Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea A Post Match Thread

Chelsea clearly wanted revenge and perhaps  was down to Tuchel.

He said in interview that he kept his team out on the pitch, watching us celebrate the cup win, out of 'respect'

No doubt the bitterness they must have felt was used as motivation for the re-match

He's sucessfully raised the morale of a team that 3 days ago lost the FA cup final they were massive favorites to win.

As preparation for their CL final to come you have to admit he's done a good job.

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Then leave him at home, he's even more off the ball then and it would leave a space in the team for a proper player. This modern day coloqialialism of 'doing more off the ball' is merely polite code for in reality, he's inconsequential and of f all use! It's merely an excuse. 

:shinji:

6 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Ricardo needs to start, perez needs to be sold this summer at any price

Yeah I'd have us pay to get rid of him to be fair. Of all the players for that chance to fall to... I'd rather it had fell to Soyuncu than that donkey. 

• Like 1

Gonna need the fans massively on Sunday. I think that really helped Chelsea last night. 

Hope Burnley fans really support their team and they help us out. I could see Villa getting a point, again they might be up for it with fans.

Need us to fully cheer us home Vs Spurs

Fuming with those last ten minutes or so, they did every trick in the book to waste it all, every tackle they went down like someone hit them with a pickaxe, Azpilicueta took about half hour to walk off after being subbed (I thought you were supposed to go off the side of the  pitch where your nearest, under the new rules??) The nonsense brawl started by that little bastard Chilwell, then that useless **** Perez sending our champions league hopes into row Q when it was easier to score. At least the rich will get their wish and Liverpool and Chelsea will be in the champions league. I actually find it hilarious they spent about 200m and have scraped past little leicester on the penultimate game. Well done money well spent. 

• Like 1

If Cags pushed a Chelsea player in the back like that, the player would roll around on the floor clutching his face and Cags would see a card.

How on earth did Rudiger get away with that?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, matty98 said:

What the fvck is Tuchel on about, it was his player that started it, Rudiger went up and pushed Ricardo from behind. Absolute cretin

It might have even been deliberate. Wasted precious time. With 5 mins added time, we could have build up another attack like the one Perez had with Ricardo’s cross.  Instead, with four minutes wasted and not knowing how much time the ref would add on top, we had to just hoof it up. 

15 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Fofana was one of our better players in that match, as he has been all season, and Werner absolutely threw himself to the ground.

I have no complaint about Fofana. He is one of the reasons we weren't 4-0 down at half time.

Yeah. Wont blame him though at the same time it was unnecessary to put his leg in like that inside the box when Werner was not a threat and heading towards the corner flag. This will add to his experience though.

Guest Danny Clender

We were by far the better team. 

We showed much more aggression, we were quicker to react and we looked far stronger in attack.

MOTB has to be Ricardo, I loved how he grabbed Rudiger and properly intimidated him.

That's why Rudiger kicked off, it was because he'd been made to look like a total puss. 

I thought Amartey was excellent, he came on when he was required and stuck up for himself against the bollo for throwing a Chelsea tea-towel.

And a shout out to Mike Stowell, best game he's had for us, IMO.

Overall, a fantastic win. 

As for the game,

Their energy for 70 minutes was the only way they could beat us and they maintained it well.

Maddison doesn't have answers to that kind of intensity and press, which is particularly highlighted when he has a supposed adversary on the field in Mason Mount. The two were incomparable. It's harsh, but for the Top 4, we can't carry performances like his last night. He has the talent, so he needs to work on solutions to that part of his game for next season. 

Perez was more effective in the press and defence, but again, we need the same application to his forward attacking play, that miss did his credibility rating no good at all.

Luke Thomas did what youngsters do, he was overwhelmed, made the wrong decision and gave away a ridiculous corner. We have a poor reputation all round at corners, so conceding one needlessly isn't what we need, he'll learn. 

I don't think Brendan deserves complaints for last night, it was a barrage and we weren't capable enough to deflect it.

I've always loved and loathed the Ben Chilwell narrative, but I was totally on board with it last night.

He looked like a hybrid mutated version of every schoolboy I ever despised.

Former players never wind me up, I find it all a pointless waste of energy, but Chilwell last night was every word I've seen him called on here. 

And The Charlie Chaplin Award for best comedy performance in a live sporting event....goes to..........Timo Werner.

3 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

We were by far the better team. 

We showed much more aggression, we were quicker to react and we looked far stronger in attack.

MOTB has to be Ricardo, I loved how he grabbed Rudiger and properly intimidated him.

That's why Rudiger kicked off, it was because he'd been made to look like a total puss. 

I thought Amartey was excellent, he came on when he was required and stuck up for himself against the bollo for throwing a Chelsea tea-towel.

And a shout out to Mike Stowell, best game he's had for us, IMO.

Overall, a fantastic win. 

As for the game,

Their energy for 70 minutes was the only way they could beat us and they maintained it well.

Maddison doesn't have answers to that kind of intensity and press, which is particularly highlighted when he has a supposed adversary on the field in Mason Mount. The two were incomparable. It's harsh, but for the Top 4, we can't carry performances like his last night. He has the talent, so he needs to work on solutions to that part of his game for next season. 

Perez was more effective in the press and defence, but again, we need the same application to his forward attacking play, that miss did his credibility rating no good at all.

Luke Thomas did what youngsters do, he was overwhelmed, made the wrong decision and gave away a ridiculous corner. We have a poor reputation all round at corners, so conceding one needlessly isn't what we need, he'll learn. 

I don't think Brendan deserves complaints for last night, it was a barrage and we weren't capable enough to deflect it.

I've always loved and loathed the Ben Chilwell narrative, but I was totally on board with it last night.

He looked like a hybrid mutated version of every schoolboy I ever despised.

Former players never wind me up, I find it all a pointless waste of energy, but Chilwell last night was every word I've seen him called on here. 

And The Charlie Chaplin Award for best comedy performance in a live sporting event....goes to..........Timo Werner.

Werner is a joke of a player. Has pace and literally nothing else. Throws himself to the floor with the same facial expression anytime someone breathes near him. Chelsea wasted about half the last 20 minutes I reckon through feigning injury, subs and fighting. Chilwell trying to get Ricardo booked and then  sent off shows what a classless **** he is. Hope Villa stuff em and we have the last laugh. 

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Hammering Perez but not little wes ???

This for me is just crazy to put them in the same category. Initially I didn't want to even bother replying to this as it's so ridiculous. Little Wes has been one of the shining lights of our season. Pérez has had what.... 1 good game?

13 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

What a bummer. If we fail again, which unfortunately looks likely, then how fvcking depressing. Big six bollocks. X

Though for 2 year ms 2 of the “big six” have been below us.

it’s going to the final day anything can happen. Liverpool have lost to the likes of Burnley this season already.

7 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I take your point but I don't think it's Brendan who created it. He's hampered by the players we currently have.

That's why I'm excited by the players were reported to be signing. Strong, fast and physical.

This will move us up a level or two.

He signed Perez and Praet, one's extremely poor and the other he doesn’t play. Has he therefore got 2 out of 2 wrong thus far then? Though it he's responsible for Fofana he's got that spectacularly right. Nevertheless, there's around 80m been spent there.

Not too disappointed for that as I didn’t really expect anything from it, or the FA Cup for that matter, so that was a fantastic bonus. We’re limping to the end of the season with about half the squad fully fit, so in the circumstances have done wildly above expectations.

Great to see them all so fired up at the end, but yes, it would have been nice not to wait till we’re 2 0 down before starting to play. Very poor from Maddison and Perez, and 2 needless set pieces given away for their goals. Despite all that we had a chance to grab a draw but Perez wasn’t up to the occasion.

On to the last Hail Mary against Tottenham and hoping that the others drop some points.

Guest Col city fan
8 hours ago, bovril said:

I walked up through Frenze and Shimpling a couple of weeks ago.

Good to see another Norfolk fox. 

I thought Diss was Suffolk?

28 minutes ago, hejammy said:

This for me is just crazy to put them in the same category. Initially I didn't want to even bother replying to this as it's so ridiculous. Little Wes has been one of the shining lights of our season. Pérez has had what.... 1 good game?

In the context of last nights game - there is a separate thread for dissing Perez!  this is the post match thread for last night. No one is going to argue that little wes isn’t a shining light in comparison to Perez but last night he was guilty of a poor error of judgment - his habit of nibbling from behind in and around the box is one he has to lose. and he will. 

8 hours ago, seenitall said:

Too many passengers tonight - Jamie V is struggling, Maddison as well, Perez is......., Albrighton a bit past it - you can’t start with a third of the team out of sorts against a resurgent side who are angry about being robbed of the cup - we need more players and ultimately to stop selling the ones we have if we were are to be a real big club - Kante Mahrez Maguire and even Chilwell playing for us tonight and it’s an easy win

we generally sell one a season. We couldn’t afford to pay the ones we have left if we didn’t. and you want us to add to the squad too?  we have, for the second year running, chucked away a £40m windfall. That’s going to hurt I’m afraid ...... in quite a few ways. 

16 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He signed Perez and Praet, one's extremely poor and the other he doesn’t play. Has he therefore got 2 out of 2 wrong thus far then? Though it he's responsible for Fofana he's got that spectacularly right. Nevertheless, there's around 80m been spent there.

I agree with you he has got those 2 wrong but I don't think he had much to do with Fofana. I think that was in the pipeline already. I'd sell the 2 of them as we need better. But that's not the only mistake he's made. He should have signed another Striker in his first Summer, which I think our top four finish last season. And but for Kelechi terrific form this season we would also be struggling.

However he clearly sees where the problems are and I fully agree. Many of us have be saying for a long time that we needed more pace and a physical presence. If we get the names reported to signing then that will be a huge improvement.

Last night clearly showed the loss of Barnes has been a huge handicap to deal with.  

I wouldn't be to critical of the players for last night. Fatigue was clearly visible in a few players. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

Reports that many of the key players were absolutely out of it on Saturday/Sunday must have been true. Think they adopted the same view as many of those on here that were happy with 5th place and the FA Cup.

I'd expected that they would be told to wait before they celebrated. Maddison hinted that they'd 'indulged' themselves, but hadn't forgotten what was coming up.

Two days recovery isn't enough for a player who has been careful about sleep, rest, massage and his nutrition. It's easy to forget that these are cosseted boys - trained to do what the men around them tell and allow them to do. It needs an iron hand to sustain focus and thereby stop any 'wandering' from the the goal. I suspect it was just too much temptation to party and let Tuesday look after itself.

I think City is a comfortable club to play for. The types who end up at the big clubs are very ambitious - they have ambitious owners and coaches and they're always running to stay in the pack. Sacking and dropping is normal for them. They wouldn't need telling to stay 'on the ball' and that a result wasn't just expected - it was obligatory. Living in that cauldron demands a certain type and Rudiger demonstrated that attitude fully. I was glad our guys retaliated - it shows that they were motivated.

If what you state is true, then it's a pity they couldn't bring that motivation to their preparation. I'd disagree that they were satisfied with 5th and the Cup - they just weren't mature enough to bring self-discipline and group-discipline to bear.

• Like 1