Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea away match thread

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This has s pretty much shameful. Just hanging around waiting to concede. 

I get that a draw isn't a terrible result all things considered but this is so dangerous.

We can't go the whole game offering zero threat, desperately hoping Vards scores a counter attack on his own. 

I hate to say it but if we can just make it to half time...

Guest ttfn
Just now, STUHILL said:

Not one person has said that you tit. 

Well. They have. Plenty have before the game. I’m not having a go at them. 

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

At the risk of enraging the “it doesn’t matter because we won the cup” brigade.

In isolation this is absolutely rubbish. We are so far off it. They could be 4 or 5-0 up.

Yes it is, it's every inch the Brighton game after we got promoted. They can say they had early nights etc, but it's going to have taken its toll and some will have gone over the top. 

Until you become a Chelsea where cups are nigh on meaningless at times, it's hard to stay focused and walk away after a win and just refocus. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

Well. They have. Plenty have before the game. I’m not having a go at them. 

No they said it was still be deemed a good season if we finish 5th with the Cup win. Everyone wants us to win tonight. It matters

Just now, MPH said:

I hate to say it but if we can just make it to half time...

Credit to Rodgers, when we play like this against teams we usually do have a stronger second half, it's like negate in the first then counter in the second. 

But it's still so risky. We're not reliable enough defensively to get away with this we've been so lucky so far. 

Must find more goal threat second half. Albrighton, Perez, Maddison is so lacking in pace it's embarrassing.