Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea A Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Harvey isn’t going anywhere 

little wes isn’t going anywhere 

youri is clearly having a think about something.......I heard a journo on the radio this afternoon who seemed to have some contact with YT’s people and it seems they have offers 

I would be absolutely amazed if Youri's not getting offers

Just now, st albans fox said:

Harvey isn’t going anywhere 

little wes isn’t going anywhere 

youri is clearly having a think about something.......I heard a journo on the radio this afternoon who seemed to have some contact with YT’s people and it seems they have offers 

If Youri wants to go then let him, no point having unhappy players at the club, just look at Mahrez.

3 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

You having a laugh? It was a definite peno, most stupid clumsy idiotic tackle ive ever seen and they were denied a clear one in the first half aswell. We got far more rub of the green off Mike Dean tonight without a shadow of a doubt and we still couldnt use it to our advantage

Yes they deserved to win, but how many free kicks did dean allow them in the first half.

Then when he lost control of the game he did let us away with a few.

As for the penalty yes it was naive  from Fafana , but he barely touch him when and Weiner dived.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Why would we be, he played superbly. I assume you're talking about the non-penalty that was incorrectly given. lol

Blue tinted again ........there’s no need to have a feel for the ball when you can’t get near it .........pointless and runs the risk that you make some contact and the player goes down 

I suspect if  thats inside the area, dean doesn’t give it but because he thinks it’s outside he does. Then var gets involved 

• Like 1

Brendan got it wrong tonight no 2 ways about it, you can’t not start Nacho because he had his first bad game since he came into the team because he’s carried us for the past 6 months us.

That being said, Chelsea still have to go to a Villa Park with fans in the stadium for the first time in 14 months and get a result against a team with their best player back. 

Regardless of what happens on Sunday, it’s been a successful season and no one should be too down hearted. If we don’t get top 4 then we don’t deserve to get top 4.

And oh yeah, F*** Ben Chilwell!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not fresh enough tonight, and that's down to a lack of rotation for a while now. That chance of Perez is harder than it looks but that's the class we don't quite have. Other than that they wanted it more as we would have done if they'd won Saturday. That's all. Blame your lack of CL place on other games, not this one. Though to be honest 5th and the cup beats 4th and losing in the final for me. We go again, and mostly what a great season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Clever Fox said:

Yes they deserved to win, but how many free kicks did dean allow them in the first half.

Then when he lost control of the game he did let us away with a few.

As for the penalty yes it was naive  from Fafana , but he barely touch him when and Weiner dived.

All true perhaps. As is the fact we were shite. No escaping that sadly this evening. 

• Like 2

Just now, dayday said:

If Youri wants to go then let him, no point having unhappy players at the club, just look at Mahrez.

The only thing I'd say to that is Youri doesn't look particularly unhappy, and has good rapport witht the rest of the squad, but if a bigger club come's iin offering him twice his salary his happiness won't really factor in I dont think

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, adam said:

The European football is a waste of time unless its the CL. We wont take it seriously. 

There's no point if we put out weakened sides; may as well not take part in it. Now we've won the cup, I'd like to see us prioritise the Europa League over the FA Cup if required. 

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Bit annoying, but I made a promise that if we won the cup, I’d accept 5th. So be it

Me too. It means more to me in the long run. And we aren't out of it yet for top 4. There's still a fair bit of football to go.

It’s alright blaming Rodgers.... but, we have a fairly small squad, key players aren’t fit or match fit, and we don’t have any depth that can really change a game....

We’ve been running on empty for a while, and I think Saturday took the last bit of that out of us. 

All we can do it hope Burnley, Palace or Villa do us a favour and we can muster up a result next weekend. But if you’re relying on that then you need to question why. 

We had a chance to wrap this up a few weeks ago and failed to do it, we all said that we needed to be clear by these last three games.

Tonight is gutting and I’m not expecting Burnley to win tomorrow, but who knows. They might. 

• Like 2

Just too many passengers in the team. I know most will look at Perez and Maddisons pathetic performance, but the only thing Vardy did was assist Chelsea for their first goal. Castagne is no CB, and his defending at the corner was terrible.  Absolutely terrible set up by Rodgers.

Edited by sm1

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Needed someone to stand up to that **** Rudiger. Constantly body checking people, picking fights and pushing people. But we are full of soft bastards. At least Ricardo gave them a bit if aggression. 

No complaints on the result, looks like we are going to fall short again. Just don't have the the little bit extra needed. 

People will quickly jump on Maddison and Perez but Vardy offered nothing again. 

Yep you're spot on. Vardy has a lot of credit in the bank (And rightly so) but he's offered nothing for some time now. 

I know you're not necessarily defending Maddison and Perez but I reckon they're the worst creative players any top 6 side has had for quite some time. 

7 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

lmao innit 

it's almost as if we didn't win the fa cup two days ago 

chelsea, at home with a crowd, wounded after cup defeat were always going to be up for it

we were always going to be a bit knackered probably

fair enough, be disappointed but all this 'disgusting' shit is just a bit sad really 

And the default  saying of “we’ve bottled it again “ . Well we didn’t on Saturday did we .  

Perez, for all the work he's supposed to have put in, was hired as a striker. I know Vardy's going through a goal drought, but he's still x times sharper than Perez. Iheanacho once again found the net and then Perez does what Perez always invariably does - fails to get the shot on target...and for good measure, cannot hold the ball. Every other ****er can - Vardy, Iheanacho, Maddison, Tielemans, Wilf, Cags, Ricardo, Castagne and Little Wes - but smart-arse Perez loses it every ****ing time. He just isn't up to the level required. Anyone else would have slotted that ball away, but Perez ****s it up and then turns away as if it didn't mean a lot. Maddison should have stayed on.

Yes, we love BR when it goes right, yet tonight they just looked jaded, but how come they can turn it on when the situation gets critical.

As for Ruediger - what a cvnt that bloke is. Shoving Ricardo like that deserved a booking and a punch in the kisser. His goal was just him using his weight to force it - so much for Chelsea's sophisticated football.

Werner is a sly ****er. Playing up to the ref., grinning when he tries it on and grinning even more when he gets away with it. I suspect he felt Fofana touch his leg and dived - no real contact there.

BR has a blind side. He has his favourites and his automatic picks. The game called out for the midfield to be reinforced - time and again Chelsea found channels. It called out for Praet - along side Tielemans and N'Didi. BR should have known a storm was in the offing, but he stuck Albrighton on - who's never a natural defender - and then, too late, he puts Ricardo on. He looked miles better tonight.

We had the cards stacked against us - their ground, their fans, the inevitable 'hangover' from Saturday and the desire for revenge.

One thing I did enjoy - made me feel miles better, was the rumble at the end. I just wish somebody had poleaxed Ruediger. Zouma was also pushing his weight around. They're both thugs.

Just now, chrisfox said:

The only thing I'd say to that is Youri doesn't look particularly unhappy, and has good rapport witht the rest of the squad, but if a bigger club come's iin offering him twice his salary his happiness won't really factor in I dont think

I honestly believe Youri isn't motivated by money. He loves it here and above all needs to feel wanted. It's at least part of why he wouldn't wait for United, and signed for us. Because we wanted him. We just have to show how much we appreciate him on Sunday.

Anyway, not a Youri thread. We played poorly for large portions of the game, in part because Chelsea were relentless. They deserved the win. They just didn't need to act like ***** in doing so.

• Like 1