Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea away match thread

Guest bennytwohats

I’m quite glad for a change in system. They’re probably a bit fresher than us in aggregate and if we played exactly the same game they’ll have probably been working little tweaks to better us. This keeps them guessing and gives us options in the game if it’s not working. I also think Chelsea are vulnerable to the wide areas and suspect this could be a change to make us a little less narrow.

3 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Another formation note - we tried to play it over the top and skip their midfield in the final, but it didn't really come off and we looked most threatening from set pieces and when we picked it up deep and went at them on the deck (see the Tielemans goal).

Bringing in Madders gives us that opportunity to try and play off the shoulder, which as we all know is where Vardy excels. Whether we'll win the midfield battle to make that possible remains to be seen.

I think one of the reasons that didn't come off is because James was obviously told to mark Vardy. But at the same time it nullified James's threat going forward for Chelsea. Needing to win I think Tuchel will change tactic and release James. It will give Thomas a bit more of a headache and we might see a Arsenal Pepe situation. but it will also open that over the top play into Vardy.

God I'd love to see Vardy score and wind up the crowd but I have a bad feeling this is going to go south very early, we'll then over commit to get level again and they'll capitalize. I'm less tense than Saturday but still nervous as foooooooooook. 

• Like 2

Just now, casablancas said:

Which is why I actively avoid the fukcing thing. Far too much vitriol and if I’m honest shit. 

Yep, me too. I've already realised that roughly 20 minutes in is the time to log out. I made it to half time against Man U in the match thread but got so annoyed with the negativity, I think I may have insulted someone, then I logged out. Tonight is likely to be unbearable unless we score 3 in the first 6 minutes, so I'm only here until kick off I think.

Anyway, enjoy the game, hopefully us positive lads will help the team home :thumbup:

• Like 3

Small margins but Chelsea pitch is one of the smallest in the Prem so that can only help the condensing of the midfield, defensive running back and also Vardy to try and take on through balls. 

4-3-2-1 for me.

Was initially surprised Kel has been dropped to the bench, but as others have said they gave him no time at all on the ball on Saturday. I reckon the idea is to control the midfield with Maddison and Youri, then use Ayo and Vards to hassle and win the ball back high up the pitch. They in turn feed the midfield...etc

26 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

4-2-3-1 I would say. 

Kasper. 
        Castagne Fofana  Cags   Thomas 

Youri.  N’didi 

Perez.         Maddison   Albrighton

Vardy 

?

I think it's being able to do that in game that may have been the reason for it.

• Like 2

They do seem stacked and ready to attack with pace and confidence. Problem with dropping a striker back to AM is we can't bypass midfield and Kante will love that.

Need to let their (Chelsea's) anger, frustration, crowd, work against them which I'm sure we can do. They'll want it hot and electric paced like the Benny Hill on acid stuff they sped up to after our goal, we just need more spells of possession to take the sting out of it. The longer the game goes on the more gaps they'll leave.

Tuchel is too astute and the Chelsea players are too good to go with exactly the same starting XI in two matches running. That, and flooding the midfield a little had to have been in the thinking of the manager. Slightly harsh on Kelechi, but it's definitely been done for the right reasons.

• Like 1