Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea away match thread

Just now, oxtonfox said:

I agree with you; it doesn't take much for Brendan to drop Kelechi; given his recent scoring record I'm still surprised he has done so tonight. He did have a bad game though on Saturday and it seems that's all it takes. 

Yeah, but he did press well. He just didn’t find the space he needed, but you feel that he still has that strike in him but he just didn’t get a chance.  No idea why he should be dropped. Even if he plays in either one of Perez and Maddison’s position he would still be better.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I really get the impression that Brendan doesn't rate Kels at all.  He always found a reason to criticise but his scoring meant he couldn't drop him.  Two games without a goal or an assist and he's toast!

I don't think it's that. 

4 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I really get the impression that Brendan doesn't rate Kels at all.  He always found a reason to criticise but his scoring meant he couldn't drop him.  Two games without a goal or an assist and he's toast!

For me kelechi is a goal poacher, gets in great positions when we're in and around the box, but he's useless with his back to goal or playing on the break, which is what this game will be about tonight, I think that's why he isn't playing, you're better off with an extra midfielder

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

3 changes for Chelsea

Kepa, Alonso, Ziyech out

Mendy, ****, Pulisic in

Harsh blanking Chilwell's name instead of Alonso's tbf.

Chilwell is just a pantomime villain, Alonso is far worse human being.

Edited by Sampson

I'm sure 13 or 14 players will play a big part in our performance tonight, it's no longer about just the 11. I think Nacho is out more because of the formation than anything else but I'm sure he'll play a part at some point. 

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Don’t be silly..... what he’s done is give him options from the bench. Chelsea had a lot of the ball in MF at the weekend so he’s probably looking to condense that area of the pitch, keep it tight and then if we are still in the game with 20 or so to go bring Kelch on.... 

It will be purely tactical not because he doesn’t rate him.....

Then not sure why he starts Maddison. Perez I can but Nacho can drop deep (he is actually a good passer of the ball and can defend a bit too). Starting Praet may make sense too.

What’s the point in us playing the same team again against a side with Chelsea’s quality? They don’t have to really change things, we probably do....Chelsea had a lot of the ball in MF, so he’s added extra bodies in to help keep more control of the football in those areas. 

Maddison needed to play today, and Perez works hard so that’s probably what he is thinking. 

Kelch being on the bench means he has an option to bring on late in the game if needed. 

• Like 1

Chelsea have another chance for CL even if they bottle this, I wonder what that does to their psychology before a game like this. If they go behind do the heads drop and they start to think about that... possibly

Nacho has been scoring but some of his all round play has been poor with a lot of possession being lost at his feet.

Understand the change, we can't concede possession easily we will not see a huge amount of the ball and we need to do something with it when we have it and not lose it cheaply. Nacho to come on and score the winner.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Kels was closed down quickly and didn't get the opportunity to spin the opponent. Maddison should be more effective in between the lines, drawing defenders in and releasing the pass

The problem we have is the space in between OUR lines - particularly in between the defence and midfield if Ndidi doesn't cover it properly.

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

Then not sure why he starts Maddison. Perez I can but Nacho can drop deep (he is actually a good passer of the ball and can defend a bit too). Starting Praet may make sense too.

Because Madders can be a match winner. Praet isn’t. Plus we need options of the game needs changing... he changed things up because we probably had too. Nacho can be introduced later, but he’s probably wanted to get Vardy more central today to hang on the shoulder. 

I’m willing to trust a guy who’s just won the FA cup for us. 

5 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

After 35 minutes of the Man U match, we'd lost that and the cup final according to many in the match thread lol

Which is why I actively avoid the fukcing thing. Far too much vitriol and if I’m honest shit. 

• Like 1