Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2021/22

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Good win that, and now up to 8th!

How does this league work again? Is 8th actually good for anything or make a difference when it breaks into the the next phase?

5-8 qualify for a European playoff thing, not sure how it works though.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. why does it take so long for Belgian officials to come up the the VAR decision!!!

You could tell on first view he was onside, I am not sure what they  are looking for or just trying to justify their roles.

They are totally killing the game.

They're required to check, and when there's an upper body part further up than the foot of the player, they have to draw a 3D line, which often takes time. It was the same in our game against Standard, where it took seven minutes to rule out a goal this way.

• Like 1

..hope this helps!!!

Play-offs I (also known as the title playoffs or Champions' play-offs) are contested by the top-four clubs in the regular season, with each club playing each other twice. Play-offs II (also known as the Europa League playoff or Europe play-offs) are contested by teams ranked 5 to 8 in the regular season,

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

They're required to check, and when there's an upper body part further up than the foot of the player, they have to draw a 3D line, which often takes time. It was the same in our game against Standard, where it took seven minutes to rule out a goal this way.

...I  have seen it happen countless times watching OHL, but there is nowhere near that time span in the Premier League!!!

Surely you would believe they use the same facility to do the same job.

From first look it was clear he was onside. His arm being ahead of him would surely not have required a check, as you cannot score with your arm.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  have seen it happen countless times watching OHL, but there is nowhere near that time span in the Premier League!!!

Surely you would believe they use the same facility to do the same job.

From first look it was clear he was onside. His arm being ahead of him would surely not have required a check, as you cannot score with your arm.

They were probably looking at the shoulder, which requires the 3D line. It's idiotic, I know. 

• Like 1

Very proud of the team today. Patris and Ouedraogo did a decent/good job replacing Chakla and Özkacar. Patris was less secure on the ball though, but let's call it growing pains and a job well done overall. I found Malinov disappointing today. Besides all the whining I really didn't see much of him. I still don't know why Brys keeps on replacing Keita with Malinov... is it an attitude problem? But I think most supporters feel that Keita is the better player of the two. No one knows what Brys is thinking most of the times anyway... the 11 on the pitch were exhausted once again by the last quarter of the game, but he refuses to use subs before the 90th minute for some reason.

Teams are allowed to use 5 subs per game if I'm not mistaken, we use two max three of them at most.

Anyway, we merited our win once again based on determination and I'm happy to see Kaba scoring game after game (I'm a true believer of providing him floating crosses from the flanks, since he's got a good heading ability, so Casper understood exactly what I wanted to see ;) )

Besides the annoying theater (maybe it's a cultural thing?) whenever he gets tackled, even Tamari is growing in his position.

Maertens and Mercier were top notch! Schrijvers is becoming more and more a natural central midfielder (he used to play as a striker and AM).

Dewaest is our rock in the defence, and I really hope we get to buy him.

Cercle made it too easy for us to go on the counter by pressing so high, it leaves gaps for us which we know how to take use of.

I have a feeling we can beat STVV and Anderlecht as well in the next few weeks after our recent 9/9 results.

COYW!

Edited by Phugalu
  • Like 4

Results and standings after week 27

RFC Seraing 0-1 Antwerp
KAS Eupen 0-1 KAA Gent
OH Leuven 3-2 Cercle Brugge
KV Mechelen 3-0 KV Oostende
Zulte Waregem 1-2 Anderlecht
KRC Genk 2-0 Standard
Union 0-1 STVV
Club Brugge 2-0 Charleroi
Beerschot 2-1 KV Kortrijk

P     TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   Union  60 27 19 5 3 59 22 37
2   Antwerp  53 27 16 6 5 47 28 19
3   Club Brugge  51 27 14 4 9 49 32 17
4   Anderlecht  48 27 13 5 9 58 32 26
5   KAA Gent  43 27 12 8 7 39 27 12
6   Charleroi  43 27 12 8 7 42 35 7
7   KV Mechelen  42 25 13 9 3 45 41 4
8   KRC Genk  38 26 11 10 5 50 38 12
9   OH Leuven  36 26 9 8 9 39 42 -3
10   Cercle Brugge  35 27 10 12 5 38 34 4
11   STVV  34 27 10 13 4 30 37 -7
12   KV Kortrijk  34 27 8 9 10 32 34 -2
13   Standard  29 26 7 11 8 29 42 -13
14   KV Oostende  28 27 8 15 4 27 52 -25
15   KAS Eupen  27 27 7 14 6 32 46 -14
16   Zulte Waregem  26 27 6 13 8 37 56 -19
17 RFC Seraing  23 27 7 18 2 26 53 -27
18 Beerschot  16 26 4 18 4 27 55 -28

Fixtures for week 28

Friday February 18th

KAA Gent - RFC Seraing

Saturday February 19th

Cercle Brugge - Beerschot
KV Kortrijk - Zulte Waregem
KV Oostende - Standard
Charleroi - Union

Sunday February 20th

Antwerp - KV Mechelen
KAS Eupen - Club Brugge
Anderlecht - KRC Genk
STVV - OH Leuven
  • Like 2

....Union are a well organised team, they defend for their lives, sitting with a back five and virtually a low block!!!

They break well and they are great on the ball. Another big thing is they are so cynical and ultra professional. the only way to beat them is to move the ball quicker and cut down on the passes to get you up the pitch, they get back into shape too quick and slow the game down expertly.

Full Time 0-3 to Union.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

Same sh*t, different day... another goal against from corner... every single time we get goals against the same way. Do we even train on defending corners? Patris really started off bad this game. I don't really get why he got picked up again for this match. Wrong passes and giving away corners.

Results and standings after week 28

KAA Gent PP RFC Seraing
Cercle Brugge 2-0 Beerschot
KV Kortrijk 5-0 Zulte Waregem
KV Oostende 1-0 Standard
Charleroi 0-3 Union
Antwerp 1-2 KV Mechelen
KAS Eupen 1-3 Club Brugge
Anderlecht 2-0 KRC Genk
STVV 2-0 OH Leuven

P     TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   Union  63 28 20 5 3 62 22 40
2   Club Brugge  54 28 15 4 9 52 33 19
3   Antwerp  53 28 16 7 5 48 30 18
4   Anderlecht  51 28 14 5 9 60 32 28
5   KV Mechelen  45 27 14 10 3 48 46 2
6   KAA Gent  43 27 12 8 7 39 27 12
7   Charleroi  43 28 12 9 7 42 38 4
8   KRC Genk  41 28 12 11 5 54 41 13
9   Cercle Brugge  38 28 11 12 5 40 34 6
10   STVV  37 28 11 13 4 32 37 -5
11   KV Kortrijk  37 28 9 9 10 37 34 3
12   OH Leuven  36 27 9 9 9 39 44 -5
13   KV Oostende  31 28 9 15 4 28 52 -24
14   Standard  29 27 7 12 8 29 43 -14
15   KAS Eupen  27 28 7 15 6 33 49 -16
16   Zulte Waregem  26 28 6 14 8 37 61 -24
17 RFC Seraing  23 27 7 18 2 26 53 -27
18 Beerschot  16 27 4 19 4 27 57 -30

Fixtures for week 29

Friday February 25th

Beerschot - Charleroi

Saturday February 26th

Union - KAS Eupen
KV Mechelen - Cercle Brugge
KV Oostende - STVV
OH Leuven - Anderlecht

Sunday February 27th

Club Brugge - Antwerp
KRC Genk - KV Kortrijk
Standard - KAA Gent
Zulte Waregem - RFC Seraing

15 hours ago, Bonanza said:

2-0 loss after yet another off day...

You really can't pick a winner before yours go out and play can you?

Is OHL's record v the top half clubs much different from those in the bottom half?

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

Is OHL's record v the top half clubs much different from those in the bottom half?

We tend to play better against the big clubs for sure.

I don't know if what I'm saying makes sense, but I'll give it a go:

As long as our opponent plays "football" we'll do fine. The games against the "smaller" clubs are often decided by mentality and fighting spirit rather than footballing ability. In those games we tend to fall short. Just look at our results against the 4 teams at the bottom:

1-4 loss at home against Eupen (15th)

1-1 draw at home and 1-1 draw away against Zulte Waregem (16th)

1-3 loss at home against RFC Seraing (17th)

0-0 draw at home and 3-1 loss away against Beerschot (18th)

We're currently sitting in 12th position with only 5 points (and a game against KV Mechelen in hand) behind 8th place and a spot in the Europe Play-offs. Just imagine where we would be if we did better against the smaller teams...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bonanza said:

As long as our opponent plays "football" we'll do fine. The games against the "smaller" clubs are often decided by mentality and fighting spirit rather than footballing ability. In those games we tend to fall short. Just look at our results against the 4 teams at the bottom:

We're currently sitting in 12th position with only 5 points (and a game against KV Mechelen in hand) behind 8th place and a spot in the Europe Play-offs. Just imagine where we would be if we did better against the smaller teams...

Totally agree with Bonanza here. But it's also a tactical matter if you ask me. We just get more space against bigger teams because they choose for the attack and than our tactic works just fine since we are good in using that space for counterattacks. The moment we come against teams that are struggling for points and play a defensive/park the bus tactic we have no clue what to do with the ball or how to find space for counter attacks. We keep on trying to play with balls through the middle as well, no matter how many times it fails during a match. Play Kaba to his strengths and give him crosses from the flanks, but that won't happens since both our wingers play against their foot and cut inside almost all the time. I thought we brought in an Iranian data analyst last summer... What's he doing? Cleaning the showers after training?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Bonanza said:

Our clubs have so many similarities lol 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Phugalu said:

Totally agree with Bonanza here. But it's also a tactical matter if you ask me. We just get more space against bigger teams because they choose for the attack and than our tactic works just fine since we are good in using that space for counterattacks. The moment we come against teams that are struggling for points and play a defensive/park the bus tactic we have no clue what to do with the ball or how to find space for counter attacks. We keep on trying to play with balls through the middle as well, no matter how many times it fails during a match. Play Kaba to his strengths and give him crosses from the flanks, but that won't happens since both our wingers play against their foot and cut inside almost all the time. I thought we brought in an Iranian data analyst last summer... What's he doing? Cleaning the showers after training?

Most mid-table teams have this problems they don't have the skill levels in their team. Even Man City fail now and again and they're full of billionaires.