Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea A Post Match Thread

Guest Col city fan
7 hours ago, Bert said:

Some of our fans really don’t deserve to support our club. 

Really can’t stand posts like this and it’s no surprise who’s written it

We all have our own reasons for supporting the club and mine will have sod all to do with yours. 
The FA cup final was a dream. Crowds at the game, Tielemans goal, Top, etc etc

I wrote after the game in terms of being a City fan, I can now die a happy man

But that doesn’t mean I or ‘we’ can’t be pissed off about last night’s rubbish AND at the likelihood that we are going to blow the Champs League AGAIN for the second season running when a month or so ok we we all saying it was in the bag

If you want to deny that, that’s your choice. Personally I’d rather not for the moment thanks very much.

We are Leicester city. There are reasons clubs like ours don’t make the champions league every season. MONEY.  We didn’t play great yesterday but we are still in the fight for a place in the biggest trophy of all “ the top four” :ph34r:. Be many twists yet . 
Fans will play a part....!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teblin said:

Though for 2 year ms 2 of the “big six” have been below us.

it’s going to the final day anything can happen. Liverpool have lost to the likes of Burnley this season already.

Good points well made. X 

8 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Chelsea have had the fewest injuries in the whole of the premier league this year. 

It's because they have a squad of 25 players all at a similar high level so they can rotate to avoid players burning out and picking up injuries as a result. It's the same with Man City. I'm not even sure what either club's first XI is.

By comparison, when we start removing any of our starting players the drop off in quality is usually very noticeable. Our fully fit first team is definitely a match for Chelsea but last night we simply had too many key components either missing or not fully fit. For example, I spent the whole 90 minutes wishing we had Barnes and Justin fit and running at the aging Azpilacueta. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, teblin said:

Our 1 goal we scored could actually be massive.

Possibly, but unlikely. Even if Liverpool beat Burnley and Palace by a single goal we'd need to beat Spurs by three.

If Liverpool draw one and win one by a single goal their goal difference would be better so we'd have to beat Spurs.

If Liverpool lose one and win one we could still finish above them if we lose to Spurs but we'd need them to lose their game by 3+ goals and hope they only win their one game by one and we only lose by one.

I'd kind of love it though if Liverpool are beating Palace by one and we are beating Spurs by one with 10 minutes to go. We'd have to go for it, but so would Spurs as they are losing the game and aren't bothered about our top 4 race. Could be fun.

27 minutes ago, Bert said:

No one is saying you can’t be pissed off. I’m pissed off we’ve lost, read my posts you’ll see I said it wasn’t good enough.

The likelihood is that coming into the last game of the season is that it could well be out of our hands and that is incredibly disappointing after the position we’ve been in all season. 

My point was more the attacks on individuals, if you think that’s acceptable then I fear for you. Some people just go way too far, we are all incredibly passionate about our club and always want to win, but some of the stuff aimed at Luke Thomas which I’ve seen is disgusting. Same with Perez and Maddison. Of course I, and yourself know they could all perform so much better. 

People look at situations differently and that’s life. Come Sunday if we finish 5th I’ll be incredibly disappointed, but I won’t be going out to attack certain individuals. 

Well said.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Really can’t stand posts like this and it’s no surprise who’s written it

We all have our own reasons for supporting the club and mine will have sod all to do with yours. 
The FA cup final was a dream. Crowds at the game, Tielemans goal, Top, etc etc

I wrote after the game in terms of being a City fan, I can now die a happy man

But that doesn’t mean I or ‘we’ can’t be pissed off about last night’s rubbish AND at the likelihood that we are going to blow the Champs League AGAIN for the second season running when a month or so ok we we all saying it was in the bag

If you want to deny that, that’s your choice. Personally I’d rather not for the moment thanks very much.

Some of our fans are absolute idiots though you can’t deny that. I know all clubs have their plonkers but Leicester seems to have a big % of ungrateful pricks basically. Maybe the title win has something to do with it I don’t know. 

Im raging about last night to be honest though. We’ve fvcked it again 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Just unfortunate it was on camera. Being blown way out of proportion. 

Don’t worry, He’ll be gone in the summer

Rodgers looks to be doing anything to not have to put Dan on the pitch

👍

Edited by Col city fan

58 minutes ago, Bert said:

No one is saying you can’t be pissed off. I’m pissed off we’ve lost, read my posts you’ll see I said it wasn’t good enough.

The likelihood is that coming into the last game of the season is that it could well be out of our hands and that is incredibly disappointing after the position we’ve been in all season. 

My point was more the attacks on individuals, if you think that’s acceptable then I fear for you. Some people just go way too far, we are all incredibly passionate about our club and always want to win, but some of the stuff aimed at Luke Thomas which I’ve seen is disgusting. Same with Perez and Maddison. Of course I, and yourself know they could all perform so much better. 

People look at situations differently and that’s life. Come Sunday if we finish 5th I’ll be incredibly disappointed, but I won’t be going out to attack certain individuals. 

Personal attacks on individual players should be wiped by the mods. None of our players are consistently poor. If they were they would be no where near us . Players have poor matches, even Messi , it happens, but insulting attacks on them are bang out of order.

• Like 1

If players get fired up over a silly pennant, they need to grow up a bit!  Amartey should of p****d all over it, then it would have been deserving of such a club.  Remember Chelsea are a club that wanted to screw over the entire football pyramid in the England.  Chelsea don't deserve any respect a long with the other 5.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, bovril said:

Weird comment, and I think you've made it more than once. 

Winning the cup wasn't the cause of Portsmouth's downfall and missing out on the top 4 won't cause ours either. 

Unbelievable how some people are talking down the first FA Cup win in the club's history. I'd say it's typical behaviour from 'big 6' clubs but to be honest it's typical of some Leicester fans. We do have some miserable buggers supporting our club. 

No I don’t think I have made it before, others have. 

I am delighted we won the FA Cup as are, I’d imagine, all of us. These are the best of times to be an LCFC fan. 

I just see us reaching the champions league as very important and a way of bruising the Big 6 even further. CL would strengthen us, not finish us. 

How does one uncouple mood from football? I got myself in a right tiz last night and even woke up angry. If Chelsea would have swept us away with a blinding performance I’d have been less peed off, the fact it wasn’t a penalty after a litany of unsportsmanlike dives really got me. Chilwell got right under my skin too. What is his problem with us? Where are his personal values? Trying to get Ricardo, a former colleague, carded. After a nothing challenge. Despicable!

Edited by SydenhamFox
  • Like 1

For all these so called anti racism campaigns, black lives matter etc etc it's pretty appalling but not surprising that Chelsea fans are doing this. Hope they get battered by city. They have history of this. If i were a journalist I'd ask one lf those chelsea players if they feel good about encouraging this. Because they definitely are. 

Edited by NasPb

44 minutes ago, brucey said:

It just wasn't a great idea from Amartey. Did for them what the infamous "Arsenal dressing room selfie" did for us. 

Don't buy it myself. I seriously doubt those players actually care about that.

All this talk about being "fired up". If I were a Chelsea fan i'd be wondering where that spirit was for a Cup final. Just seems like they're pandering to the fans and saying what the fans want to hear.

Unless words were said between the two sets of players on the pitch, I strongly doubt that Chelsea took motivation from something that happened inside our dressing room.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Kind of amusing out of all our players, it’s Dan Amartey who’s rattled the entire Chelsea team lol

Absolutely. His ego being out of control? He’s one of the quietest nicest lads ever. Fvck chelsea, fvck Chilwell and fvck that idiot Rudiger too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

Some of our fans are absolute idiots though you can’t deny that. I know all clubs have their plonkers but Leicester seems to have a big % of ungrateful pricks basically. Maybe the title win has something to do with it I don’t know. 

Im raging about last night to be honest though. We’ve fvcked it again 

Like you allude to every club has this brains trust element but as far as I can see with Leicester it really is a small minority. Social media and online platforms probably give this element an artifically amplified mouth unfortunately.

Think yourself lucky in that sense when you see the "minority" Rangers have who destroyed each other and their own city again at the weekend while "celebrating".

Chelsea have big game players and last night was a big game. 

They are truly horrible baskets when they need to be, and that was one of the reasons they've had so much success over the years. 

As good as they can play, they know the dark arts very well and this had been in the club for decades. 

Maybe we're a little too nice at times and allow ourselves to get bullied. 

Missed Evans big time last night imo

Still baffled at that 3-4-3 formation last night. Was prime for Chelsea's midfield runners (which included one of the best in the league at it) to use the channel between WB and CB repeatedly. We went pressing high up and by utilising Mendy, Jorginho could break the press and we'd end up woefully out numbered in midfield. 

When 3-4-3 has worked well for us, it's been very reliant on the speed of Barnes and Justin. Against Man City earlier on in the season, the relationships between the WB and wide attackers was superb. Perez and Maddison tend to go more central narrowing the pitch. Since we've played three at the back, we hold our CBs really wide in possession which creates difficulties to the wing backs particularly on the pitches like Stamford Bridge. 

We played Kel last night, we'd have another midfielder to provide cover - defaulting to 4-4-2 probably without the ball.