Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea A Post Match Thread

24 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

It's taken us 137 years to win the FA Cup. We were in the Champions League 4 years ago.

Maybe now we've got the monkey off our backs we can start prioritising but that cup win was everything for a good chunk of our fanbase.

I totally get that and I was delighted that we won the FA Cup. The top 4 race was always more likely to be our success this season but I think its been proven that once again our squad isn't deep enough to meet 2 targets in a season.

• Like 2

Chelsea and their carry on tonight was bordering on detestable. 

That said we can't have any complaints whatsoever with that result.  

A combination of possible fa cup hangover and ultra motivated opposition did for us. Having fans back was a big help to them too.

Onto the next game. 

Edited by Blue ROI

Highlighted our need to reinforce our attack , not creating nearly enough chances. Having said that a ridiculous overreaction from some on here. We lost 2-1 to the Champions League finalists. Losing to Chelsea is understandable, losing to Newcastle isn't.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Thrown it away with a whimper again. Now have to pray Liverpool or Chelsea faulter but I can't see it 🙏

...we are missing so much energy......we just haven't the personnel to intimidate the opposition!!!

Barnes and JJ are greatly missed and it now dictates the way we play and the formations we choose to implement, the question is are we Champions League quality, I do not know but are we good enough to ask the question, and the answer is emphatically yes.

We can match The United's and Chelsea's of this world and where ever we finish this season, we are more than good enough to sit at the big table.

8 minutes ago, lennybhoy said:

This all comes down to rotation.The first eleven needed freshening up tonight.Brendan does not seem to trust players.

I'm very surprised he's not playing Praet anymore, could have quite easily come on for Perez tonight

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Bloody hell, if we slow Rodgers football down any further we'll be recruiting from Age UK!

I take your point but I don't think it's Brendan who created it. He's hampered by the players we currently have.

That's why I'm excited by the players were reported to be signing. Strong, fast and physical.

This will move us up a level or two.

• Like 2

I know it’s frowned upon to bash ex players but Chilwell asking the ref to book/send off riccy was shit to see. Chilwell was a little boy when Riccy came and at least respect your ex teammate. I’m glad Riccy kicked him. Good lad.

Dont mind Chilwell otherwise but that just annoyed me.

• Like 2

Still trying to work out why, out of all the players involved, only Amartey got booked in that melee at the end lol 

I watched it back again, and there were other Chelsea subs on the pitch, so it can't be that. He must have said something? He did no more than any other player involved yet for some reason the 4th official and Mike Dean fancy going for him and only him?

Nothing for Rudiger's sly push on Ricardo which is what kicked it off anyway.

I think the team has run out of gas.  Without Barnes, Justin and Evans and with Vardy out of form, Maddison and Ricardo carrying injuries/out of form the team is just exhausted and carrying too many passengers without the depth to rotate.  

But on the plus side...

GettyImages-1011398404-b6f686c.jpg.fc01eac0f50939b90ff7358d434540ff.jpg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bert said:

Some of our fans really don’t deserve to support our club. 

Absolute cry babies, self entitled children that can’t win or lose with any grace.

Appalling specimens that wouldn’t look out of place supporting the super league.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The difference tonight is that Chelsea were pretty much at full strength. We were missing some very important players (Barnes, Justin, Evans) whilst 2 others (Maddison and Ricardo) are not really fit. Add those 5 players and change the formation and it's a different game.

Chelsea have had the fewest injuries in the whole of the premier league this year. 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Still trying to work out why, out of all the players involved, only Amartey got booked in that melee at the end lol 

I watched it back again, and there were other Chelsea subs on the pitch, so it can't be that. He must have said something? He did no more than any other player involved yet for some reason the 4th official and Mike Dean fancy going for him and only him?

Nothing for Rudiger's sly push on Ricardo which is what kicked it off anyway.

Or the Rudiger push on young Thomas in the Box. 

Dan must have said something to Dean. Delighted to see him step in.