Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2021/22

2 hours ago, Bonanza said:

5-0 loss at Gent to end the season...

A lot needs to change if we want to avoid a relegation battle next year!

first season up and finished 11th so you have to be happy with that though don’t  you?

sounds like the lads were already on holiday - objectives already achieved!

Edited by MPH

7 hours ago, MPH said:

first season up and finished 11th so you have to be happy with that though don’t  you?

sounds like the lads were already on holiday - objectives already achieved!

Second season up ;).

Our board clearly stated in the summer that we had to do better than last season. We simply didn't do better:

Last year we finished in 11th place, just like this year. We had less points (41) than last season (45), won less games (10 compared to 12) and lost the same amount of games (13). We scored less goals (47 compared to 54) and barely conceded less goals (58 compared to 59). We finished with a goal difference of -11 which is way worse than last season (-5).

We need to hold our board accountable for the fact that this season didn't go as planned and it all starts with our transfer policy! Most of our newcomers didn't proof to be a succes and since most of them were here on loan they will most likely be sent back. This means we have to replace them, so we're looking at about 10 new players again!

A lot has to change at OHL if we want to live up to the King Power standard!

• Like 4

Like I said before, we have a lot of work on our plate this summer to build a decent squad for next season.

Quick squad update:

Contract until 30 June 2022

Alex Runarsson (27, GK) (on loan with option-to-buy)
Rafael Romo (32, GK)
Cenk Ozkacar (21, CB) (on loan)
Sebastien Dewaest (30, CB) (on loan)
Dylan Ouedraogo (23, CB)
Toon Raemaekers (21, CB) already signed for KV Mechelen
Thibault Vlietinck (24, RB) (on loan)
Cedrik Gbo (19, CDM) (on loan with option-to-buy)
Alexis De Sart (25,CM) (on loan with option-to-buy)
Isaac Asante (19, CM)
Yanick Aguemon (30, LW)
Sory Kaba (26,ST) (on loan with option-to-buy)
Kaveh Rezaei (30, ST)
Mykola Kuharevych (20, ST)
Arthur Allemeersch (20, ST)
Daan Vekemans (22, ST)

Contract until 30 June 2023

Oregan Ravet (20, GK)
Kawin Thamsatchanan (32, GK)
Pierre-Yves Ngawa (30,CB)
Kristiyan Malinov (28, CDM)
Xavier Mercier (32, CAM)
Mousa Al-Tamari (24, RW)
Levan Shengelia (26, RW)

Contract until 30 June 2024

Soufiane Chakla (28, CB)
Louis Patris (20, CB)
Casper De Norre (25, LB)
Siebe Schrijvers (25, CM)
Mandela Keita (19, CDM)
Scotty Sadzoute (23, LB) (send out on loan to Nîmes until June 2023, with option-to-buy))

Contract until 30 June 2025

Mathieu Maertens (27, CM)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Sorry Kaba, just not fitting how you play at the moment!!!

Need a player you can play through on the ground. Balls in the box with only him in the middle is very hit and miss. Buy Runarsson, good keeper, try to pick up Dewaest and let us have Mandela Keita.

I agree about Kaba. I think he's a good player, but he doesn't fit the system so if Brys stays on as manager I would let Kaba go.

Runarsson isn't that good to be honest. He started of quite good, but his performances dropped significally. His option-to-buy is about 1 million Euros, which is way to much for a goalkeeper of his level. Romo is leaving as well, so we're looking for 2 goalkeepers this summer.

I do hope we can keep Dewaest. He's not the most talented player, but he's a true leader.

Keita had a great season and I'm looking forward to see what he can do next year. If he continues to develop like this, he'll come to Leicester in the near future.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Khanya Leshabela is currently training with our squad as a tester.

He was on loan at Shrewsbury this season, but didn't play much. Doesn't really seem like someone who can make an impact in the Belgian 1st divison to me...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/khanya-leshabela/profil/spieler/461882

Hes a decent player what you reckon @Ric Flair

1 hour ago, Bonanza said:

Khanya Leshabela is currently training with our squad as a tester.

He was on loan at Shrewsbury this season, but didn't play much. Doesn't really seem like someone who can make an impact in the Belgian 1st divison to me...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/khanya-leshabela/profil/spieler/461882

...that is a move right out of left field, I did not see that coming!!!

Before he went out o  loan, he looked one of the most likely (for me) player to be considered for first team football. 

He was (for the U23s)very good on the ball and had a central position where he directed our play. His loan move has totally wrecked him!! Since he has come back  he looks out of place, behind the pace and generally out of sorts. The change in the U23s has seen the club introduce very talented players, who are much younger than the group he played with, and the positions Leshabella has been asked to play are not where he should be, but filling out the numbers.

I have no idea what you are going to get, as him in his present state is not going to aid your club, in anyway. The player before his loan, will be competitive, played in Central Midfield he can transition the ball, has awareness, and physically up to the demands of what is required in your league.

He only has to look back at where he was, and decide how he wishes to play, because if he just says yes to every thing, he may just have the same experience that he had on loan.

Time for him to step up and decide what he wants to achieve. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Rafael Romo will not sign a new deal with OHL. He just signed a contract with DC United.

Are you expected to sign Runarsson?

Otherwise going to need 2 new keepers as I can’t imagine Ravet is going be trusted to be anymore than 3rd choice?

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Are you expected to sign Runarsson?

Otherwise going to need 2 new keepers as I can’t imagine Ravet is going be trusted to be anymore than 3rd choice?

Rumour has it our club won't sign Runarsson, so we'll be needing 2 new goalkeepers for next season. Ravet is simply not good enough to be a 2nd choice goalkeeper, let alone 1st choice

I would love to have Daniel Iverson back to be honest, but I don't think he'll be interested

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bonanza said:

Rumour has it our club won't sign Runarsson, so we'll be needing 2 new goalkeepers for next season. Ravet is simply not good enough to be a 2nd choice goalkeeper, let alone 1st choice

I would love to have Daniel Iverson back to be honest, but I don't think he'll be interested

I wonder if we might offer you Stolarczyk or Young on loan to compete with whoever else you sign for 1st choice

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Permafrost said:

Is this a definite?

I'll book up now if so, while there are cheap tickets on Eurostar.

no guarantees to it being our first team squad though , I’d imagine…

Edited by MPH