Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2021/22

7 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Once again that clown Bese. Bad performance after bad performance but remains in the starting line up, god knows why.

Because we have no other options at RB.

Don't blame the players or the manager for this situation! Blame the guys that are in charge of the transfers!

47 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Because we have no other options at RB.

Don't blame the players or the manager for this situation! Blame the guys that are in charge of the transfers!

Could just as well start with Tamari. 

And I do blame Bese for being shit. :)

30 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

We lack quality, simple as that...

Not only that, there's also the issue of Mercier-Henry, with the former only trying to play in the latter and literally ignoring everyone else, even players in better positions. 

...interesting watching Keita, he seems to be the spare man in the team!!!

He patrols infront of the defence but is tidy on the ball and in a position to transition the play further up the pitch. I noticed he appears to be played around by his team mates and not trusted with the ball and is this down to his lack of experience.

The whole team looked a few yards off the pace and when you take the ball off a Goal Keeper from his blindside, you would expect to score with no one at home. That pretty much summed up the performance tonight, we struggled to do the basics and need a Central Playmaker.

It's going to be a long season. Board has to step up now. They promised to do better than last season and to be competitive at the start of the season. Time to put their money were their mouth is with quality singings. Can't imagine the chairman is happy with this. Players on the bench were all youth players except for Tamari and Ouedrago. Bese is not even good for second division, still wondering how he ended up in Leuven last year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leuven Fan said:

It's going to be a long season. Board has to step up now. They promised to do better than last season and to be competitive at the start of the season. Time to put their money were their mouth is with quality singings. Can't imagine the chairman is happy with this. Players on the bench were all youth players except for Tamari and Ouedrago. Bese is not even good for second division, still wondering how he ended up in Leuven last year. 

I'm wondering what TOP is thinking about all of this...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

I'm wondering what TOP is thinking about all of this...

My concerns at the beginning of July are now already becoming a reality.. If we lose next week it's already crisis. Let's hope that TOP is ready to invest in the squad. He seems to be spending for Leicester so far. 

3 minutes ago, Leuven Fan said:

My concerns at the beginning of July are now already becoming a reality.. If we lose next week it's already crisis. Let's hope that TOP is ready to invest in the squad. He seems to be spending for Leicester so far. 

I've heard that there are some troubles between King Power and our board...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bonanza said:

I've heard that there are some troubles between King Power and our board...

....that only suggests that they are not all on the same page!!!

Could this be a positive, in as much as the club needs one voice and one vision and it seems that, that is clearly not happening. 

Our owners relied on Rudkin when they first came and need to have a person on the staff, who can offer the knowledge about the Belgian League as quick as possible.  We seem to be picking players up from all over the place and it does not come across as a strategic plan.

I hope it all comes to a head as I think it needs to, in order to properly move forward. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

It was a sad performance overall today.

We need a better wing back, because Barnabas ain't playing at the level he should be playing at. Is Vlietinck injured by the way? And where is that new guy Sadzoute?

Our central defenders are decent at most. That Dewaest is gonna cost us points because of his attitude, I'm sure of it.

So many bad passes from the entire team... The best player on the pitch was again Keita for me. Strong on the ball, good timing in the tackles, and decent passing.

I don't know why we don't play Maertens on the winger, I feel he is a much better player there than as a CM.

Schrijvers can stay on the bench for all I care. He hasn't shown once why he would be worth 2 million euros. 

Tamari does not add anything to our team either except for his speed. If football was a game of extremely left footed players... he'd be the best. No wonder he always gets stuck after dribbling half a field.

So I do hope that Top has an issue with our board, cause this is not what has been promised to the fans.

Getting in an unknown Georgian on a free is supposed to be strengthening the squad?

Two more weeks to spend our budget on proper players that lift the team to another level... hopefully.

Edited by Phugalu
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

It was a sad performance overall today.

We need a better wing back, because Barnabas ain't playing at the level he should be playing at. Is Vlietinck injured by the way? And where is that new guy Sadzoute?

Our central defenders are decent at most. That Dewaest is gonna cost us points because of his attitude, I'm sure of it.

So many bad passes from the entire team... The best player on the pitch was again Keita for me. Strong on the ball, good timing in the tackles, and decent passing.

I don't know why we don't play Maertens on the winger, I feel he is a much better player there than as a CM.

Schrijvers can stay on the bench for all I care. He hasn't shown once why he would be worth 2 million euros. 

Tamari does not add anything to our team either except for his speed. If football was a game of extremely left footed players... he'd be the best. No wonder he always gets stuck after dribbling have a field.

So I do hope that Top has an issue with our board, cause this is not what has been promised to the fans.

Getting in an unknown Georgian on a free is supposed to be strengthening the squad?

Two more weeks to spend our budget on proper players that lift the team to another level... hopefully.

.....I said in an earlier post that he needs to be used better and more often, carrying the ball, and he looks like he could be someone who can direct the play!!!

I have a feeling that he is going to be a very good player and will not be at OHL too long if we continue in this manner.

Results and standings after week 4:

Charleroi 1-1 Antwerp
Union 2-0 KV Kortrijk
KAS Eupen 2-1 STVV
RFC Seraing 2-3 KV Oostende
KRC Genk 4-0 OH Leuven
Beerschot 0-1 Standard
KAA Gent 2-0 KV Mechelen
Cercle Brugge 1-2 Anderlecht
Zulte Waregem 0-4 Club Brugge

P     TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   Union  9 4 3 1 0 8 2 6