Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2021/22

New signing:

Nordin Jackers is a 24-year-old goalkeeper from Belgium. He signed a 3-year deal with our club.

Jackers started his career at KRC Genk where he made his debut at the age of 19 against Sassualo in the Europa League. During the 2019-2020 season he was send on loan to Waasland-Beveren where he became the starting goalkeeper. At the end of that season Jackers signed a permanent deal with Waasland-Beveren.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nordin-jackers/leistungsdaten/spieler/250543/plus/0?saison=2020

• Like 4

....just seen the video of him in 2016!!!

At the time he was keen to start attacks immediately by rolling the ball out to his teams who are looking to break on the opposition as soon as he gets the ball into his hands. Not sure if that is something that he still does but I like to see this as a way to hit teams on the break and it is not used enough nowadays.

Can't  seem to find too much of him in action, but hope he comes good next season.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

Any other rumours other than Holzhauser? Who I don’t think your fans are that keen on?! @Bonanza

No other rumours at the moment.

According to some media Holzhauser will sign a contract with Leuven this week 

Not very keen on that indeed...

22 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

No other rumours at the moment.

According to some media Holzhauser will sign a contract with Leuven this week 

Not very keen on that indeed...

How come? Bad attitude? 

19 hours ago, Nannypig7 said:

How come? Bad attitude? 

He was an absolute disaster this season for Beerschot. Furthermore, I doubt he'll fit our system.

He's actually quite lazy, doesn't defend or really run. On the plus side, his passing ability is good and so are his free kicks and corner kicks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..he looks ok to me!!!

He had an amazing run of form from August 2020 to December 2020 (these highlight are all from that period). After that, his level of play dropped significantly. This season, his performance was absolutely dreadful.

Hasn't been posted here yet, but Siebe Schrijvers has ruptured his Achilles tendon during one of the last training sessions of the season. He'll be out for quite some time. He was one of our key players this season, so we'll need a replacement

• Sad 3

Some rumours about Mandela Keita:

Club Brugge, Anderlecht and Genk have shown interest, but Mandela has stated he only wants to leave OHL for a foreign club.

Genoa (just relegated from the Serie A) has shown interest.

It looks like Vincent Kompany, who left Anderlecht 3 days ago, will be the next manager of Burnley.  Apparently he's interested in signing Mandela as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bonanza said:

Some rumours about Mandela Keita:

Club Brugge, Anderlecht and Genk have shown interest, but Mandela has stated he only wants to leave OHL for a foreign club.

Genoa (just relegated from the Serie A) has shown interest.

It looks like Vincent Kompany, who left Anderlecht 3 days ago, will be the next manager of Burnley.  Apparently he's interested in signing Mandela as well.

....will be interesting to see how Mandela copes in the Championship, it will probably make it easier for us to pick him up down the line!!!

Anderlecht with Kompany in charge always struck me as a team without an identity. I feel he will struggle in the position, he reminds me of Chris Hughton, a nice guy who did ok in a few managerial roles, but it was never clear what the purpose of his team was.

How much do you think he will be sold for?

Edited by sacreblueits442

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....will be interesting to see how Mandela copes in the Championship, it will probably make it easier for us to pick him up down the line!!!

Anderlecht with Kompany in charge always struck me as a team without an identity. I feel he will struggle in the position, he reminds me of Chris Hughton, a nice guy who did ok in a few managerial roles, but it was never clear what the purpose of his team was.

How much do you think he will be sold for?

OHL wants at least €5.000.000 for Mandela.

I really think Leicester should buy him for €4.000.000 now, but send him out on loan to us for next season. I'm pretty sure Mandela will be ready to play regular minutes in the EPL in 1 or 2 years time. It would be a real shame if he would go to another club. Let's keep him in the King Power family!

• Like 2

We didn't sign any of our loans, but that doesn't mean they won't get a transfer. OHL just didn't want to pay the agreed optional price for any of them.

From all the loans without an option to buy I personally hope we can keep Dewaest, and somehow Ozkacar, Maybe Runarsson as well, but I have no clue how good our new keeper is. If he comes from the RC Genk youth academy it could be promising (References are Courtois, Casteels, ...)

All the other loans like e.g. Kaba, De Sart, Vlietinck didn't bring anything extra if you ask me.

Transfer rumour: Al-Tamari is a transfer target for PAOK (Greece). Not sure what they see in him though, he didn't develop at all in those two seasons at OHL. All he does is dribbling, while being extremely left footed as well, until he loses the ball to the opponent or he crosses the backline.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

We didn't sign any of our loans, but that doesn't mean they won't get a transfer. OHL just didn't want to pay the agreed optional price for any of them.

From all the loans without an option to buy I personally hope we can keep Dewaest, and somehow Ozkacar, Maybe Runarsson as well, but I have no clue how good our new keeper is. If he comes from the RC Genk youth academy it could be promising (References are Courtois, Casteels, ...)

All the other loans like e.g. Kaba, De Sart, Vlietinck didn't bring anything extra if you ask me.

Transfer rumour: Al-Tamari is a transfer target for PAOK (Greece). Not sure what they see in him though, he didn't develop at all in those two seasons at OHL. All he does is dribbling, while being extremely left footed as well, until he loses the ball to the opponent or he crosses the backline.

Wasn’t Kaba your top scorer? And you don’t really have a striker at all now 🤷🏼

51 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

Wasn’t Kaba your top scorer? And you don’t really have a striker at all now 🤷🏼

Strangely yes. By the end of the season he became more of a target striker, and started playing with his back towards the goal holding off a defender, but that's pretty much the only improvement I saw over the season. At the start of the season until over halfway the season he ran like a newborn giraffe. I don't know how or why, but motorically he is underdeveloped. I personally don't see him becoming better at his age. I'm a PE teacher by the way so I know what I'm talking about :) .He was good at scoring goals with his head though, but sadly those crosses never came. In short he is not playing at the level needed to bring our team to a higher level.

Apparently Brys will go for a new tactic next season, so I'm curious to see what kind of striker role will be needed to fill that spot.

Edited by Phugalu
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

Strangely yes. By the end of the season he became more of a target striker, and started playing with his back towards the goal holding off a defender, but that's pretty much the only improvement I saw over the season. At the start of the season until over halfway the season he ran like a newborn giraffe. I don't know how or why, but motorically he is underdeveloped. I personally don't see him becoming better at his age. I'm a PE teacher so I know what I'm talking about :) .He was good at scoring goals with his head though, but sadly those crosses never came. In short he is not playing at the level needed to bring our team to a higher level.

Apparently Brys will go for a new tactic next season, so I'm curious to see what kind of striker role will be needed to fill that spot.

I watched him a few years ago when he was at Elche in Spain and one of the things I said when he was first linked to Leuven and when he first joined is that if you put the crosses in he will score you goals

Just a shame it sounds like he never really got given that service enough

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he looks a good pick up, pity Kabba is going, because he could have benefitted from someone with the ability to put in such good balls into the box, or balls he could have ran on to!!!

Some of the players that were on loan could still be bought by OHL. OHL just didn't want to pay the agreed optional fee that was agreed in the loan contracts (and rightly so). So Kaba, among others, could still get himself a permanent transfer to our club. 

I really hope Mercier will stay, and if he does I'm curious to see how Brys will fit both Holzhauser and Mercier into one team. Maybe Holzhauser can play in an enganche role (he's not the fastest, but has good feet and vision), and Mercier as a winger/inside forward?

Edited by Phugalu
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

Some of the players that were on loan could still be bought by OHL. OHL just didn't want to pay the agreed optional fee that was agreed in the loan contracts (and rightly so)

.....why is there a problem with the originally agreed fees!!!

If you signed the loan agreement with agreed optional fees, I cannot understand why you should be bemoaning paying the fees that you have previously agreed.

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....why is there a problem with the originally agreed fees!!!

If you signed the loan agreement with agreed optional fees, I cannot understand why you should be bemoaning paying the fees that you have previously agreed.

I mean it is pretty common

Look what Torino are trying to do with Praet, we will probably try to do the same with Lookman

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I mean it is pretty common

Look what Torino are trying to do with Praet, we will probably try to do the same with Lookman

...to be honest, I  would rather we didn't!!!

The player is either good enough or not, if it is an obligation to buy then pay up, if there is an option to buy with no initial price set then discuss an amicable price.

Reneging on agreements leaves a bad taste in the mouth, I think we are better than that.

• Like 1