Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2021/22

1 hour ago, Bonanza said:

It's quite simple:

Our Director of Football panicked because he couldn't sign any new players, so he looked at Leicester and King Power for help. They send Benkovic, who didn't get any playing time at Cardiff and King, who didn't have a contract. Needless to say, these weren't the players our manager wanted.

Neither King nor Benkovic were match fit when they arrived so they had to play in the weekly friendlies with the rest of the player that didn't get any playing time with the first team. During those friendlies both players were unable to prove themselves.

King's claim that Brys doesn't like Leicester players is false. Sowah was also a Leicester player and he had more minutes than any other OHL player.

Long story short, Brys doesn't like players being forced upon him, especially when they're not good enough...   

...totally agree with this...but Sowah was there prior to Brys arrival!!!

Results and standings after week 1:

Standard 1-1 KRC Genk
OH Leuven 1-1 Zulte Waregem
KV Kortrijk 2-0 RFC Seraing
KV Oostende 0-3 Charleroi
KV Mechelen 3-2 Antwerp
Club Brugge 2-2 KAS Eupen
Anderlecht 1-3 Union
STVV 2-1 KAA Gent
Beerschot PP Cercle Brugge

P     TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   Charleroi  3 1 1 0 0 3 0 3
2   Union  3 1 1 0 0 3 1 2
3   KV Kortrijk  3 1 1 0 0 2 0 2
4   KV Mechelen  3 1 1 0 0 3 2 1
5   STVV  3 1 1 0 0 2 1 1
6   Club Brugge  1 1 0 0 1 2 2 0
7   KAS Eupen  1 1 0 0 1 2 2 0
8   KRC Genk  1 1 0 0 1 1 1 0
9   OH Leuven  1 1 0 0 1 1 1 0
10   Standard  1 1 0 0 1 1 1 0
11   Zulte Waregem  1 1 0 0 1 1 1 0
12   Beerschot  0 1 0 1 0 0 1 -1
13   Cercle Brugge  0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1
14   Antwerp  0 1 0 1 0 2 3 -1
15   KAA Gent  0 1 0 1 0 1 2 -1
16   Anderlecht  0 1 0 1 0 1 3 -2
17 RFC Seraing  0 1 0 1 0 0 2 -2
18 KV Oostende  0 1 0 1 0 0 3 -3

Fixtures for week 2:

Friday July 30th:

KRC Genk -

KV Oostende

Saturday July 31st:

Charleroi - STVV
RFC Seraing - KV Mechelen
Cercle Brugge - OH Leuven
KAS Eupen - Anderlecht

Sunday August 1st:

Union - Club Brugge
Zulte Waregem - Standard
KAA Gent - Beerschot
Antwerp - KV Kortrijk

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Is it looking likely Henry might stay now?

Could go either way. The club and the player have an agreement where he can leave if every party is satisfied, so I'm assuming they've set a price in that agreement as well. Considering we've already flat out refused 6M from Cardiff for him, it's probably in the region of 8-10M. 

I'm hoping he'll be here for one more season though, he's so very important both in build up play and in goals scored.

2 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

2 points lost, just like last week...

We desperately need some new players if we don't want to be in a relegation battle all season! 

Anymore rumoured to be close? Also anything about Henry leaving?

Just now, moore_94 said:

Anymore rumoured to be close? Also anything about Henry leaving?

Gent just sold Yaremchuk to Benfica and rumour has it they want Henry as his replacement.

I still believe Henry will be sold this summer.

We currently have Ange Mutsinzi, a central defender from Rwanda, on trial and according to Maroccan media we are interested in Montassar Lahtimi, a 20-year-old right winger who currently plays for FUS Rabat

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ange-mutsinzi/profil/spieler/568299

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/montasser-lahtimi/profil/spieler/731876

• Like 1

On 31/07/2021 at 21:08, Bonanza said:

2 points lost, just like last week...

We desperately need some new players if we don't want to be in a relegation battle all season! 

To be fair, we're playing a lot more mature than we did in the first games of the previous season. And we deserved more than two draws. From what I've seen so far, I don't think we'll get in trouble, even with this squad. 

That obviously doesn't mean we don't need any more players (which we do), but there's also no need to panic. 

On 31/07/2021 at 20:20, Bonanza said:

Gent just sold Yaremchuk to Benfica and rumour has it they want Henry as his replacement.

I still believe Henry will be sold this summer.

We currently have Ange Mutsinzi, a central defender from Rwanda, on trial and according to Maroccan media we are interested in Montassar Lahtimi, a 20-year-old right winger who currently plays for FUS Rabat

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ange-mutsinzi/profil/spieler/568299

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/montasser-lahtimi/profil/spieler/731876

Not really the most inspiring players to be signings are they...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KlaaZ said:

To be fair, we're playing a lot more mature than we did in the first games of the previous season. And we deserved more than two draws. From what I've seen so far, I don't think we'll get in trouble, even with this squad. 

That obviously doesn't mean we don't need any more players (which we do), but there's also no need to panic. 

I imagine scoring goals would be an issue if Henry does leave though as he is probably expected to do so? Scored both so far this season and last season only Sowah (8 goals - now gone) and Mercier (10 goals) really contributed to scoring

• Like 1

Surely Leuven should be looking at a club like Salzburg (or even ourselves, to an extent) by signing top young prospects; offering first team football in a decent league and then being able to sell them on, ultimately allowing them to reinvest in the first team.

On the face of it, looks like a disappointing window so far?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I imagine scoring goals would be an issue if Henry does leave though as he is probably expected to do so? Scored both so far this season and last season only Sowah (8 goals - now gone) and Mercier (10 goals) really contributed to scoring

If we lose either Mercier or Henry due to an injury or a transfer we are really screwed. The squad is just to small to last a whole season.

1 hour ago, Frost said:

Surely Leuven should be looking at a club like Salzburg (or even ourselves, to an extent) by signing top young prospects; offering first team football in a decent league and then being able to sell them on, ultimately allowing them to reinvest in the first team.

On the face of it, looks like a disappointing window so far?

A very, very disappointing window indeed!

At the end of last season our club stated that they wanted to build a squad that could finish in the top10 and even compete for the playoffs (top8). They said we needed about 12 to 15 new players after we let about 20 players leave. They even stated that they wanted the majority of the new players to be with the team before they left for trainingcamp in Holland. When the team left for Holland we had 0 new players... So far we have 4 new players, with 3 of them being here on loan. 

We've heard all sorts of excuses so far: The clubs and agents are asking too much money, we're unable to sign players because the EURO's are still going on, we're at a disadvantage because the Belgian league starts to early,... We are getting sick and tired of these excuses!

Most of us, including myself are blaming our Director of Football. The man has been with us for a couple of years and just hasn't been able to sign good players!

• Like 1

Results and standings after week 2:

KRC Genk 3-4 KV Oostende
Charleroi 0-0 STVV
RFC Seraing 1-0 KV Mechelen
Cercle Brugge 1-1 OH Leuven
KAS Eupen 1-1 Anderlecht
Union 0-1 Club Brugge
Zulte Waregem 1-2 Standard
KAA Gent 2-2 Beerschot
Antwerp 0-1 KV Kortrijk

P      TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   KV Kortrijk  6 2 2 0 0 3 0 3
2   Charleroi  4 2 1 0 1 3 0 3
3   Club Brugge  4 2 1 0 1 3 2 1
4   Standard  4 2 1 0 1 3 2 1
5   Cercle Brugge  4 2 1 0 1 2 1 1
6   STVV  4 2 1 0 1 2 1 1
7   Union  3 2 1 1 0 3 2 1
8   KV Mechelen  3 2 1 1 0 3 3 0
9   RFC Seraing  3 2 1 1 0 1 2 -1
10   KV Oostende  3 2 1 1 0 4 6 -2
11   KAS Eupen  2 2 0 0 2 3 3 0
12   OH Leuven  2 2 0 0 2 2 2 0
13   KRC Genk  1 2 0 1 1 4 5 -1
14   KAA Gent  1 2 0 1 1 3 4 -1
15   Beerschot  1 2 0 1 1 2 3 -1
16   Zulte Waregem  1 2 0 1 1 2 3 -1
17 Anderlecht  1 2 0 1 1 2 4 -2
18 Antwerp  0 2 0 2 0 2 4 -2

Fixtures for week 3:

Friday August 6th

Club Brugge - Cercle Brugge

Saturday August 7th

Beerschot - Union
KV Mechelen - KAS Eupen
STVV - Zulte Waregem
KV Kortrijk - KRC Genk

Sunday August 8th:

Standard - Antwerp
OH Leuven - Charleroi
Anderlecht - RFC Seraing
KV Oostende - KAA Gent
Edited by Bonanza

1 hour ago, KlaaZ said:

I admire your patience ;)