Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea away match thread

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Ah yes, because ordinarily offsides aren't a thing and you can literally pick a ball up and chuck it in the net. I get the feeling they're expressing, but it's just unlucky. How about your main striker times his runs and learns how to head a ball.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Totally predictable so far, except we didn't concede. Which makes it a good half for us. Still most likely we'll lose, but to get it this far level gives us a chance. As long as Perez is subbed before being sent off. 

Stream died during the penalty shout, seeing the replay I have no clue how that wasn't given, Youri kicks his heel clear as day.  Chelsea fans can definitely feel aggrieved by that one, massive inconsistency from the refs.

Lucky to still be in it, feels like a continuation of the last 10 of the cup final. Don’t think Maddison has been bad to be honest, he’s just getting completely swamped with the rest of the midfield, wouldn’t mind Ricardo coming on to take a few chances. Could pinch this with a bit of luck!

Anyone that thinks that wasn’t a pen, is talking with their heart only 😂… be raging if that was up the other end. 
Anyway no idea how we aren’t losing, you’d think our luck will run out soon, so going to have to turn up second half. Maddison too much of a passenger but he’s not playing where he should be. 

• Like 2

Awful dynamics. We have to change this - we won’t hold on like this. Overran and toothless. It was always going to be a really tough game, but this is squirmy! Nerves were barely back together from the weekend- and now frazzled again 🙁🙁

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Why can’t it intervene with the penalty?

Not sure exactly but I'd imagine it's because he'd given us a free-kick (no idea how).

I'd imagine if they could intervene it would've been overturned. I was only gong off what Tyler said.

32 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

The most obvious goal all season coming, doing nothing to stem the tide in the first twenty.  Long night ahead I feel

Serious question, I've checked your post history and when we win you never post and stay quiet, yet when we aren't playing well or are losing, you get right involved. 

Why?

Lucky to be 0-0. BR has to do something at half time. Change things around or something. Maddison has to do more to influence the game even if that means sitting on Mount (who is constantly being given space). We tend to become our most dangerous in the last third of a match so this is still all to play for. 

Guest bennytwohats
2 minutes ago, Corky said:

I'm not quite sure why VAR is getting grief this evening. It confirmed an offside goal and a handball goal. It couldn't intervene with the penalty.

At least be angry at things where it has an influence.

Why couldn’t it intervene in the penalty out of interest?

Agree on the others, they were rightly ruled out. 

To be fair, I expected an absolute onslaught, they were always going to go all guns blazing. Think we've defended well for the most part but Perez and Madders need to be holding the ball up much more effectively.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Their play repeats and repeats. Keep playing down the sides, take Fofana and Soyuncu away from the middle, skip past them then get it back to the middle where there are holes.

We are very lucky not to have conceded. This is luck. Not Rodgers. Rodgers’ conservative preference is going to cost us if he does not change. Need to bring on Nacho back (to stretch the pitch) and switch to a back 4 (to cover the side channels without Fofana and Soyuncu constantly being dragged out wide). Come on Rodgers. Make the change. Time to be bold as otherwise Chelsea will score - it is just a matter of time!

Kasper

Castagne Fofana Soyuncu Thomas

Ricardo/Perez Ndidi Tielemans Albrighton

Vardy Nacho

Subs: Nacho on for Maddison at HT

Ricardo on for Perez at HT or around 60 mins as Ricardo can defend and can operate as a winger better.

• Like 1