Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea away match thread

Just now, hejammy said:

Perez is just a non player. Doesn't actually do anything well. We need a replacement for him next session for sure. Vardy also has given nothing today and let's not even both with madders. 

This is literally three days after his clever anticipation led to the goal that won us our first ever FA Cup.

• Like 1

Just found a stat to hang on to.

"A goal for Kelechi Iheanacho on Tuesday would make him the first player in Premier League history to score on all seven days of the week in the same season."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest ttfn
1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Because of GD coming in to play if both us and Liverpool win on Sunday... 

Losing 2-0 is no good to us, we’d have to beat Spurs by 4 goals minimum.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Because of GD coming in to play if both us and Liverpool win on Sunday... 

Liverpool already have a better gd and have an extra game to play. Only chance we have is if somehow Liverpool drop points. Gd will not help us. 

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, Brooksy said:

Anyone else not arsed? We won the cup, its been a great season 

I love the fact we’ve won the FA cup but don’t make any excuses, it’s looking like we’ve shit and burned the top four yet again.

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I'd have taken 5th and an FA cup all day tbf, but this performance is leaving somewhat of a sour taste. Shocking. Absolutley shocking.

Let’s not paper over the cracks , we have been poor since the Prague game.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Thinking of this. If we finish 5th or above, we've once again continued our improvement and growth as a club. Consolidated our place as a top 6 club, and won a major trophy. 

If we get EL and Edouard along with Soumare to come in, we ‘could’ win the bloomin thing - we’re not even out of the CL race yet!!

This was always going to be a difficult game - more so for Chelsea playing a much better 11 from the start and having home fans to cheer them on from the off.

It’s also quite obvious this 3 at the back has some serious weak points, but without the level of personnel to change it I don’t blame Rodgers completely for continuing with it for now.

Let’s face it we may very well lose top four now, but it’s not down to this game. 

Beating a 10 man Southampton side would have helped. But personally I’m amazed there is still a chance with our injury list this season 

• Like 1

I just find it a bit embarrassing that teams like Leeds will throw caution to the wind, they've got an objectively weaker squad than ours, but they'll say fvck it, we've got nothing to lose and terrify teams by just bombing everyone forward. 

Even a goal down we've just not bothered in this game. I hate the way we're so fvcking passive sometimes in games, we just surrender all advantage without any plan to compensate. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Farrington fox said:

Pretty embarrassing. But it’s an FA cup hangover. Last chance saloon against Spurs in the hope lpool drop points. 

It's not. This is the CL finalist, it's Chelsea. Hurting from a final they were unfortunate to lose. Anything above a point for us would've been extraordinary.

• Like 1