Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea A Post Match Thread

Maybe we can give europe a proper go next season as we will hopefully have a few extra quality players in and some of the injured lads back. You still have some good teams to play agaisnt I know the money side isn’t great but image taking it seriously and gojng all the way.

tonight wasn’t great to be honest but they have put a lot of effort in over the last 2 games which would have been draining. Would be crap to miss out on the champs league again but maybe next year could be 3rd time lucky if we do miss out. 
Vardy has been off for a while and if we do miss out on champs league I wonder if will be tempted to call it a day now he has won the fa cup. Sounds silly I know but can’t help but think it. 🙈

2 minutes ago, enmac said:

To put things into some perspective we got beaten by the potential champions of Europe. I'd be quite optimistic if this was a 2 legged affair. 

No way they’ve beat city in the final. At least I hope not. All behind city on that one. Hope Mahrez destroys Chilwell. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Tell me again what Perez contributes

Screenshot_20210518-224805~2.png

Good point, 2 league goals, both against awful relegated Sheffield United, 1 in the cup against a championship side. So really in 35 games his contribution has been 1 assist, would love to know who that was against, probably a nothing assist to! Doesn't warrant a place in the starting 11 next season!

Just now, Pliskin said:

Nothing will ever change, the greed of those clubs will continue. We are that little spark fighting back. 

It won't.

I thought I couldn't get any more cynical about modern football but the way the media and some of the fans of these clubs are now creaming themselves over a top 4 finish is just priceless after what happened. 

Thank **** for the FA Cup. 

• Like 3

A professional footballer lumping it over from that position is diabolical. That should, against the odds, have been 2-2. That was a £40 million pound miss at least.  Perez is beyond poor and needs to get in the bin. 

That being said we were poor for vast parts of that game and Chelsea clearly wanted it more. 

now we have to see if Burnley can do us a favour, otherwise off to the Europa League we go, again. I’m fuming. 

• Like 4

Just now, TWUKO said:

Good point, 2 league goals, both against awful relegated Sheffield United, 1 in the cup against a championship side. So really in 35 games his contribution has been 1 assist, would love to know who that was against, probably a nothing assist to! Doesn't warrant a place in the starting 11 next season!

Genuinely, I've given him a lot of stick this season so I wanted to check the numbers, but you have to have more than that from your 'second striker'/attacking midfield/number 10 candidate

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

That 2nd half pen was rather soft I thought but guess they will say it made up for the first half incident.

Penalty was soft but idiotic defending. 

• Like 1

Just now, sishades said:

5th place minimum and an FA Cup win. Superb, and with horrendous injuries throughout the season. We lost CL because of our abysmal home record, but was offset with our outstanding away record. 11 away wins is a record at this level. When fans get back into the stadia things may equalise out but at the moment im still on cloud nine due the cup win.

Off topic but where abouts in the Diss area are you? One of my favourite places (no really). 

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Look at it again I think you'll see very little contact.

What about Rudiger throw young Thomas to the Ground for no reason. He should have been sent off for that alone, and that was only one of many fouls he committed.

I'm more disappointed with the refereeing than I am with our performance, As we were always likely to struggle after 3 games in a week.

Rudiger is a thug. People get pens for the slightest touch and this guy is literally pushing people over at corners and getting away with it.

And what about Dean allowing Azpilacueta to ignore his requests to leave the pitch at the nearest point before walking slowly off across the pitch? You think Dean allows one of our players to do that? The ball was in play for about 1 of the 5 minutes of injury time.

• Like 2

Also assuming spurs are gojng to be a walk over when we have a defence that is prone to games like against Newcastle could let Kane and bale have a field day to see them selfs off to better Things 

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Rudiger is a thug. People get pens for the slightest touch and this guy is literally pushing people over at corners and getting away with it.

And what about Dean allowing Azpilacueta to ignore his requests to leave the pitch at the nearest point before walking slowly off across the pitch? You think Dean allows one of our players to do that? The ball was in play for about 1 of the 5 minutes of injury time.

Dean is a ****. He always has been.

Look how far we’ve come though, we’ve had a team who spent 72 millions on Havertz, 48 million on Werner, 36 million on Ziyech, 22 million on Mendy, and over 45 million on one of our own players absolutely rattled. 

as disappointing as missing out on top 4 will be, I think us and pundits are forgetting how much we are actually over achieving. We’ve utilised our squad expertly this season and still have a chance of making the top 4.  

We’re forgetting that we’re still missing many of our key players and still have players coming back from injury, Chelsea on the other hand have been with a full squad with much more depth for the past 2 games we’ve played them.

Edited by LCFCbwoi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We'll see what happens tomorrow with Liverpool and if there's any damage. Saturday was a fabulous day but after seeing two seasons in a row of bottling it I'm not having my head patted with an FA cup after I haven't seen a decent performance for 5 months. Some people love to lean into the 'little old Leicester' narrative and are happy with what Sky say they should be happy with.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Look at it again I think you'll see very little contact.

What about Rudiger throw young Thomas to the Ground for no reason. He should have been sent off for that alone, and that was only one of many fouls he committed.

I'm more disappointed with the refereeing than I am with our performance, As we were always likely to struggle after 3 games in a week.

I cant stand Rudiger, absolutley despise the gangly dirty c*nt but still think Mike Dean gave us more crucial decisions then them

Just now, LCFCbwoi said:

Look how far we’ve come though, we’ve had a team who spent 72 millions on Havertz, 48 million on Werner, 36 million on Ziyech, 22 million on Mendy, and over 45 million on one of our own players absolutely rattled. 

as disappointing as missing out on top 4 will be, I think us and pundits are forgetting how much we are actually over achieving. We’ve utilised our squad expertly this season and still have a chance of making the top 4.  

Spot on. Doing that with our first 11 would be great...managing to have this season with the injuries we've had is a phenomenal effort from everyone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LCFCbwoi said:

Spending nearly 2 seasons in the top 4 is not ‘over achieving’