvMiyRoy8e5KLaLaVEIin6CldXc

Which I think is odd since we have Malinov and Keita as defensive midfielders already

....noticed Keita not getting as much game time as before!!!

He has always impressed me with his composure on the ball and I feel there is a lot more to come from him but we are not pushing him to get better and he is plateauing at this moment.

At this moment we (Leicester City)  have a good competition in midfield, but I would certainly wish to see him here with us, and watch him develop.

1 hour ago, Bonanza said:

After a couple of days off, our lads are back in training. This afternoon they traveled to Algorfa (Spain) where they'll stay until January 11th.

A couple of guys didn't join the squad:

Sory Kaba (Guinea) and Sofian Chakla (Marocco) will compete in the Africa Cup.

Yannick Aguemon and trainer Joachim Mununga tested positive for COVID.

Scotty Sadzoute will go out on loan.

The loan deal for Jesse Sekidika has been terminated. Sekidika returns to Turkey where his club Galatasaray will send him out on loan to Enyupspor.

Barnabas Bese's contract has been terminated in mutual agreement.

Seems to me ur buys tend to be bad rather than good half the time  🤷🏼

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....noticed Keita not getting as much game time as before!!!

He has always impressed me with his composure on the ball and I feel there is a lot more to come from him but we are not pushing him to get better and he is plateauing at this moment.

At this moment we (Leicester City)  have a good competition in midfield, but I would certainly wish to see him here with us, and watch him develop.

It's a matter of bad luck really. He was on the bench in the 1-3 win against league leaders Union, where the duo Schrijvers - Malinov performed really well. I think he's mostly the victim of Schrijvers being pulled back to act as a deep-lying playmaker, rather than the inclusion of Malinov (who is more of a ball winning midfielder). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nannypig7 said:

Seems to me ur buys tend to be bad rather than good half the time  🤷🏼

It's been a problem for many years now.

King Power needs to get rid of the people that are in charge of signing new players and bring in some guys that know what they're doing...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Winter break is over for Leuven and back to league action as they are at home against 6th placed KV Mechelen

KV Mechelen has forfeit the game.

Mechelen has 7 people who tested positive for COVID, including their manager, assistent-manager and their 1st and 3th goalkeeper. Yesterday they asked the League to postpone the game, but the answer was no. 

4 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Mechelen has 7 people who tested positive for COVID, including their manager, assistent-manager and their 1st and 3th goalkeeper. Yesterday they asked the League to postpone the game, but the answer was no. 

Oh interesting, is Leuven putting the team out just their way of saying that they are "going ahead with the match" as such?

Does that mean automatic 3-0 win for Leuven?

Just now, moore_94 said:

Oh interesting, is Leuven putting the team out just their way of saying that they are "going ahead with the match" as such?

Does that mean automatic 3-0 win for Leuven?

I believe our team has to come out on the pitch in full gear in time for kick-off as well. We have to show we were ready to play this game.

This will results in a 3-0 victory for us

• Like 3

Just now, Jimmy said:

if it was meant to be a home game why not have an intra squad game, even if only for 45 mins to lets the fans see something and keep the players ticking over

No fans allowed in Belgium :).

Seems like our boys will  indeed play an intra squad game

9 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

No fans allowed in Belgium :).

Seems like our boys will  indeed play an intra squad game

ah hadn't realised that, may as well do a short intra squad game get some minutes into legs after the break

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...at this moment the Belgian F.A. have set a precedent and has made their lives a lot easier!!!

This will now force teams to fulfill fixtures.

Games can still be postponed, but for that to happen a team must have at least 7 or 8 first team players who have tested positive for COVID.

In my opinion, Mechelen tried to postpone this game because they missed some important players due to injury, suspension and the Afica Cup.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Games can still be postponed, but for that to happen a team must have at least 7 or 8 first team players who have tested positive for COVID.

In my opinion, Mechelen tried to postpone this game because they missed some important players due to injury, suspension and the Afica Cup.

...is there now an option to play, once the request has been turned down!!!

Seemingly with nothing to lose would it help to blood some fringe players.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...is there now an option to play, once the request has been turned down!!!

Seemingly with nothing to lose would it help to blood some fringe players.

If the request is turned down you have to play, simple as that.

Mechelen forfeited the game, so I doubt this game can still be played on a later date. We "won" 3-0.

To be fair, Mechelen could've still put a decent team on the pitch today. It would've been difficult for them to win the game, but I think you should at least put up a fight and give some chances to the fringe players and some youngsters...

3 hours ago, Bonanza said:

2 hours ago, Bonanza said:

How refreshing to hear. Our slapdash league could learn a thing of two from the Belgians 

• Like 1

If I was one of the 3 other teams on 23 points I’d be furious they didn’t even make an effort to field a team.. if Leuven escape relegation by less than 3 points I wonder if  mechelen could face a league challenge from the team that goes down?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MPH said:

If I was one of the 3 other teams on 23 points I’d be furious they didn’t even make an effort to field a team.. if Leuven escape relegation by less than 3 points I wonder if  mechelen could face a league challenge from the team that goes down?

...OHL not going down and surely any challenge would have to be made right now!!!

Any retrospective challenge would be portrayed as sour grapes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...OHL not going down and surely any challenge would have to be made right now!!!

Any retrospective challenge would be portrayed as sour grapes. 

i see what your saying but it would  be hard to prove  now how important that decision could be come the end of the season..

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MPH said:

And here is the main reason why our league are happy to postpone games. So much riding on the season being as fair as possible in the eyes of the 20 teams.

Too much to LOS£

• Like 1