Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2021/22

On 16/07/2021 at 21:15, KlaaZ said:

Feels like just lashing out afterwards though. 

And Brys fits in just fine, judging by the overachievement last season. ;)

Don't think he's lashing out, but no doubt both he and Benkovic were told to expect more playing time than they got. Whether this is KP, the agents or the management staff at OHL is beside the point, but it's clear something went wrong in communication as King certainly wouldn't have gone there just to sit on the bench or in the stands.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shen said:

Don't think he's lashing out, but no doubt both he and Benkovic were told to expect more playing time than they got. Whether this is KP, the agents or the management staff at OHL is beside the point, but it's clear something went wrong in communication as King certainly wouldn't have gone there just to sit on the bench or in the stands.

That's possible, but if they don't prove themselves in training or friendlies... :)

On another note, there's talk of another defender coming in. 30-year old Sebastién Dewaest, currently not futuring for Genk, is on the shortlist. Not the best footballer but a great mentality and used to be one of their key players in the 18-19 season when they won the league. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

That's possible, but if they don't prove themselves in training or friendlies... :)

On another note, there's talk of another defender coming in. 30-year old Sebastién Dewaest, currently not futuring for Genk, is on the shortlist. Not the best footballer but a great mentality and used to be one of their key players in the 18-19 season when they won the league. 

Quite surprised it looks like he was captain and playing most games for them in 19/20 but last season didn't play a single game for them in the first half of the season (wasn't even on the bench) and then went out on loan to Toulouse in January

Did he have some injuries or just completely fall out of favour at Genk?

12 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Quite surprised it looks like he was captain and playing most games for them in 19/20 but last season didn't play a single game for them in the first half of the season (wasn't even on the bench) and then went out on loan to Toulouse in January

Did he have some injuries or just completely fall out of favour at Genk?

Fell out of favor with the new coach that season if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

Mixed feelings about this one...

He's an absolute beast and is known to be a leader (which we really need), but he's also known to be a troublemaker when things aren't to his liking and isn't afraid to fight his own teammates...

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bonanza said:

He's an absolute beast and is known to be a leader (which we really need), but he's also known to be a troublemaker when things aren't to his liking and isn't afraid to fight his own teammates...

...sometimes the fit is greater than the skills being brought to the club!!!

Certainly need a leader, but not to the detriment of the team environment. I would have hoped he would have been vetted prior to bringing him in and the incident in question was just him standing up for himself.

Saw enough of OHL last season, to know they need someone who can pull them in line when things are not going right. Too many points slipped away, because no one could get them to reset themselves instead of constantly trying to match their opponents tempo, which proved a detriment to their League position.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bonanza said:

I’d love for wasilewski to be your next manager.

• Haha 1

1-1 with about 10 minutes to go.

Waregem are down to 10 men (second yellow in the 62nd min).

Not seen the game but looks like Leuven have only had 41% possession.

Henry equalised with a penalty before HT after Jelle Vossen (ex Boro striker I think) opened the scoring.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Should/could've won it, especially after the red. Better chance but failed to convert and missed some good decisionmaking in the final third. Solid debut from Ozkacar, and youngster Keita was very solid as well.

Gotta keep in mind that our homework isn't finished yet either, which showed both in the lineup and the bench today. Two youth players in the starting eleven (Patris and Keita) and five on the bench (out of seven). 

No. Who cares honestly? We're not your B-team where you send players and expect them to play. If they're good enough and prove themselves in training, they will (as with Sowah), if they're not, they won't. It's as simple as that. 

🤨

23 minutes ago, KFS said:

🤨

He isn’t wrong.

Just because we send players to Leuven we shouldn’t expect Brys to use those instead of players he actually wanted. Especially players like Benkovic and King who had barely played any football before joining them and had no chance of being match fit.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

No. Who cares honestly? We're not your B-team where you send players and expect them to play. If they're good enough and prove themselves in training, they will (as with Sowah), if they're not, they won't. It's as simple as that. 

I agree with the sentiment but it sounded from King's comments that it really didn't matter what he or Benkovic did they had no hope of playing

16 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I agree with the sentiment but it sounded from King's comments that it really didn't matter what he or Benkovic did they had no hope of playing

I am going to say the key is "King's comments." The fact is, there were Leicester City loanees that were played at OHL, and two that didn't (I know King wasn't technically a loan, but it sure looked like one.)

Neither King or Benko set the world on fire during previous loan spells, and they might have just not been good enough. Fair enough if King saw an ulterior motive, but he might have just been look at the situation with blinders on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I am going to say the key is "King's comments." The fact is, there were Leicester City loanees that were played at OHL, and two that didn't (I know King wasn't technically a loan, but it sure looked like one.)

Neither King or Benko set the world on fire during previous loan spells, and they might have just not been good enough. Fair enough if King saw an ulterior motive, but he might have just been look at the situation with blinders on.

Was about to say this, the track record of both players on other loans in previous seasons does hint at it being a problem from their side rather than a coach just not wanting them. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I believe there was more going on than just earning a spot. It seems like there was some in house politics happening as well. It is the prerogative of the club to play who they want but it should be based on performance not politics. 

I'm assuming we won't see  too many Leicester to Leuven loans for a while. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I believe there was more going on than just earning a spot. It seems like there was some in house politics happening as well. It is the prerogative of the club to play who they want but it should be based on performance not politics. 

I'm assuming we won't see  too many Leicester to Leuven loans for a while. 

Once again, King wasn't on loan and Benkovic' previous loan spells would show you that there was probably a good reason as to why he didn't play. 

• Like 1