Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea A Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

It’s alright blaming Rodgers.... but, we have a fairly small squad, key players aren’t fit or match fit, and we don’t have any depth that can really change a game....

We’ve been running on empty for a while, and I think Saturday took the last bit of that out of us. 

All we can do it hope Burnley, Palace or Villa do us a favour and we can muster up a result next weekend. But if you’re relying on that then you need to question why. 

We had a chance to wrap this up a few weeks ago and failed to do it, we all said that we needed to be clear by these last three games.

Tonight is gutting and I’m not expecting Burnley to win tomorrow, but who knows. They might. 

A draw would do fine!

Just now, J.Lisemore said:

Perez offers more off the ball than he does on it. That says something in itself. He is supposed to be an attacking player. 

He’s shit, to lightweight and should be nowhere near the first team, our midfield on the whole is to lightweight, we need a nasty bastard in there and hopefully Soumare is the boy

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Blue tinted again ........there’s no need to have a feel for the ball when you can’t get near it .........pointless and runs the risk that you make some contact and the player goes down 

I suspect if  thats inside the area, dean doesn’t give it but because he thinks it’s outside he does. Then var gets involved 

Blue tinted? lol

Have you not seen the abuse I've had from people for my negative posts, I'm the least blue tinted person you'll find.

Werner takes another step, and is not off balance and then throws himself to the floor when he realises contact was in the box. There's not enough for it to be a foul at all and that's all there is to it tbh. The officials got it wrong, I'm not gonna have Fofana blamed for the officials mistake. 

Dean doesn't give that if he thought it was a pen. The only reason it was given is because the refs are too stubborn to admit that the initial decision was wrong.

Alan Smith and the ball bag pundits are an absolute scurge on the game for normalising and helping create this thought process that contact in box = penalty. It's awful

• Like 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, matty98 said:

What the fvck is Tuchel on about, it was his player that started it, Rudiger went up and pushed Ricardo from behind. Absolute cretin

Man under pressure. He's two games away from being sacked.

Their players are falling out with him already.

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes they deserved to win, but how many free kicks did dean allow them in the first half.

Then when he lost control of the game he did let us away with a few.

As for the penalty yes it was naive  from Fafana , but he barely touch him when and Weiner dived.

Werners was 100 percent a peno, Tielemans had plenty of time to clear but his dordling allowed Werner to get close and then he ended up booting the back of his leg

28 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Loser of the final always wins the league game when 2 clubs meet straight after, wasn't expecting anything tonight.

Won the big one anyway. 

Perez can get to **** though man, pointless.

Won the match that gave us a trophy but lost the match that would've given us Champions League which has always been our main aim. Some would argue they'd rather it were the other way round...I'm on the fence re that until we find out where we finish. 

• Like 2

Almost inevitable, after the euphoria of Saturday, that we'd be disappointed tonight. Their goals came from two moments of clumsy defending, but we were still well beaten. The rally towards the end was encouraging, and we even showed some aggression, but we were second best and deservedly lost. We aren't yet strong enough to match the likes of Chelsea on a regular basis. 

Chelsea players fully celebrating🤣. How embarrassing can tell that cup win hurt them a lot. Would love it if villa beat them on the final day and they miss out. Not too keen on the scousers but would rather see them there instead of Chelsea

• Like 1

Just got to hope now that Chelsea lose against Villa and Liverpool take Chelsea’s place in CL Spot we beat the spuds convincingly final game with our home crowd to cheer them on CL football for us next season then icing on cake Man City thrash Chelsea in the CL Final,  surely it’s written in the stars for us to achieve a bit more greatness this season !!

mind you we need to put out an amazing display v the spuds unlike tonight’s 1st 75 min 💙🦊💙🦊💙

Chelsea at home, with baying fans back for the first time, collectively smarting from a cup final loss. 

Probably the toughest game of the season for any team in the league.

And we wouldn’t have needed a result tonight if it wasn’t for our bizarre ability throughout the season to unexpectedly become absolutely fvcking woeful for no reason.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hales said:

Ricardo, Ndidi and Kel are our most placid players normally so I'm sure something was said for them to react like that!

Agreed, it did look like Mike Stowell was explaining something to the ref, suggesting something was said to kick it off

• Like 1