Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea A Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Rudiger is a thug. People get pens for the slightest touch and this guy is literally pushing people over at corners and getting away with it.

And what about Dean allowing Azpilacueta to ignore his requests to leave the pitch at the nearest point before walking slowly off across the pitch? You think Dean allows one of our players to do that? The ball was in play for about 1 of the 5 minutes of injury time.

Exactly, He is a thug. picking on the youngest kid on the pitch. 

What annoys me is where is the Var ref for that attack on Thomas. Even if Dean didn't see it he should have been notified and Rudiger should have been sent off.

2 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Genuinely, I've given him a lot of stick this season so I wanted to check the numbers, but you have to have more than that from your 'second striker'/attacking midfield/number 10 candidate

100% agree, this season maddison has added goals and assists despite injuries limiting his game time, same for Barnes who had really stepped up his game, nacho has worked hard and found out how to score. Perez is just becoming pointless, the new demari gray!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Maybe we can give europe a proper go next season as we will hopefully have a few extra quality players in and some of the injured lads back. You still have some good teams to play agaisnt I know the money side isn’t great but image taking it seriously and gojng all the way.

tonight wasn’t great to be honest but they have put a lot of effort in over the last 2 games which would have been draining. Would be crap to miss out on the champs league again but maybe next year could be 3rd time lucky if we do miss out. 
Vardy has been off for a while and if we do miss out on champs league I wonder if will be tempted to call it a day now he has won the fa cup. Sounds silly I know but can’t help but think it. 🙈

We gave Europe a real & Proper go this season....and qualified.....

Our squad is nowhere near as strong goes not as so Deep in Quality as the Top 4 Big clubs, But we gave it a Good go,with a decimated squad.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Only had 5 beers and I'm half cut lol

Still can't see Liverpool winning both their games, but unsure if we'll even beat Spurs tbf. It is what it is, EL and Fa Cup winners is a fantastic achievement and we'll only improve the squad over the summer.

I've seen Liverpool a lot this season and they're the one I still have a feeling will slip. Maybe optimistic. They've just thrown in so many abject performances.

Then again, maybe the WBA game was that one in the run in and they managed to snatch a win.

4 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

I cant stand Rudiger, absolutley despise the gangly dirty c*nt but still think Mike Dean gave us more crucial decisions then them

Rudiger should be censored even now for what he done to Thomas. Totally unprovoked.

Even Brendan said it was a soft penalty to give them. But it's about opinions at the end of the day.

The Mike Dean thing that stood out to me was the 2 instances Mount scythed Perez down after Mount got "injured" in a clash with Perez. It was clear cynical retaliation, not attempt to play the ball, and a million miles worse than the "foul" on Chillwell that caused their billion pound drama student factory to lose their shit, and Dean did nothing. Second one he didn't even give a foul. Both were yellows.

Anyway, disappointed to lose, Chelsea probably deserved their win on the balance of play, but galling that the deciding goal was a penalty won by Werner's continual diving (didn't replay that as many times as that pathetic dive in the first half, eh Sky Sports?). Chelsea's cheating was awful, constant dirty fouls, and they were lobbing themselves to the floor every five seconds and screaming for everything. Hope Man City batter the ever living piss out of them in the final, and then I will gladly enjoy a big slice of Schadenfreude when I see Chillwell, Rudiger, Mount and that diving cheating shitbag Werner crying their eyes out on TV.

Edited by orangecity23
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I'm not having my head patted with an FA cup after I haven't seen a decent performance for 5 months. Some people love to lean into the 'little old Leicester' narrative and are happy with what Sky say they should be happy with.

There's a lot to agree with here, there comes a point where your mentality has to change and I think that's true of the whole club.

Why not us? Why shouldn't we rip into the top 4? We are right to look at the results that have cost us 9-12 points this season and not be happy.

Must remember though, when it comes to fine margins and having the endurance to stay the course there's nothing like a couple of hundred million quid to tip the balance.

With our injury list this season, you can just as easily put a 5th-place finish and our late-season lethargy down to luck. We very nearly made it despite all that.

19 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Too many passengers tonight - Jamie V is struggling, Maddison as well, Perez is......., Albrighton a bit past it - you can’t start with a third of the team out of sorts against a resurgent side who are angry about being robbed of the cup - we need more players and ultimately to stop selling the ones we have if we were are to be a real big club - Kante Mahrez Maguire and even Chilwell playing for us tonight and it’s an easy win

Think the last time they beat us in the league before tonight they were all playing for us.

Just now, Steve Earle said:

Just popped in for a quick look - big mistake. What a load of moaning, entitled boll***s there is on the last couple of pages!

We won the FA Cup & will play in Europe next season, man! 

And tbh - we are by no means without a chance of a top 4 finish.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AS78UK said:

Brenden thinks we need to slow it down more to create chances.....personally thinking the opposite...where was the intensity and speed for the first 60+ minutes.   

Bloody hell, if we slow Rodgers football down any further we'll be recruiting from Age UK!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Spending nearly 2 seasons in the top 4 is not ‘over achieving’ 

We deserve to be where we are, but to suggest that anyone should expect us to finish in the top 4 when our rivals go and spend almost £200 million in one transfer window is a lie. 

we are where we are because we have a world class manager, who the majority of the time gets it right. without Rodgers, there’s no way we’d even be in with a shout of top 4

1 minute ago, orangecity23 said:

The Mike Dean thing that stood out to me was the 2 instances Mount scythed Perez down after Mount got "injured" in a clash with Perez. It was clear cynical retaliation, not attempt to play the ball, and a million miles worse than the "foul" on Chillwell that caused their billion pound drama student factory to lose their shit, and Dean did nothing. Second one he didn't even give a foul. Both were yellows.

Anyway, disappointed to lose, Chelsea probably deserved their win on the balance of play, but galling that the deciding goal was a penalty won by Werner's continual diving (didn't replay that as many times as that pathetic dive in the first half, eh Sky Sports?). Chelsea's cheating was awful, constant dirty fouls, and they were lobbing themselves to the floor every five seconds and screaming for everything. Hope Man City batter the ever living piss out of them in the final, and then I will gladly enjoy a big slice of Schadenfreude when I see Chillwell, Rudiger, Mount and that diving cheating shitbag Werner crying their eyes out on TV.

This is the level of vindictive anger I came here for. I need to purge myself of mine by reading the words of kindred spirits!

• Like 3

Thoughts:

1) Let's see where we are at 6pm Sunday.

2) I hope we get CL but another season in the Europa League won't kill us. Far from it. We'll know more about it and can have a good crack at winning it.

3) Every club has injuries but we've definitely been suffering this season, especially with our Cup runs.

4) We won the Cup.

5) Squad doesn't need an overall but it needs a bit of fresh blood.

• Like 2

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

I do wonder if we are just a bit too nice. We're never in the ref's ear to put pressure on him to get decisions. We don't have any horrible bullies like Rudiger intimidating the opposition. Sometimes this stuff really does help you get results.

There was a spell in the game where I thought Mount was going to get a share of the refereeing fee he was having such a running dialogue, tugging the sleeve, getting in his face, stopping re-starts. Our boys go near Dean and it's "Go Away!".

• Like 1

Tuchel fits the profile of the Chelski like a glove.  Utter c**t.  Anyhow, let’s see how this pains out on Sunday and I hope ManC absolutely stuff them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fazzyfox said:

There was a spell in the game where I thought Mount was going to get a share of the refereeing fee he was having such a running dialogue, tugging the sleeve, getting in his face, stopping re-starts. Our boys go near Dean and it's "Go Away!".

the Mount love in on Sky commentary was sickening as well, he's a decent player but how the **** he got MoM from Alan Smith I'll never know

Not sure I get these jibes from various posters about being ‘entitled’.  After spending nearly 2 full seasons in the top 4 you’d think we are ALL a bit entitled to be miffed if we don’t make the CL again. It isn’t being ‘entitled’ at all. It’s simply staring reality in the face and realising that we are letting slip another fantastic opportunity. 

Not tonight’s defeat at fault, it’s all those stupid losses that should have seen us actually perform. We didn’t. I think it’s perfectly fair to be disappointed.