Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea away match thread

Honestly - I'll take that. We are getting battered but it's still 0-0. They'll get frustrated and make mistakes. Hopefully by then we'll have the personnel on the pitch to take advantage and shithouse a win.

• Like 1

Us being a notoriously decent 2nd half team gives me hope but my word we either need to change shape or just try and keep the ball more efficiently. 

It's frustrating not stringing passes together and not winning any kind of second ball. They manage to crowd out our key players instantly and also are very mobile on the ball. 

If we got another midfielder on it might help defensively with stopping the regular flow of attacks they have, but scoring against these lot looks to be difficult today. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Come on Rodgers. We need to change.

We need to switch to a back 4. Fofana and Soyuncu are often stretched to the side. Once they are there, it leaves holes in the middle. When we get the 5 back, then our midfield is too thin and Vardy needs to come back to help out. So Chelsea can just attack without worrying about any counter attack.

POOR tactical choice.

We need 442, with Nacho on to partner Vardy. As I mentioned pre-match.

Their play repeats and repeats. Keep playing down the sides, take Fofana and Soyuncu away from the middle, skip past them then get it back to the middle where there are holes.

We are very lucky not to have conceded. This is luck. Not Rodgers. Rodgers’ conservative preference is going to cost us if he does not change. Need to bring on Nacho back (to stretch the pitch) and switch to a back 4 (to cover the side channels without Fofana and Soyuncu constantly being dragged out wide). Come on Rodgers. Make the change. Time to be bold as otherwise Chelsea will score - it is just a matter of time!

Chelsea will moan but every decision was correct. We could be 2-0 down thanks to an offside goal and a hand ball. That would be a travesty. 

They are up for it as expected, we've survived. Tielemans will be better passing forward in the second half and we can nick something.