Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea A Post Match Thread

25 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

Perez offers more off the ball than he does on it. That says something in itself. He is supposed to be an attacking player. 

Then leave him at home, he's even more off the ball then and it would leave a space in the team for a proper player. This modern day coloqialialism of 'doing more off the ball' is merely polite code for in reality, he's inconsequential and of f all use! It's merely an excuse. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

23 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

Can you manic depressives chill out and stop swallowing the Sky induced bollocks that only CL matters.

Top 5 and winning the FA Cup - fking BRILLIANT season... Stop playing it down or you'll never be happy in your lives.

Agree with this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LestaFox92 said:

Rudiger getting praised for going through the back of people and acting like a total c**t all game.

He is a **** but something our side could do with.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

Except he helped us win the FA Cup so STFU

Well that's it then no criticism of any player who won the FA cup is aload again. No point in doing the player ratings either, if they won the FA Cup they are exempt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Still in our hands. Just need to put ten past Spurs to ensure we've a better goal difference than Liverpool.

Come on Burnley, Palace or Villa. Do us a favour and make it easier.

Reading that second paragraph has made me realise the hopelessness of our situation!lol

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Werners was 100 percent a peno, Tielemans had plenty of time to clear but his dordling allowed Werner to get close and then he ended up booting the back of his leg

Look at it again I think you'll see very little contact.

What about Rudiger throw young Thomas to the Ground for no reason. He should have been sent off for that alone, and that was only one of many fouls he committed.

I'm more disappointed with the refereeing than I am with our performance, As we were always likely to struggle after 3 games in a week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Look at it again I think you'll see very little contact.

What about Rudiger throw young Thomas to the Ground for no reason. He should have been sent off for that alone, and that was only one of many fouls he committed.

I'm more disappointed with the refereeing than I am with our performance, As we were always likely to struggle after 3 games in a week.

Mike Dean though.  terrible ref who want's the spotlight more than the players

• Like 1

It seems to have been forgotten about. But in my opinion Chelsea, United, City, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal shouldn’t be on their current points tally, they should be docked at least 20. The PL have failed in their bid to punish these clubs. Simply letting them carry on as normal. 

Nothing will ever change, the greed of those clubs will continue. We are that little spark fighting back. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 3

What frustrates me is that we have player's in the squad who could have freshened things up tonight to add a bit more energy yet certain player's seem to have disappeared into the ether. What's the point of having a squad if you don't a) trust the players, b) utilise them. I don't want to be critical of Brendan after Saturday's win but it was the same last season, there's a definite bias towards certain individuals and it's ultimately proving to be his achilles heel. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Clear that Iheanacho and Ricardo offer more than some of the starters tonight. If we can beat Spurs I would not be surprised if Chelsea are held away at Vills

Keep the faith has been a very good season whatever happens so let’s get behind them at the weekend 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Chelsea deserved the win, they were very good, particularly in the first half, and we weren't at it at all.  The ease at which they broke our "press" and the effectiveness of theirs on our defence restricted us to just pretty much hoofing it out for majority of the match. Thought the formation was wrong, but hindsight if wonderful and all that noting it was the same to win us the cup.  We were absolutely sliced apart by  simple balls through the middle due to the chasm of space between the front three and the midfield which was also reminiscent of the 1st half on Saturday.  Need to give up this high press approach when it's Vards, Madders and Perez as it's not effective and just creates space for the opposition.

It's really disappointing, but we were beaten by the better team.  Brace yourself for the word "bottle" to be chucked around for fun which is now the default word for whenever any team loses to any other team nowadays.  IF we don't make top 4, then it wasn't this game, it was the Southampton and Newcastle performances.  You can dig out the lists of the the earlier season loses, but those past two were games we knew we had to get results from and aren't comparable to the earlier games.

Don't get why people are shocked about Chilwell's behaviour, he switched off last season when he knew he'd got his move.  Clearly believes he's better than us and the behaviour he's shown to his ex-team mates is to be expected.  Can't even blame the booing in the final given this pre-match words and behaviour before his move.  Now he's at Chelsea, he can hide behind the big kids like the child he is (can guarantee after 2 weeks of silence, he'll suddenly remember his Twitter logon).

Easy to slate Perez as he was dreadful (and pretty much has been all season), but so were several others.  I don't even like reading "x would have buried that shot from Ayoze", as any footballer worth their salt should have buried that, it was a shocking attempt.

The fact I'm feeling a bit indifferent to this result just shows how elated I still am from Saturday.  It'd be nice to play in the Champions League, but I personally don't think it'll make a huge difference to players we are going to sign, as the wages we offer will be the same regardless of which competition we're in.  Also, with respect to players leaving, we've had players go (to non-champs league teams) and want to go when we were in Champions League, so not sure that will be a bit swing on players motived.  It'd be a nice journey, but a second season in Europa might be better for the development of the club as, it hurts to write, the quality of our squad (highlight the word as we've got some exceptional individuals) is more at that level.

It's hard not to feel disappointed, but it's not over yet!  Keep the faith and if it goes tits up, just re-watch the cup final.

Like expressing a little bit of Schadenfreude, do we? Because we're not being 'objective' about the match and you are?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

It seems to have been forgotten about. But in my opinion Chelsea, United, City, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal shouldn’t be say on their current points tally, they should be docked at least 20. The PL have failed in their bid to punish these clubs. Simply letting them carry on as normal. 

Nothing will ever change, the greed of those clubs will continue. We are that little spark fighting back. 

We were supposedly one of the driving forces for letting them get of scot free.

9 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Won the match that gave us a trophy but lost the match that would've given us Champions League which has always been our main aim. Some would argue they'd rather it were the other way round...I'm on the fence re that until we find out where we finish. 

It's taken us 137 years to win the FA Cup. We were in the Champions League 4 years ago.

Maybe now we've got the monkey off our backs we can start prioritising but that cup win was everything for a good chunk of our fanbase.

• Like 1

Just now, TWUKO said:

Its disappointing to throw it away again for another season, I know it's not over yet but these idiots are obsessed with the champions league that much that they won't throw it away now.

Fully expect Burnley and villa to get absolutely battered! Seeing Liverpool on Sunday and Chelsea today, you'd think that they'd just won a cup final, absolutely pathetic, bloody sky obsessed with it too, it really is just laughable. They should actually start giving out little trophies for finishing top 4.

If it does happen it wasn't lost here, our home form has been nothing but average, that's cost us. Also we have looked very tired and passive for a numbers of weeks. I think the only games we've dominated recently were against 2 teams that were relegated, says it all really.

Positives, European campaigns for 2 successive seasons for the first time in our history I believe and our holy grail the FA cup for the first time in our 137 year history, and I was proud to witness that!

Let these muppets have it, we're a real club with real passionate fans, and value our success with all our hearts, not some glory hunting plastics!!!

Sky will big up the race for the top 4, Chelsea and Liverpool will squeak in (open top bus parade?), Sky will make a massive deal over it, the fact that these clubs tried to destroy the CL last month will never be mentioned again. What super league? 

• Like 3