Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea away match thread

Not happy with that. Can’t see how we can score without Nacho. He’s the only one other than Tielemens who id back to strike a shot well. Madders scuffs everything, Perez and Vardy can’t finish their breakfast recently!!

Not sure about this at all but Im going to try and not moan and just see what happens.

5 atb with Castange at the back though too 🤦‍♂️. This will take something heroic I think..

Edited by deanolegend1989

Just now, OntarioFox said:

Nacho out - maybe wanged his head with the trophy base on Saturday? lol

Nah, seriously speaking, after a game two days ago AND all the celebrations, it's gotta be a rotation thing - I'd fully expect Kelechi to come on for Vards around 60-70 mins with a view to having them both fresh for our usual formation at the weekend.

Tactical IMO. Gonna pack the middle, where they were getting lots of the ball in the final, and look for Vardy in behind or to the flanks when we win the ball. Maddison is better at picking those passes. Needs to work hard off the ball though. 

• Like 1

Looks like it could be that "box" midfield we used briefly around Xmas. 

Kasper

Castagne   Fofana   Soyuncu

Albrighton                                     Thomas

Tielemans         Ndidi

Perez                Maddison

Vardy

• Like 2

Another formation note - we tried to play it over the top and skip their midfield in the final, but it didn't really come off and we looked most threatening from set pieces and when we picked it up deep and went at them on the deck (see the Tielemans goal).

Bringing in Madders gives us that opportunity to try and play off the shoulder, which as we all know is where Vardy excels. Whether we'll win the midfield battle to make that possible remains to be seen.

White knuckle ride ahead. That Chelsea team looks strong. 

I can understand Iheanacho dropping to the bench, the match is 90 minutes, he's likely to have a part to play. It's important to match them in work rate from the off tonight and not let them get off to a flyer, hence the extra midfielder. If we can keep this tight, Chelsea will start to get frantic.

Strap in.

I hope Maddison is properly fit. He looked way short on Saturday, not even able to get to the ball when he was far nearer than any of the Chelsea players. I fear they may get revenge tonight given the elation we had on Saturday. To be honest it doesn't bother me so much as we have the FA Cup: though I would love to win the game and qualify for the Champions League!

What price a Big Dan Amartey winner from the bench? :fishing:

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Would of had Praet in for Maddison or Perez. 

we're sending him to the bogs when we need a goal mate:ph34r:

• Haha 1

I wonder if he’s done it to help Madders. In the back three formation I always felt Madders dropped too deep..... Perez worries me as he never does enough when he is on the wing. 

Whatever happens happens. I’ve decided that I’m not going to get down if we lose, it’s been a remarkable season and as much as I want top four, I can’t get on at a group of players who have just delivered the one thing this club has been longing for, for years.

It has been an incredible season, and we have done remarkably well considering all of the injuries we’ve had, key players not in form and extra work load of the EL. To win a trophy and challenge for the top four with a squad depth far inferior to those immediately around us is incredible. The lads have done us proud this season, I only hope we can hold onto key players and continue to grow, we are a couple of players away from being even better, next season if we end up in the EL, I think we will win it. 

Go out there lads and enjoy it’d you’ve earned it, whatever the result, I’ll see you at the KP next season, as the FA cup holders... 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Not happy with that. Can’t see how we can score without Nacho. He’s the only one other than Tielemens who id back to strike a shot well. Madders scuffs everything, Perez and Vardy can’t finish their breakfast recently!!

Not sure about this at all but Im going to try and not moan and just see what happens.

5 atb with Castange at the back though too 🤦‍♂️. This will take something heroic I think..

Castagne has been a right centre back in the last 2 games and we have managed to beat Man Utd and win an FA Cup...

• Like 1

I really get the impression that Brendan doesn't rate Kels at all.  He always found a reason to criticise but his scoring meant he couldn't drop him.  Two games without a goal or an assist and he's toast!

• Like 1