Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea away match thread

5 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

We simply have no options on the ball in this formation, I really hope Rodgers doesn't stick with this next season when we add players plus Barnes and Justin return.

Barnes is the outlet we are missing though. Perez and Maddison providing no outlet.

Just now, hejammy said:

Nacho is so much better at holding the ball up there and either turning or laying it off then either Maddison or Perez. We really need him for an outlet. 

At Wembley it bounced off him virtually every time. Might have influenced selection for this match. 

Never a pen. You can't just put your foot in front of somebody about to strike the ball and expect a penalty. Tielemans was already in his downswing, nothing he could do to avoid it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don’t know what they’re talking about with regards to the “penalty”. You can see that Youri is looking up to play the pass and has already made the movement to hit the ball, then Werner steps in front of him and so gets clipped. Not to mention his delayed reaction. 

If that was a peno then surely anytime a defending player goes to clear the ball you could just step in front of them and allow them to catch you. 

1 minute ago, eastendfox said:

Totally predictable so far, except we didn't concede. Which makes it a good half for us. Still most likely we'll lose, but to get it this far level gives us a chance. As long as Perez is subbed before being sent off. 

Praet on for Perez, give us a bit more control.

Chelsea cannot play at full tilt much longer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

To be fair to them, Chelsea have been immense. We are getting absolutely pummeled. 

Brendan HAS to change it. We won't survive another half of that. 

He won't make changes until at least 60 minutes. Very rarely does.

Just now, fleshdaddy said:

Serious question, I've checked your post history and when we win you never post and stay quiet, yet when we aren't playing well or are losing, you get right involved. 

Why?

Cause his glass is half full? 

• Like 1

Just now, Corky said:

Not sure exactly but I'd imagine it's because he'd given us a free-kick (no idea how).

I suppose they have seen it as Werner stepping across just as tielemans tries to play the ball... it would be a very harsh penalty that is for sure. Tielemans had no idea he is there and then he sticks his foot in 

• Like 1

Wow, where to start? Absolutely shocking performance, could easily be 3 or 4 down. Why doesn't Maddison have a fraction of Mount's energy? Perez is literal dogs hit. Literally does nothing. No pace, can't defend, cant tackle, never scores, gives the ball away all the time, absolute waste of space. Vardy, Albrighton, Maddison, Perez might aswell be in the stands with the 8,000 whinging cockney *****. 

There's no pressure in their midfield at all. Mount popping up and doing what he wants, Jorginho has a mile every time he has the ball. They should have had a penalty, very nearly got 2 or 3 other goals, if we don't improve this will end in defeat. 

Yeah it's great we won the cup, but it will most definitely still be a big disappointment to be in top 4 from day 1 and lose out in the last day 2 seasons in a row. Mentally that would be massively detrimental to us. Nacho and Ricardo on at half time please Albrighton and useless Perez off. 

6 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Just zero threat and pace out wide in this set up. Maybe drag Perez off and get Praet on. At least he's more physical and offers some running off the ball and behind the defence.

We don't have anyone with pace who can play wide. They're both injured.

• Like 2

yeh have to agree Perez has served his purpose in parts. Time for the nacho man to steal this show. Madders is not going to have time and space to do anything as Chelski are on him like flies on rice. All he can do is shield the ball and get fouled to slow the game down but we can't keep playing that way.

lets see what Rogers does. I think he knows we are hanging on by our finger nails! this could be the most important tinkering he has ever done in a game. Hope he makes the right decision.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Not sure exactly but I'd imagine it's because he'd given us a free-kick (no idea how).

The incident was before the foul was given 

astonished that wasn’t given as a var pen ....... can anyone (apart from us) say it wasn’t a pen ???  

3 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

I dunno how some of you can say that’s not a penalty and keep a straight face.

I mean I’ll take it, but that’s a huge let off for us

That’s not a penalty, never in a Month of Sundays.