Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea away match thread

Would prefer to play 4 at the back with Castagne as RB and Ricardo coming in on right mid. Thomas can be LB with Albrighton at LM. Playing 3 at the back leaves us exposed. Not sure about starting Maddison over Nachos. With both Vardy and Nachos, we can press and stretch Chelsea.

Kasper

Castagne Fofana Soyuncu Thomas

Ricardo Ndidi Tielemans Albrighton

Nacho Vardy

Oh well

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Looks like it could be that "box" midfield we used briefly around Xmas. 

Kasper

Castagne   Fofana   Soyuncu

Albrighton                                     Thomas

Tielemans         Ndidi

Perez                Maddison

Vardy

Yeah I think it’s this. They caused us problems in the middle with Mount dropping into a gap between the midfield and defence, when their defenders pushed up we ended up outnumbered if either Fofana or Soy didn’t push up to Mount, and if they did it left space for Werner. I would guess our midfielders will look to play a little deeper and Vardy forward to make them think twice about pushing extra players up 

Edited by FoxesWalk

1 minute ago, nnfox said:

I really get the impression that Brendan doesn't rate Kels at all.  He always found a reason to criticise but his scoring meant he couldn't drop him.  Two games without a goal or an assist and he's toast!

I agree with you; it doesn't take much for Brendan to drop Kelechi; given his recent scoring record I'm still surprised he has done so tonight. He did have a bad game though on Saturday and it seems that's all it takes. 

8 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Not happy with that. Can’t see how we can score without Nacho. He’s the only one other than Tielemens who id back to strike a shot well. Madders scuffs everything, Perez and Vardy can’t finish their breakfast recently!!

Not sure about this at all but Im going to try and not moan

If this is you trying not to moan, it needs more work.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I really get the impression that Brendan doesn't rate Kels at all.  He always found a reason to criticise but his scoring meant he couldn't drop him.  Two games without a goal or an assist and he's toast!

Don’t be silly..... what he’s done is give him options from the bench. Chelsea had a lot of the ball in MF at the weekend so he’s probably looking to condense that area of the pitch, keep it tight and then if we are still in the game with 20 or so to go bring Kelch on.... 

It will be purely tactical not because he doesn’t rate him.....

• Like 2

What has happened to Dennis Praet. He used to play well with Tielemans. Thought he would be a bit more useful than Maddison tonight. Ah well. Got my lucky socks on so fingers crossed. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Pulisic is a quality player, I don’t know why he doesn’t start every week.

He's injury prone. His pace and ability to stop so abruptly comes at the expense of his hamstrings. Tuchel said that he played the full 90 mins earlier in the week and picked up a knock, so they were keeping an eye on him. 

I thought he (and Chilwell) played very well when they came on. Hopefully, with Maddison in the starting XI, we can hold onto the ball a little more and dictate the game. I am not sure we can sit back and defend like we did during the FA Cup and expect to keep a clean sheet. We are going to need to get on the scoresheet earlier and look to hurt them on the counter. 

Edited by Detroit Blues
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dayday said:

Nacho looked well off the pace, not really surprised he’s been dropped

Silva and Rudiger gave him no space, clearly he was identified by Chelsea as the person to stop, and they succeeded. Hopefully it will wrong foot them to have Maddison instead being a bit more slippery.

Nacho on second half IMO.