Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2021/22

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...to be honest, I  would rather we didn't!!!

The player is either good enough or not, if it is an obligation to buy then pay up, if there is an option to buy with no initial price set then discuss an amicable price.

Reneging on agreements leaves a bad taste in the mouth, I think we are better than that.

If it is an obligation to buy then there is no choice.

But an option to buy will always have a set price that doesn't have to be met if the club can come to another agreement, like what is happening with Praet and Torino, they feel due to his injury issues this season that he is not quite worth the price that was initially set.

Valuations of a player can wildly change in the space of a year.

• Like 1

New signing:

As expected, Raphael Holzhauser has joined our club. He signed a 2-year deal. He comes in on a free transfer as he had a clause in his contract that allowed him to leave Beerschot if they got relegated.

Holzhauser is a 29-year-old CAM from Austria. He came through the youth ranks of Rapid Wien and signed a 3-year deal with VFB Stuttgart at the age of 16 where he played for their development team in the German 3th division. He played 32 games for Stuttgart’s 1st team during the 2012-13 season, including 7 games in the Europa League. During the 2013-2014 season he was send on loan to Augsburg where he played 13 games in the Bundesliga. In January of 2015 he signed for Austria Wien where he played 114 games. In June of 2018 he joined Grasshoppers Zurich in Switzerland. He left the club after only 1 season.

Holzhauser signed a 2-year deal with Beerschot in June of 2019. In his first season he won the Belgian 2nd division and got promoted, alongside OHL. Holzhauser had an amazing run of form during his 1st season in the Belgian 1st division with 16 goals and 16 assists in 34 games. Last season was a disaster for both Beerschot and Holzhauser as they finished last and got relegated.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/raphael-holzhauser/profil/spieler/104414

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

New signing:

As expected, Raphael Holzhauser has joined our club. He signed a 2-year deal. He comes in on a free transfer as he had a clause in his contract that allowed him to leave Beerschot if they got relegated.

Holzhauser is a 29-year-old CAM from Austria. He came through the youth ranks of Rapid Wien and signed a 3-year deal with VFB Stuttgart at the age of 16 where he played for their development team in the German 3th division. He played 32 games for Stuttgart’s 1st team during the 2012-13 season, including 7 games in the Europa League. During the 2013-2014 season he was send on loan to Augsburg where he played 13 games in the Bundesliga. In January of 2015 he signed for Austria Wien where he played 114 games. In June of 2018 he joined Grasshoppers Zurich in Switzerland. He left the club after only 1 season.

Holzhauser signed a 2-year deal with Beerschot in June of 2019. In his first season he won the Belgian 2nd division and got promoted, alongside OHL. Holzhauser had an amazing run of form during his 1st season in the Belgian 1st division with 16 goals and 16 assists in 34 games. Last season was a disaster for both Beerschot and Holzhauser as they finished last and got relegated.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/raphael-holzhauser/profil/spieler/104414

Mercier replacement? Heard he’s off to Ferencvaros 

29 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

Mercier replacement? Heard he’s off to Ferencvaros 

...pity, I  wonder if it would be possible for Mercier to play a more deeper role and control the play!!!

We do need the experience in the team and it seems he was the one player, holding it all together!

2 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

They usually have Europe wether that’s Champions League or Europa League and at 33 maybe sees it as a good opportunity 

19 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

They usually have Europe wether that’s Champions League or Europa League and at 33 maybe sees it as a good opportunity 

Yeah I can understand that, but I don't think Ferencvaros will get very far. They drop into the Conference League after that, so maybe that's why he'd give it a try. They're all still rumours though, let's wait and see. I still hope he'll stay and become a local legend ;) 

10 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

Yeah I can understand that, but I don't think Ferencvaros will get very far. They drop into the Conference League after that, so maybe that's why he'd give it a try. They're all still rumours though, let's wait and see. I still hope he'll stay and become a local legend ;) 

He put it on his Facebook 

Apparently Mercier doesn't want to leave, but he's putting pressure on the board to be able to stay while they want to cash in on him. That's why he's posting those messages on his FB account. Let's hope the board are wise enough to keep one of our consistent key players and captain at the club.

Edited by Phugalu
  • Like 4