Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2021/22

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Any rumours about who they are? Or are the club pretty good at keeping things quiet?

Cenk Ozkacar (TUR, 22, CB) will come in on loan from Lyon:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cenk-ozkacar/profil/spieler/615350

Scotty Sadzoute (FRA, 23, LB) will sign a 3-year deal with our club

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scotty-sadzoute/profil/spieler/531338

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Cenk Ozkacar (TUR, 22, CB) will come in on loan from Lyon:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cenk-ozkacar/profil/spieler/615350

Scotty Sadzoute (FRA, 23, LB) will sign a 3-year deal with our club

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scotty-sadzoute/profil/spieler/531338

I imagine Sadzoute will come in as back up to De Norre? (Strangely transfermarkt has him as being back at Genk)

Can't see that Ozkacar being a 1st choice player either, didn't play any football last season

....still not convinced about Tavares, but could him going on loan to OHL be a good move for both clubs!!!

Watched OHL last season and I felt they threw points away by not being able to control the midfield and there were numerous times just taking the pace out of the game would have served them well. If Tavares has to shine it would be initially in a continental club as his playing style appears to be suited to a more technical game and as someone who can get on the ball and is continuously looking for it, he can influence the game by slowing the pace and taking the heat out of the game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I imagine Sadzoute will come in as back up to De Norre? (Strangely transfermarkt has him as being back at Genk)

Can't see that Ozkacar being a 1st choice player either, didn't play any football last season

Could also be that they'll play Sadzoute on the left in a three man defense. Either way, he's played pretty much everything with Pau in the Ligue 2 last season so that's a good sign. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, moore_94 said:

i also think Sadzoute will come in as back up to De Norre.

I don't like the loan deal for the Turkish lad. He played some games in the Turkish 2nd division before going to Lyon. At Lyon he only played 10 minutes in a Cup game.  Like you said, I can't see him being a 1st choice player and at the end of the season he'll return to France. If you can't get an option-to-buy don't loan a player like that. Give some opportunities to youth prospects like Toon Raemaekers and Louis Patris and try to sign a 1st choice defender!

1 hour ago, Bonanza said:

i also think Sadzoute will come in as back up to De Norre.

I don't like the loan deal for the Turkish lad. He played some games in the Turkish 2nd division before going to Lyon. At Lyon he only played 10 minutes in a Cup game.  Like you said, I can't see him being a 1st choice player and at the end of the season he'll return to France. If you can't get an option-to-buy don't loan a player like that. Give some opportunities to youth prospects like Toon Raemaekers and Louis Patris and try to sign a 1st choice defender!

On the other hand, considering Lyon gave him a 5-year deal, they must have a lot of faith in his potential. 

More rumours floating around now. We're supposedly interested in signing Boban Nikolov, a 26-year old (defensive) midfielder who's contract at Lecce (Serie B) ran out this summer. He's a North Macedonian international and played all three group games at the EC (where they finished last in their group with Netherlands, Ukraine and Austria).

Feels like a decent signing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

The loan deal for Thibaut Vlietinck (Club Brugge) has been extended for an additional year. After that, he's end of contract and we can probably sign him on a free. 

Curious what system you go with next season, played a bit of 3 at the back towards the end of last season didn’t you?

If it is 4 at the back I imagine Vlietinck is cover at Right Back?

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Curious what system you go with next season, played a bit of 3 at the back towards the end of last season didn’t you?

If it is 4 at the back I imagine Vlietinck is cover at Right Back?

Started the season with 3 (or 5, depending on how you look at it) at the back, and played like that for most of the season actually. There have been a few occasions where Brys tried to switch to 4, presumably to play a more dominant possession game. But it hasn't really worked out yet. 

Regarding Vlietinck, he was first choice for a lot of games in the right wing back position, I'm assuming that won't change. :)

• Like 1

We're interested in signing Chris Mueller, an American right winger who plays for Orlando in the States. He also has the attention of Anderlecht and Oostende but apparently, we've already made an official bid and are thought to be in the lead to secure his signature. 

Important note, his contract is up at the end of the year which would mean that if Orlando wants to make any profit, they have to sell now.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/chris-mueller/profil/spieler/562387

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

We're interested in signing Chris Mueller, an American right winger who plays for Orlando in the States. He also has the attention of Anderlecht and Oostende but apparently, we've already made an official bid and are thought to be in the lead to secure his signature. 

Important note, his contract is up at the end of the year which would mean that if Orlando wants to make any profit, they have to sell now.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/chris-mueller/profil/spieler/562387

Interesting to see how much game time Al-Tamari would get if you sign him, he really impressed me at the back of the season, don't think he really plays anywhere else other than right wing does he?

Mueller certainly looks like he could be a quality addition to the side though, can't imagine he would be too expensive with his contract almost up as well

Thought I would have a look to see if I could find anything on Thomas Henry, latest seems to be FC Metz from France are currently interested

Suggested fee of €3.5M seems low to me though, thought you would be able to get €5m+ for him

https://letsgometz.com/thomas-henry-en-approche-au-fc-metz/

Looking for a striker, FC Metz have reportedly set their sights on Thomas Henry, second top scorer in Jupiler Pro League last season. The club at the Cross of Lorraine could spend € 3.5 million for the center-forward of OH Louvain.

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Thought I would have a look to see if I could find anything on Thomas Henry, latest seems to be FC Metz from France are currently interested

Suggested fee of €3.5M seems low to me though, thought you would be able to get €5m+ for him

https://letsgometz.com/thomas-henry-en-approche-au-fc-metz/

Looking for a striker, FC Metz have reportedly set their sights on Thomas Henry, second top scorer in Jupiler Pro League last season. The club at the Cross of Lorraine could spend € 3.5 million for the center-forward of OH Louvain.

The Metz story looks unlikely. Main interest so far came from Swansea but it's rumoured that Henry is looking for a bigger move than that. So I don't see him going to play for a minor team in France. 

• Like 1