Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea A Post Match Thread

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Still trying to work out why, out of all the players involved, only Amartey got booked in that melee at the end lol 

I watched it back again, and there were other Chelsea subs on the pitch, so it can't be that. He must have said something? He did no more than any other player involved yet for some reason the 4th official and Mike Dean fancy going for him and only him?

Nothing for Rudiger's sly push on Ricardo which is what kicked it off anyway.

Can only Think it was the same case as clattenburg which is very surprising considering it was mike dean that he didn’t want to interfere with the possibility of a last day decider by sending someone off 

Crowd, squad size, the hangover from Saturday... There are good excuses, and it's easy to forgive these players and this manager right now.

Trying to look at the game objectively and soberly, I'd say Chelsea sustained their commitment and concentration for more of the game that Leicester. I didn't agree with all of Rodgers' decision-making, but neither did I feel it was one of the major factors in the defeat. I just felt there were too many sub-par performances and horrible errors.

And not only Fofana and Perez. Thomas had a hand in their first when he made a meal of a routine clearance. Maddison was generally absent and needed to be hooked much sooner. Few of them excelled.

One feeling, throughout the game, was that our build-up play didn't help. It not only sucked momentum out of the game when we didn't need it to, it also led to a situation whereby our CBs were taking more risks than our attacking players. And it was so sloppily executed.

Sometimes I wonder whether the next managerial mastermind who takes football by storm will be someone who looks at that element of the game and says, 'This doesn't work for everyone as well as they think it does.'

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Crowd, squad size, the hangover from Saturday... There are good excuses, and it's easy to forgive these players and this manager right now.

Trying to look at the game objectively and soberly, I'd say Chelsea sustained their commitment and concentration for more of the game that Leicester. I didn't agree with all of Rodgers' decision-making, but neither did I feel it was one of the major factors in the defeat. I just felt there were too many sub-par performances and horrible errors.

And not only Fofana and Perez. Thomas had a hand in their first when he made a meal of a routine clearance. Maddison was generally absent and needed to be hooked much sooner. Few of them excelled.

One feeling, throughout the game, was that our build-up play didn't help. It not only sucked momentum out of the game when we didn't need it to, it also led to a situation whereby our CBs were taking more risks than our attacking players. And it was so sloppily executed.

Sometimes I wonder whether the next managerial mastermind who takes football by storm will be someone who looks at that element of the game and says, 'This doesn't work for everyone as well as they think it does.'

Eloquently put.

Thank **** for Saturday.

I think I’d be put off football otherwise. Really reallypoor display from us, but I just knew the footballing gods had 4 of the bastard 6 to take the spaces and everyone would just forget they didn’t want to be in the Champions League in the first place. 

Werner is a puppet-faced **** and I actually originally thought we were too harsh on Chilwell, but **** the greasy-haired ponce. Hope Man City roll them over. 

Thougjt we’d ****ed it after Newcastle and Liverpool have done everything to convince me I was right.

that said I would never swap it for the FA Cup. 

Edited by RonnieTodger

It's not over yet! how sweet would it be if Chelski screw it up against Villa. Yeh they were coming for us but will they have the red mist when they face villa? I highly doubt it and if Villa decide to play they could cause an upset. Time for madders to get on the phone to his bestie Grealish to put in a masterclass :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

Chilwell has well and truly burned his bridges to the ground with us, which is a shame.

At least Slabhead has had some decency and was a nice touch to congratulate us on Saturday.

Not sure why he has done so badly tbh. I mean to come out and say what he did after the club made him. Very odd.

Just because of some boos while playing for Leicester when, let’s face it, he was shite at times. Then to celebrate four times in two games and 3 of the goals get ruled out. He’s embarrassed himself massively. 

Hope he gets dogs at the King Power next season. Here’s an idea Ben, don’t piss off 30,000 fans when you shit yourself at Millwall away.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

It's not over yet! how sweet would it be if Chelski screw it up against Villa. Yeh they were coming for us but will they have the red mist when they face villa? I highly doubt it and if Villa decide to play they could cause an upset. Time for madders to get on the phone to his bestie Grealish to put in a masterclass :thumbup:

Great idea

Perhaps he could offer Grelish a lend of that twatty rucksack and his favorite hairband.

That would sweeten the deal

Why can't we just admit that we were absolutely toothless today and agree that Chelsea deserved their win?

If that's the best we can produce seeking CL promotion, then perhaps we should try harder

• Like 1

Antonio Rudiger: 

“Unfortunately some people of their team don’t know how to celebrate and we had to punish them for this. Don’t disrespect the club history. This is a bit bigger then you.”

I would usually get pissed off at that. But **** him, we’ve rattled them. History ? You’ve been part of a Chelsea’s mediocre defence since Terry retired. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Chilwell has well and truly burned his bridges to the ground with us, which is a shame.

At least Slabhead has had some decency and was a nice touch to congratulate us on Saturday.

What am I missing here? What's the reason he's become so hateful towards us?

Didn't Mahrez remove himself from 3 games in a row for us, after we were sitting 2 points away from Arsenal in 6th place, who then went on to lose their next game? Surprised he has largely lived that down, despite being part of the title winning season. Chilwell must have done something really bad.

Edited by Kendal Fox

12 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Why can't we just admit that we were absolutely toothless today and agree that Chelsea deserved their win?

If that's the best we can produce seeking CL promotion, then perhaps we should try harder

Reports that many of the key players were absolutely out of it on Saturday/Sunday must have been true. Think they adopted the same view as many of those on here that were happy with 5th place and the FA Cup.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bovril said:

Unbelievable how some people are talking down the first FA Cup win in the club's history.

I'd say it's typical behaviour from 'big 6' clubs but to be honest it's typical of some Leicester fans.

We do have some miserable buggers supporting our club. 

We didn't play well tonight and 2-1 flattered us but successive fifth placed finishes (at worst, and we can still finish third) and a glorious first FA Cup win and it's still the end of the f'ckin world for some.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Antonio Rudiger: 

“Unfortunately some people of their team don’t know how to celebrate and we had to punish them for this. Don’t disrespect the club history. This is a bit bigger then you.”

I would usually get pissed off at that. But **** him, we’ve rattled them. History ? You’ve been part of a Chelsea’s mediocre defence since Terry retired. 

Just realised Jorginho signalled 2-0 down the camera too. We really rattled these lol 

Not like they spent hundreds of millions more than us in the summer. Unreal

21 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Reports that many of the key players were absolutely out of it on Saturday/Sunday must have been true. Think they adopted the same view as many of those on here that were happy with 5th place and the FA Cup.

Celebration was part of the joy of winning the Cup

Edited by trabuch

37 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Antonio Rudiger: 

Strange bunch, absolutely rattled them. lol