Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea away match thread

29 minutes ago, Corky said:

It's a big call leaving Iheanacho out with his recent goals and assists despite being shackled on Saturday.

Looks like he wants to he a little more pragmatic, Maddison and Perez, are little more likely to track back and put a foot in.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

I think one of the reasons that didn't come off is because James was obviously told to mark Vardy. But at the same time it nullified James's threat going forward for Chelsea. Needing to win I think Tuchel will change tactic and release James. It will give Thomas a bit more of a headache and we might see a Arsenal Pepe situation. but it will also open that over the top play into Vardy.

God I'd love to see Vardy score and wind up the crowd but I have a bad feeling this is going to go south very early, we'll then over commit to get level again and they'll capitalize. I'm less tense than Saturday but still nervous as foooooooooook. 

Very possible, not something I considered! There are definitely gonna be gaps round the back with Chilwell in there, we all know he's bang average defensively. When Evans went off I expected it to become a game of "we'll score more than you" and we ended up grinding out a 1-0 win, so what do i know? lol

The midfield battle will be key - we won it in the second half on Saturday and that's why we won the game. I'm skeptical that we can do that with a half-fit Maddison in there, but who knows.

I'm pretty chill about everything right now despite our arses becoming very much squeaky thanks to Allison. Que Sera Sera and all that, we'll still have our European Tour next season whatever happens but I'm confident the lads will beat Tottenham. I have this funny feeling that Gravelthroat is going to stop Liverpool in their tracks too, so I'll be happy with anything from today.

Edited by OntarioFox

Just now, Finn Claw II said:

Depends on which Chelsea turns up.  Massive pressure on them to win this

They just have to be more nervous than us. Imagine Leicester City ****ing them over twice for big prizes in a few days, the pressure on them must be close to unbearable, even for seasoned internationals.

• Like 1

It’s just a tactical change. Ian and Jamie were starved of service in the cup final.

If he keeps the back three then the change will be subtle with 2 behind 1 rather than 1 behind 2. Ian isn’t as comfortable as Vardy in the lone striker role and doesn’t have the work rate of Perez.

What he does better than all the others currently is put the ball in the net, but you’ve got to get it to him first. He’ll be an option off the bench if we need him 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jobyfox said:

It’s just a tactical change. Ian and Jamie were starved of service in the cup final.

If he keeps the back three then the change will be subtle with 2 behind 1 rather than 1 behind 2. Ian isn’t as comfortable as Vardy in the lone striker role and doesn’t have the work rate of Perez.

What he does better than all the others currently is put the ball in the net, but you’ve got to get it to him first. He’ll be an option off the bench if we need him

Still expect to see him get 20-30 mins against a tiring defense. His hold-up play is under-rated too, if we need to free up overlapping wingers or lay it off to Maddison (assuming he's still on the pitch himself).

• Like 1

I feel sorry for Iheanacho at times. He’s our top scorer by some way, any time has a slightly dodgy game he gets dropped.

It’s not like Maddison has earned a place, and he and Perez will hardly be more physical or win more tackles. 

• Like 1

If the script is written for anyone it could be Abraham coming on to score, hungry to prove a point which may or may not have been Tuchels intention but equally Vardy is due a goal.

You just know if Chelsea score they'll be kissing the badge after Amartey-gate. I disapproved, it was disrespectful but Chelsea talking about disrespecting a club? How about illegal approaches, tapping up players whilst on international duty etc, hardly respectful.

2 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I feel sorry for Iheanacho at times. He’s our top scorer by some way, any time has a slightly dodgy game he gets dropped.

It’s not like Maddison has earned a place, and he and Perez will hardly be more physical or win more tackles. 

Perez has wilfully failed to build any upper body strength... look at hiw manure have bulked greenwood up

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Looks like he wants to he a little more pragmatic, Maddison and Perez, are little more likely to track back and put a foot in.

Let’s hope our Amazing Foxes turn up and not the ones with a hangover from Saturday, going to go for a Foxes 1-2 win  Maddison quality Free Kick and a Vardy penalty 😉

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm cool as a cucumber about this one, cup is in the bag so **** it. 

This is it. Just **** it tonight lads...... what happens happens.... EL isn’t ideal but it’s more than Spurs and Arsenal have, and we could even win it. 

Just have 90 minutes of fun lads.